Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2005, 17:17   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Cosmetic Mods For Ikon/Accent

Hi Guyz
I have a Ford Ikon 1.3 NXt & my Bro has an Hyundai Accent 1.5 GLS. We want to add Spoilers, Front, Rear Bumper & Side Skirts(whats the correct word? some call them Air Dam's).
We are in Chennai. Can someone help us with the right place to get these body Kits in Chennai? If not in Chennai please telme some place in Bangalore/Coimbatore, where we can get the Kit & then fix them in Chennai.
For the Ikon I would also like to add the 1.6/1.8 Ltr Sporty Bumper. But Showroom guyz shocked me with the Cost-45k for that Bumper+Fog Lamps alone!!! Can anyone suggest a better cheaper option?
I've already posted my Ikon Pic in Team-Bhp here,http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6403

cheers
kishore
Old 14th August 2005, 18:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

About that ikon bumper...another member gr8guzzler has done this upgrade recently...if i remember correctly he bought the bumper from an aftermarket shop and not the showroom. Cost i think was around 6k. Contact him for more information.

Drifter
Old 14th August 2005, 19:14   #3
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

For the Ikon, you could check this topic out : Ikon Mods
Old 16th August 2005, 10:31   #4
BHPian

Hi Kiku....sorry for the late response (i dont know how I missed this thread). As Drifter mentioned, I recently upgraded my ZXI bumper to the NXT/SXi Bumper. The whole job costed me (Bumper + beading + lower grill + painting & installation) costed me around 8K. I had got this from a spares parts dealer in opera house Mumbai. I'm sure you'll find one in Chennai too, probably in an area which is a hub of spare parts dealers. I haven't yet put the fog lamps (which is around 1.8K for a set) and the spoiler (2K) but will be doing that soon. Here's a front end pic of my car after the upgrade...

Hope this helps....

Cheers!!!
Old 16th August 2005, 13:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

We just designed a new bodykit for the Accent, replacement front bumper with grill, rear bumper and addon side skirts. Will post pics within a week or so as soon as the car is complete. Havent touched the ikon as yet....Lets see if u like the idea.

Arush
Old 16th August 2005, 13:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

autopsyche...im waiting to see your new kit for the accent.

Drifter
Old 16th August 2005, 18:59   #7
BHPian

same for me too!!i have an accent crdi,so pics of your modified accent will be highly welcome autopsyche!!
Old 18th August 2005, 22:10   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks guyz

Hey Guyz thanks a lot for ur usefull replies. V12, I checked out the Blue Ikon Pics in the Link U gave. I feel that's a bit flamboyant.

gr8guzzler, Ur Ikon looks gr8 with the New Chin!.I'll check out the Spare Parts hub in Chennai for the Bumper. Great to hear that the Spoilers cost 2k. Will get that first.

autopsyche, is there anyway we could get ur Kits in Chennai/Bangalore? But we have a Budget of just 15k per car(Ikon/Accent).
Old 19th October 2006, 18:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

heres a pic of a moded accents interiors

Old 19th October 2006, 18:34   #10
Senior - BHPian

i am new to this so dont know wether the above link will work?
Old 19th October 2006, 19:11   #11
BHPian

Gr8guzzler, what i want to know is how well does the fresh paint of the bumper match witht he rest of the car?
is there a noticable difference, coz I had some touch up work done on my car (Same colour), and there is a distinct difference between the original paint and the touched up part, although very minor.

I know you've posted a pic, but cant really tell from that
Old 7th November 2006, 22:38   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

HR Alloys For Ikon

After lots of searching..I didn't get the Body Kit for My Ikon...so decided to get Alloy Wheels...and here's the Ikon with HR Alloys

HR Alloy Model: H-253; 13 inch; Rs.15,500 for 5 Wheels; No Warranty
Got it from Lal Enterprises,Lloyyds Road,Chennai - The Dealer is very Friendly.They fitted a sample Alloy Wheel along with the Tyre to check out how it looks on the car even after I told them that I've not confirmed that I will buy the Alloy from them immediatly.

I still am not sure why Hijoin is also sold as HR or if it is a fake.Only confidence I bought is coz all the leading dealers stock HR Alloys.When I asked for a reason they told me that it's for Tax reasons they are in different names.Difficult to buy that reason!

And while choosing Alloys please don't decide based on the Pics u see on the net alone.Those are mostly of bigger Size Alloys.The actual one in a smaller siize may not be that impressive.

And when I started this Thread my Brother had a Accent..now the OHC has replaced it...so the search for Body Kit started and Blueraven(Satya) got me a Standard OHC Body Kit...and Harmon's(Vikram) dad is helping with fixing the Kit..He is a real car enthusiast! I just let him do the talking and listen.The Car should be ready this weekend..will post the pics soon!
Old 7th November 2006, 22:59   #13
BHPian

hey .. if you are looking to do it in coimbatore .. they have the kits for the accent and the ikon .. details about the place called Road Runner on the 9th post in this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...your-city.html .. they do neat work at a very reasonable rate .. give him a call and check it out ..
Old 7th November 2006, 23:09   #14
BHPian

Mate check Mahavir Enterprises at G.P Road, contact Ajith there. They are good with regular mods like spoiler etc and rates are very compatitive. I got my spoiler for Xing for 2k there.
Old 7th November 2006, 23:22   #15
Senior - BHPian

Most Viewed