Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 21:34   #1
BHPian

If I want to change Vista Dashboard to Manza dashboard: A Discussion

As you know, Vista has centrally mounted instrument panel and Manza has drive side instrument panel. Centrally mounted console does not fall to the taste of many Indian customers including me.

And looking at Manza dashboard it feels like it is designed for today's time and has appealing look.

Though having centrally mounted console, I bought Vista considering its other strong points. Now Manza is out and It has redesigned dashboard which I think will fit perfectly in Vista housing. Hence starting discussion for the same where we discuss for cost, advantages, disadvantages, hurdles and problems.

Similarly by lending other parts from Manza we can modify Vista. We will discuss them also.
Old 5th November 2009, 12:50   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ripping off the entire dashboard assembly, and then replacing with one from another car, is going to be a futile exercise. For one, it will cost you big $$$. Second, you would really not be able to source the Manza dashboard just yet. Third, factory fit is factory fit. A poor install could lead to problems (including electrical) and rattles.

I suggest you spend the money in other areas that will make you happier with the Vista. How about nice alloys + tyres? Diesel? How about a petes box? Or a better sound system?
Old 5th November 2009, 13:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Plus one to that. I doubt if it will be a straight fit, even if it is, it is certainly not worth the trouble. Just get used to the centre panel.
Old 5th November 2009, 13:08   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Ripping off the entire dashboard assembly, and then replacing with one from another car, is going to be a futile exercise. For one, it will cost you big $$$. Second, you would really not be able to source the Manza dashboard just yet. Third, factory fit is factory fit. A poor install could lead to problems (including electrical) and rattles.

I suggest you spend the money in other areas that will make you happier with the Vista. How about nice alloys + tyres? Diesel? How about a petes box? Or a better sound system?
+1 to that, your vista will start rattling in all probabilities after u refix the dash
Old 5th November 2009, 13:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

I'd suggest waiting till the current dash is too old/faded/falling to pieces/when you wish you had a different car/something happens to your dash due to the incompetent TASS ( its not as improbable as you think. it happened to me )
Old 5th November 2009, 13:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Maybe you customize your dashboard , get a tachometer, custom guages etc that way the original dash will be intact as well.
Old 5th November 2009, 14:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
How about a petes box? Or a better sound system?
Pete's for Vista? Oh!..may be because its a FIAT engine.

I would definitely buy one if available for Indigo!

Better Sound System: Anyday!!
Old 5th November 2009, 14:21   #8
BHPian

You all are right about the problems the change will produce. It was a wild thought and not going to change it very soon. It will be last thing or last modification that we can think about. And one more big problem I think I will not be able to source the dashboard for another two to three years because after one year launch of Vista we are not able to source some parts for it, like Power window buttons.

Still I am curious to know what will be cost involved in this. I did little bit of study and found that replacing top of dashboard and beige part near steering will make my dashboard like Manza. Of course other things like Instrument panel and related stuff need to be changed.
Old 5th November 2009, 14:35   #9
BHPian

Guessing that this will be a challenging task, if at all you decide to go for, sometime in future. Things to look out for would be the steering mount locations, compatibility of the AC/HVAC blower with the console outside, gaps between firewall and dash if present will make the cabin noisier. Also, you'll have to buy the new instrument cluster, and accommodate the on-board diagnostics. Maybe, you'll change over to a Manza itself, by then

Cheers.
Old 5th November 2009, 14:52   #10
BHPian

I have never understood the fuss over the centrally mounted console. Honestly I don't find it so different or tasteless. In fact I find that to be one of the most striking differentiation between the Vista & all the other hatch backs. Never felt like changing it also even after the Manza was launched.
1 open question Why is it so difficult to accept something radically different when it comes from an Indian manufacturer. I don't recall any one cribbing (not sure over here though) about the centrally mounted dashboard in the X-Trail. Agreed that the SUV didn't do any significant numbers, but then no one seemed to be complaining either. This clearly shows that we all need to grow up...Fast...Really fast...
Old 5th November 2009, 15:28   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
I have never understood the fuss over the centrally mounted console. Honestly I don't find it so different or tasteless. In fact I find that to be one of the most striking differentiation between the Vista & all the other hatch backs. Never felt like changing it also even after the Manza was launched.
1 open question Why is it so difficult to accept something radically different when it comes from an Indian manufacturer. I don't recall any one cribbing (not sure over here though) about the centrally mounted dashboard in the X-Trail. Agreed that the SUV didn't do any significant numbers, but then no one seemed to be complaining either. This clearly shows that we all need to grow up...Fast...Really fast...
+1 even the Spark has a centrally mounted console all i heard about the spark was about the peppy engine, bouncy ride at the back and quality fit and finish but never about the centrally mounted meters..

Infact i love the current dash on the vista. my son loves the illumination at night. also i believe that changing the dash wouldnt be a cut paste job otherwise TASC would have given the options in their showrooms itself.
cheers!

Last edited by schitre05 : 5th November 2009 at 15:30.
Old 5th November 2009, 17:18   #12
BHPian

my gripe about the vista central console is that the tachometer is too small !
Old 5th November 2009, 17:45   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn0l0gist View Post
The meters are small even in the Manza.
Old 5th November 2009, 17:53   #14
BHPian

Small tacho, Big Fuel gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn0l0gist View Post
Vista is a road car, not a sports car that it requires a BIG tachometer. I have never found it to be too small. I also like the fact that I have a digital temperature gauge. I am sure some 1 will point out that also as a bane.
Why is no 1 pointing out that the console has a much bigger fuel gauge than other cars?
Old 13th July 2010, 12:08   #15
BHPian

Any modification to the suspension set up ?

I thought I will post my query here itself. Hope this is the right place. I would like to go in for a Pete's box for my Vista. But more power will also mean that I need better dynamics. The present dynamics is not suited for any better power than what is available now (75bhp). Is there a way I can improve handling ? Suspension mods, perhaps.... Can someone let me know what all can be done. I have no prior experience in modifying cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks