Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2009, 22:36   #1
BHPian

Replacement of Fabia Windscreen

Hi,

I bought a Skoda Fabia 1.2L petrol in March 2009. While taking delivery of the car I observed a small etch mark on the windscreen. It was not too deep and might have been caused by some larger sand particles while driving it from the yard to Showroom. I brought it to the notice of the dealer (TAFE Access in Bangalore) who promised that it would be replaced and the same was recorded in the forms to be filled up before taking delivery. I took the car as it was an auspicious day for me. The dealer told me that I can get it replaced when I get the first service done.

The car has covered 9600 kms and am planning to get is serviced soon.

Going by the reputation Skoda dealerships have regarding A.S.S, can people in this forum throw some light on these options:
1. The etch mark is very small and barely on the surface. It has so far not been a deterrent to driving. So live with it.
2. If it is replaced, will the same factory fit with good quality beadings etc be achieved by the REPUTED Skoda service centres?? Is it worth the risk.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...s/confused.gif
Old 30th September 2009, 23:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Even incompetant service centre can fit windscreens well. It is not rocket science.

Just make sure that the smart alecs dont claim it on your insurance...
Old 1st October 2009, 11:02   #3
BHPian

Thanks Abhi J.
They cannot claim it on my insurance as I will have to fill up all the insurance claim forms. In any case will be take care.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks