Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2009, 16:32   #16
BHPian

well whats your budget for the paint?
how cheap is cheap?
as for tires i say go for Yokos on a decent set of 15"s..

Last edited by wildchild4lyfe : 28th December 2009 at 16:34.
Old 28th December 2009, 16:34   #17
BHPian

@wildchild: Arnd 30K, slightly stretchable.
Old 28th December 2009, 16:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
@wildchild: Arnd 30K, slightly stretchable.
30k is a good enough budget, but if you are going to keep the car please get it done at a good place. BTW what color? Do Post some PICS

Pramod
Old 28th December 2009, 16:40   #19
BHPian

30k is a good enough budget..!
pm me and ill give you a few links..
Old 28th December 2009, 16:41   #20
BHPian

@pramod: Yeah i will be keeping the car for 3 years atleast, thats why i need advice on a good paint shop. The car is silver at present, will be getting it change to white, was thinking on black initially but i heard that maintaining blacks is a pain with all swirl marks showing up on the body, also black attracts more heat. Will post pics soon.
Old 28th December 2009, 16:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@pramod: Yeah i will be keeping the car for 3 years atleast, thats why i need advice on a good paint shop. The car is silver at present, will be getting it change to white, was thinking on black initially but i heard that maintaining blacks is a pain with all swirl marks showing up on the body, also black attracts more heat. Will post pics soon.

Silver looks great on lancer, White looks "sarkari" if there is no body kit, this will further depriciate your car. Try getting it painted in Ralliart silver, yours must be symphonic silver, just like mine. OT red looks really Drool.

Pramod
Old 28th December 2009, 16:53   #22
BHPian

white is a very classy colour but then you atleast need good rims with it.i would really prefer a black though..
Old 28th December 2009, 21:57   #23
BHPian

@pramod & Wildchild: Me and my bro both love black, infact we have finalised on 14inch rims to go with it but parents dont like the idea of a black car. Ive checked out some rides on the net and i started liking white, looks elegant and the SFXI kit will complete the picture along with new rubber and wheels.

Update:
At present the car is at a trusted mechanic who says there is absolutely no work on the car apart from changing the fluids, greasing,oils etc etc. And ya the car has done just 40K kms as the owner had other cars and this was just used on weekends and has all service records. Just that the body work needs some attention, rusting is visible on the bonnet and rear doors. Stay tuned for more!
Old 12th January 2010, 20:50   #24
BHPian

Update: Car is completely stripped, all rusted areas addressed/tinkered, Front and rear windshield removed, bumpers removed, side glasses, ORVM's removed etc etc. The car is ready for paint prep. Will be complete in a weeks time from now. Colour : Hip Hop Black.

Have picked up the following
1> SFXI skirts- 3300
2> SFXI Spoiler- 600
3> Tail lamps- 3400 a pair (Depo)
4> Tail lamp side reflecors- 1200 a pair (DEPO)
5> Side Fender Indicators - 200
6> Grille- 900
7> Monograms - 350
8> Mag wheels - 10K for set of 4
9> Rear bumper member- 1200 (Had corroded beyond repair)

Parts which may require replacement. (Need your help on pricing)
1> Door Rubbers
2> Window Garnish
3> Window Channels
4> Door Handles (Exterior)

Will update soon.
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update: Car is completely stripped, all rusted areas addressed/tinkered, Front and rear windshield removed, bumpers removed, side glasses, ORVM's removed etc etc. The car is ready for paint prep. Will be complete in a weeks time from now. Colour : Hip Hop Black.

Have picked up the following
1> SFXI skirts- 3300
2> SFXI Spoiler- 600
3> Tail lamps- 3400 a pair (Depo)
4> Tail lamp side reflecors- 1200 a pair (DEPO)
5> Side Fender Indicators - 200
6> Grille- 900
7> Monograms - 350
9> Rear bumper member- 1200 (Had corroded beyond repair)

Parts which may require replacement. (Need your help on pricing)
1> Door Rubbers
2> Window Garnish
3> Window Channels
4> Door Handles (Exterior)

Will update soon.
Any updates on the workmanship and quality of work done? Please share the garage details here.
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1> SFXI skirts- 3300
2> SFXI Spoiler- 600
6> Grille- 900

Could you please post some pics of these parts alone, maybe before paint.

Pramod
Old 25th January 2010, 21:11   #27
BHPian

@pramod: Sorry for the late reply, somehow overlooked this thread. The skirts will go on the car tommorrow. The spoiler which was reserved for me was given to someone else by the dealer although i paid the full price. The grille is some taiwan make but the quality is good at that price. Will post the pics of the skirts tommorrow.

@heavyfoot: The name of the garage is National garage and is located in Yogi Nagar, Link road, Borivali west. Had got his reference from a guy i bumped into at an accessory shop. His work til now is good, has taken car of all the rusted areas in my car, did some metal work on the floor board and some places on the bonnet and the front members. The only thing that im not happy with is his commitment. He had promised to give me the car in around 22 days by now thats already exceeded by 4 days, Though he was superfast in the first week, the second week the car just stood gathering dust. And ya hes quoted around 28K for the job which is inclusive of opening and reffiting but im Damn sure its gonna exceed to 35K, fingers crossed.

Update: The car has got the first coat of gray primer today, will get the second coat tommorow with the first base coat of Paint. And the colour has now been changed to black. I should get the car on Sunday. The only problem im facing right now is the spares, small nuts bolts, bumper clamps are hard to find, which is actually stalling work.
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Lancer : Help Needed EDIT: Paint job complete-pics-035.jpg  

Mitsubishi Lancer : Help Needed EDIT: Paint job complete-pics-033.jpg  

Mitsubishi Lancer : Help Needed EDIT: Paint job complete-pics-036.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Ripper : 25th January 2010 at 21:21.
Old 26th January 2010, 22:46   #28
BHPian

@pramod: Had to buy the spoiler from another dealer. Got it for Rs.1400 which is 800 bux more than my regular guy. Had to buy it as the painter was pestering me to get it ASAP since he wants to complete the Job by Thursday. Will Post the complete pics by Sunday.
Stay Tuned.
Old 26th January 2010, 22:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@pramod: Had to buy the spoiler from another dealer. Got it for Rs.1400 which is 800 bux more than my regular guy. Had to buy it as the painter was pestering me to get it ASAP since he wants to complete the Job by Thursday. Will Post the complete pics by Sunday.
Stay Tuned.

Those Mag wheels are 14" or 15", I like those, i might need a set can you source one set for me?

Pramod
Old 26th January 2010, 23:21   #30
BHPian

@pramod: Those are 14inch wheels. Can source the wheels but i have a doubt whether the same design will be available, as i had picked up the last set available with him, I clearly remember him mentioning that there are some new designs he's awaiting. Will have to check up with him. Ill let you know once i get in touch with him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks