Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 14:50   #16
BHPian

Rain-X is more effective in light dizzles/rains not thunder showers. Rain-X helps to keep water droplets from sticking to the glass. If its raining cats and dogs no product can help you - you need a good pair of wipers blades.
Old 1st November 2009, 22:36   #17
BHPian

i have used ARMOR-ALL wash 'n'wax. it really helps the water to form beads on the glass and is very effective. thats what i have noticed.
Old 24th November 2009, 16:01   #18
BHPian

Can anyone help me locating a Rain x dealer / store in chennai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed5579 View Post
Rain-X is more effective in light dizzles/rains not thunder showers. Rain-X helps to keep water droplets from sticking to the glass. If its raining cats and dogs no product can help you - you need a good pair of wipers blades.
can u suggest a dealer/store in chennai to buy Rain X products? Appreciate if you could give me the store address

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th November 2009 at 16:43.
Old 24th November 2009, 16:58   #19
BHPian

As i have used both Aquapel Glass Treatment & Rain Repellent and Rain X Rain Repellent System, i can tell that Aquapel is a superior product when compared to Rainx, but it is costly too. One application(1 pack for 1 application) costs as much a bottle of Rain X(comes for an year). When compared, both are nearly the same. The only difference is that Rainx gets worn off every fortnight and needs re-applying during rainy days,on the other hand Aquapel lasts around 6 months with the same usage after a single application. I have tried Maruti's own repellent that they sell , it leaves streaks after applying and is not that good. so stay away from it.

Regarding usage in the rear windscreen, i dont think it will work, because these are just agents to make the glass slippery. They need some external intrevention to help them work, like wipers/wind. When there is rain, on hatchbacks we get more of the tyre spray on the rear windscreen of the car that rain drops. Since tyre spray contains more muck from the road mixed with mud and water it will stick itself to the rear windscreen. On the otherhand in the front windscreen the spray from the front car is handled by wind/wipers which helps it to fall off easily.

Only thing to help you have a clear rear windscreen in hatchbacks is to have a low flexible mudflap, which mostly stops your own rear tyre spray.

Last edited by ksethuram : 24th November 2009 at 17:01.
Old 24th November 2009, 17:04   #20
MCR
BHPian

Cheap remedy when stuck in rain.Learnt this trick from a friend who has a taxi fleet.
Cut the middle part of the banana leaf and apply on the glass and allow to dry. Pretty effective.
Old 24th November 2009, 19:21   #21
BHPian

I suppose these products ought to work with helmet visors too. Anybody tried?
Old 24th November 2009, 19:55   #22
BHPian

use tobacco to get off the water from the glass, But ensure that you clean the glass once the rains are over else you would see a brown haze on your windscreen and it would be terrible to it off. Use this only in an emergency situation where you cant see the road and you have to travel a lot to reach your destination. I had tried this once when i got stuck in a highway and it worked wonders. But i ensured that the glass was soap washed once i reached my destination.
Old 12th October 2012, 22:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rain-X

RainX provides good visibility during mild to moderate rainy condition, the water beads up and rolls off the windshield once you are doing above 50-60 kmph with minimal usage of wipers.
Not sure of the usefulness of this product in India as the traffic is quite slow, hence you will not be able to see rainX working (water beads rolling up the windscreen).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks