Team-BHP - Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/66317-jopasu-car-duster-mini-review.html)

I have a black beauty and as everyone is aware its a royal pain to keep the dirt and dust off the black body. I was always on the lookout for a good and decent quality car duster which can do a good job of wiping away the fine dust before I cover her up everyday. The only options that were available were those fancy multi colored plastic dusters which you can buy at any traffic lights, but they are just good enough to do a half job, always leaving streaks of dust behind and making it look more messy. Then I tried those orange colored micro-fiber cloths and tried to use them to dust off the dirt, but they were also no good. Then I thought about getting one of those expensive ‘California dusters’ but I did not see any value for money in them and the cost factor always kept me away.

Then about six months ago I came across the Indian Jopasu brand while searching the internet for any locally available dusters. First I was skeptical since they were pretty unknown in any car accessories product and the product appeared to be dicey on their website, I was apprehensive that it would do more harm than good to the body paint. Their products were available on ebay and were decently priced, but I still did not order it as I was not too confident on their products. Then recently ebay floated around some discount vouchers :D, and I also read about some positive feedback from some tbhpians, so I finally decided to use that discount to purchase of these car dusters from jopasu, if the product failed then it would not hurt much. The individual jopasu car duster was not available so I had to place an order for the combo pack, a car duster and a mini duster plus a free wax shampoo. I ordered and waited anxiously.

The package arrived in about 3-4 days days and I was surprised by the size of the packing, it was packed pretty decently and I was seriously not expecting such a large packing, I was expecting something much smaller. I opened the packing and was pleasantly surprised again to find the dusters packed in a nice little carry-pouch. Let the pictures do the talking, they even bundled along a demo CD though I haven’t looked at it.

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_9547.jpg Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_9550.jpg

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_9548.jpg Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_9530.jpg

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_9531.jpg Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_9532.jpg

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_9534.jpg Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_9538.jpg

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_9535.jpg Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_9537.jpg

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_9539.jpg Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_9544.jpg

The dusters comes with their individual good quality carry pouches and are convenient for storage. The size of the car duster is pretty big and the build quality is also good. The threads are made of cotton I think and they feel soft to the touch. The mini duster can be used as illustrated to clean the interiors/exteriors or a motorcycle.

The car duster cleans and wipes the dust off effortlessly and effectively and it takes 2~3 minutes to wipe clean a WagonR. I must say I am not disappointed with the results and it does a pretty good job, and since the duster size is large it only takes a few hand strokes to efficiently wipe the dust. The duster is definitely a good value for money and a must have for any car lover.

Cheers.

Shakensoul, that's a nice pictorial review. I would also go for one and place the order today.

Hello, The duster looks impressive. But does the duster create any swirl marks? scratches? anything of that sorts. Please provide a feedback after using this duster.

I have been on the look out for one like this. Good to hear about Jopasu. I will grab one for my car.

Has any one tried about motorized dusters?

Quote:

Originally Posted by knp (Post 1504417)
Shakensoul, that's a nice pictorial review. I would also go for one and place the order today.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MutantX (Post 1504431)
Hello, The duster looks impressive. But does the duster create any swirl marks? scratches? anything of that sorts. Please provide a feedback after using this duster.

I have used it for only a couple of times, and till now I have not noticed any swirl marks or scratches left behind. Since the duster size is large, you need very minimal effort, swirl marks can only appear if you apply too much pressure which is not required. A few tbhpians have already been using the duster extensively and I guess no one has complained of any scratches due to the duster.

Disclaimer : I am not linked to the company neither I am promoting the Jopasu brand. Please don't expect miracles to happen and expect the duster to make the car spanking clean :D

This is really very nice duster. I purchased it from my local car detailer in Hyderabad. It does a decent job by removing the fine dust. It does a great job by observing the dust inside rather than wiping it as other plastic duster does. I have been using this duster almost for 8 months now, and it has reduced my visits to the car wash considerable.

My car is placed without any protection at my house and as there is lots of construction around, My car is always covered with fine dust and cement. So whenever I wipe it, it removes the fine dust with out making any marks. I find it effortless, it takes just a few minutes for my Swift.

Though it cannot remove the marks which have been marked by Rain and heavy dust like those made by mud thrown from the wheels on the side of doors. But I can clean some on the roof, glass, Hatch and Bonnet.

I am very much satisfied with this product. If you need I can show some pics demo of the same.

Thanks , nice review .I dint see prices .What are the damages ? .Need to buy those .

Quote:

Originally Posted by vrrraju (Post 1507318)
This is really very nice duster. I purchased it from my local car detailer in Hyderabad. It does a decent job by removing the fine dust. It does a great job by observing the dust inside rather than wiping it as other plastic duster does. I have been using this duster almost for 8 months now, and it has reduced my visits to the car wash considerable.

My car is placed without any protection at my house and as there is lots of construction around, My car is always covered with fine dust and cement. So whenever I wipe it, it removes the fine dust with out making any marks. I find it effortless, it takes just a few minutes for my Swift.

Though it cannot remove the marks which have been marked by Rain and heavy dust like those made by mud thrown from the wheels on the side of doors. But I can clean some on the roof, glass, Hatch and Bonnet.

I am very much satisfied with this product. If you need I can show some pics demo of the same.

Great feedback, nice to hear that you have been using it for 8 months and satisfied :), BTW I think its washable, so have you tried that ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by black12rr (Post 1507335)
Thanks , nice review .I dint see prices .What are the damages ? .Need to buy those .

The car duster is available on ebay for about 415 + 65 shipping. I got the combo pack for 625+75 shipping (-300 ebay discount voucher :D)

I use a static duster for cleaning my car. Please see the attached image.

It has a nice handle and has a very good reach (easily reaches the roof of the car with minimal effort). It also has a plastic cover which covers the broom when not in use.

I always keep it in the car. I can easily dry-clean the car using this duster in a minute or so. This duster is only useful for cleaning dry dust, not for cleaning mud stains etc.

I purchased this from an exhibition, not sure if it is available in the shops. Similar products are also available in TV shopping, but are a bit expensive.

Rohan,
Bangalore

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakensoul (Post 1507362)
(-300 ebay discount voucher :D)

Where does one get this voucher?? :D

Excellent mini review there! I have been using the Jopasu car duster for over 3 years now and it is the best product to get dust off your car without getting micro-scratches on your paint. And it does the job beautifully! Just one swipe over the body and it magically soaks ups all the dust. I can wipe my Zen VXi clean in 2 minutes! And if you keep your car wax-polished, you will be amazed how easy it is to maintain the shine for over 2 months without having to polish again.

A word of advice: DO NOT ever wash the Jopasu duster or bring it in contact with water.

The duster is treated with a special chemical that helps it to keep its static charge. Washing the duster, or wetting it will render it useless. You just need to shake the duster vigourously to get the dust off it. The duster is good for about 1 year, if used everyday. After that, you just need to replace it with a new one. It sells for about Rs.450/- here in Nagpur.

I have been using this duster since 1 month and find it very much VFM and handy. You can find my post related to this here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1447938-post337.html
Even I was considering the original california duster, but never ordered one due to its high pricing. Jopasu is my daily duster now, I wash my car only once a week, so duster takes care of the other days.

Best result is achieved if you can vigourously shake it away from the car after each wipe (meaning after each run over an area, not end of the cleaning). I clean the glasses first, then roof top, top sides and last the bottom sides shaking the duster atleast 5 or 6 times in between. A Fiesta is wiped clean in 3 mts flat ! Soak it in detergent water and wash atleast once a month, otherwise the absorption power will be low (instruction which is found on the website Jopasu Car Care Products India).

Great, just what I was looking for after having tried so many other things. What we need most of the times is to dust off the fine layer of dust and this looks to be perfect.I will order one right away. Thanks for the nice review.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaks (Post 1508900)
Great, just what I was looking for after having tried so many other things. What we need most of the times is to dust off the fine layer of dust and this looks to be perfect.I will order one right away. Thanks for the nice review.

Same here. I get my car washed daily but most of the times it is just the dust that is there and based on the reviews, this looks to do the job to the T. I have also ordered one and will put in my review soon.

Great. If a duster does the job i.e. dust you r car without scratches and swirl marks what else does one need? Where can i get one and for how much?