Old 26th December 2009, 22:58   #31
BHPian

Can you post a pic of the headers?
Old 26th December 2009, 23:52   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Can you post a pic of the headers?
My Headers are stock , you still want the pics .
Old 25th March 2011, 22:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

Re: FFE problems and solutions

hello,

I am forced to eat my words from my previous posts on this very thread.

I had a recent "encounter" with cops on a bike who stopped me for having a loud exhaust.I have a Automech which is 4 years old.The Cops mentioned a fine for 500 bucks but i could make out they only stopped me to make some extra bucks.

We settled for 200 bucks no receipt but i knew i could have settled for 100 but that is not what i am posting this for.

The cops after taking my hard earned money suggested that i remove the tip of the exhaust which is the cause of the problem.What i want to know how can i reduce the overall sound but still retain the roar of the exhaust when the pedal is mashed to the floor.Also any suggestions how i can hide or camoflage the tip of the exhaust because i simply do not want to do away with exhaust tip as i love the sight of that damn thing.

Can i still have the sound effect although at higher RPM's if i were to
remove the tip of the exhaust and fit a smaller stock one if i am forced to do so.It will really kill me to see the tip gone and this has happened 1st time in 4 years.Feeling lousy for being made a bakra by the cops.

So guys please guide me.
thanks
Old 15th May 2011, 06:29   #34
BHPian

Gurus,
Have an santro zip plus 2001, done 69k.
Wanted a "good sounding car".Dont mind a competitively priced full set (say 10k).Went to automech dealer -motor image? in chennai.The guy does not have any stock and said will revert but no sign of the guy.
Pls advice is there any alternate option to get a RACE CAR SOUNDING effect on my santro in chennai?

cheers
Old 23rd June 2014, 21:00   #35
BHPian

I've got a problem recently with my FFE -- it vibrates like hell at around 1800RPM.

Everything is fine and good at every other RPM, but the moment I hit 1800 while accelerating or braking, the I can hear a lot of rattle fein under the car.

Any idea what could be the cause of this peculiar problem?
Old 25th June 2014, 21:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

Maybe some part is resonating when the engine rpm is at 1800. The vibrations of the engine at that frequency might be inducing a part of the FFE to vibrate in sync with it
Old 25th June 2014, 22:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
I've got a problem recently with my FFE -- it vibrates like hell at around 1800RPM.

Everything is fine and good at every other RPM, but the moment I hit 1800 while accelerating or braking, the I can hear a lot of rattle fein under the car.

Check all the clamps and clamp welds on the exhaust pipe to were it is attached to the underbody. If it is a rattle, it is most probably a broken clamp or loose joint.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 09:56   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post

Is it a multipiece header with bolted joints?
I had a similar issue in my Swift and the cause turned out to be the usage of wrong (shorter) spring used by the garage in the spring bolts. The garage couldn't get the right springs in there and tight the joints so they used shorter springs. It was fine for couple of weeks then the vibrations started. Replaced with the right spring and the problem was solved never to return.

First check whether all exhaust hangers are fine and not torn or slipped out etc, then check all bolts for proper tightness and if the problem persists check for any cracks in the welds.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks