Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 20:31   #1
BHPian

getting rid of ohc type 1 tail lights

Hi friends
i own type 1 ohc .I love the car.But i hate the tail lights.What are thae other options to get rid of these ugly lights.Where can i get some other lights.Is there any site from where i can order some other lights for my ohc.
thanx
harry
Old 26th November 2009, 23:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Asian markets like Malaysia, Philippines, etc will have stuff for the OHC type 1. It's known as the Honda City Type Z in those markets. Find stuff for the pre-2000 models, that's the type 1.
Old 27th November 2009, 09:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda3938 View Post
Hi friends
i own type 1 ohc .I love the car.But i hate the tail lights.What are thae other options to get rid of these ugly lights.Where can i get some other lights.Is there any site from where i can order some other lights for my ohc.
thanx
harry

I have seen type ones being fitted with type 2 lights, i think ir requires little fabrication. I have also seen one of our member has changed the entire front of his type one honda city to type 2.

Pramod
Old 27th November 2009, 09:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

The type two crystal lights look good on the OHC. You could consider LEDs too, yet I am not a great fan of LED.
Old 27th November 2009, 13:42   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I have seen type ones being fitted with type 2 lights, i think ir requires little fabrication. I have also seen one of our member has changed the entire front of his type one honda city to type 2.

Pramod
I have no Problem with the front end .But i hate the rear lights.If you have any picture of an type1 ohc fitted with type 2 thancould please posr some pictures.As i think the boot and bumper also be needed to changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
The type two crystal lights look good on the OHC. You could consider LEDs too, yet I am not a great fan of LED.
Where can i get those led lights .If you have any information than please share.

thanx
harry
Old 27th November 2009, 14:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

One of my friend had bought one from Taiwan for his Lancer. Again, I am not too kicked about it. Will find out and let you know if the same is available locally.
Old 27th November 2009, 16:13   #7
BHPian

I am in total opposition of your thoughts on the OHC Type 1's tail lights.

In my opinion the tails lights of the Type 1 are far more sexier than those on the Type 2; it's the Headlights that are too boring!

If you want to change them to type 2, yes, fabrication and change of parts is required. I doubt if there is anything sold "off the shelf" for the OHC lighting department.
Old 27th November 2009, 16:27   #8
BHPian

actually i agree with honda3938.
I prefer the tail lights of the type II, but i prefer the front end of the type I.
But i wouldn't change either.
Old 27th November 2009, 18:22   #9
BHPian

i think the front end of type 1 is nice only smoked headlights and mesh grille make it look cool.but the rear end is too boring with tiny out of place red orange and white lights.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks