Team-BHP - What replacement engine for FIAT-1100D (premier padmini)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   What replacement engine for FIAT-1100D (premier padmini) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/6877-what-replacement-engine-fiat-1100d-premier-padmini.html)

It is wierd to ask this question at this time since most of us will be interesting in getting an answer on modding a zen with a honda city engine or stuff like that... :)

But I am seriously thinking of replacing my old fiat's petrol engine with a powerful one . What are the possible replacements? Where can I get in Bangalore?

I wonder if an old 118NE engine might do the trick - one of my long term plans include getting hold of an old bug fiat and plonking a 118 engine into it. Want to get hold of a perfectly original model that hasnt been fooled around with it, though. Saw one in Asha Bhosle's bunglow in Panchgani (powder blue, with a BAL regn) but I didnt think they would part with it.

Will do it, someday. Meanwhile let us know how your project progresses.

Well here is what I did with my 1989 Premier Padmini Deluxe

Bought a 1.6 Mazda diesel engine and mated it to the 5 speed Conti gearbox And voila !! I used have a ball smoking esteems, cielos and other cars on the road . That Mazda engine generated awesome torque. Used 175s and 13 inch wheels and gave her a metallic black paint finish

Dippy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy
Bought a 1.6 Mazda diesel engine and mated it to the 5 speed Conti gearbox And voila

:OT What was the torque/BHP for this engine? 1.6 sounds to be of smaller capacity, when talking of diesels. Any more stats?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy
Bought a 1.6 Mazda diesel engine and mated it to the 5 speed Conti gearbox And voila !!

DROOL !
:Shockked:

Must take a ride on that one, mate.

Turbo Contessa engine!!!

The original 1000 cc engine fromt the Gypsy. Cheap, smooth and easy availability of parts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
The original 1000 cc engine fromt the Gypsy. Cheap, smooth and easy availability of parts.

Only doubt? will that fit in that bay pf premier?

Any idea where can I get a Gypsy engine in Bangalore?

Premier bay has space for Gypsy engine. However you need to figure out which gearbox to mate with. Original Gypsy gearbox's front transfer shaft line has to be blocked in this case.

For Isuzu 1.8, you need to extend the front in order to fit the engine and gearbox. Inside wall or fire wall also has to be re-shaped.

Gents

Dont you think the 118NE engine would make sense? It was a jewel of an engine and all it lacked was a 5th gear - it probably came with a 5th gear since it was a Nissan Sunny engine, and PAL being the suckers they were stripped it off.

Try get hold of an old 118NE engine. Its so smooth you'll forget all other options.

Easiest fit would be the 118 NE ... there are a couple of cars in bangalore with that setup including Shabbir's

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho
Easiest fit would be the 118 NE ... there are a couple of cars in bangalore with that setup including Shabbir's

How much a 118NE engine cost?

For 118NE engine, can I use the same gearbox or do I need to get a 118NE gearbox also?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho

Can I get Shabbirs contact no?

If you have a floorshift and would like to save some money use a mating plate else get yourself the gearbox too... they arent too expensive anyway.

I have a Premier Padmini (1976 model) fitted with a Toyota 1.5 Diesel mated to original 4speed gear box. This one gives 18 kmpl :D
Other mods include bucket seats, floor shift , National A/c (awesome cooling clap: )

Total cost of conversion 60K in 1999.

Now the car is used only to ferry kids from school :p

-Chaxy