Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2010, 16:57   #1
GRV
BHPian

Installing Reverse camera in Grand Vitara

Hi

I wanted a revrse camera installed in mt Grand Vitara (2007). yesterday visited Karol bagh / Lajpat nagar to see options availbale

In Lajpat nagar shops were selling RD (indian brand made in sidcul) brand camera with 5% to 10% discount on MRP (i.e. around 5500 to 7500 INR), wherer as in karol bagh it was other delhi made brand at similat price level

Any suggestions for brand name will be very useful.

In karol bagh the mechanic told me that there can not be a proper installation of camera due to presence of spare wheel on the tail gate. Not sure if this is the case. has anyone got a reverse view camera or parking sensor installed in grand vitara or any othe rcar with spare wheeel on the tail gate ?

Thanks

GRV
Old 3rd January 2010, 21:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

I have a rear view camera installed in my CRV, and it works brilliantly.

Pics here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post1662526

However, this camera was specifically made for the CRV, and required no drilling/mods to the car. It also give the perfect angle/field of vision while reversing. I would suggest you try and source a camera specifically for the Grand Vitara, if possible.

Also, reversing sensors are installed on the bumper, so their installation should not be an issue.
Old 13th January 2010, 20:32   #3
GRV
BHPian

Dear Abhi

Thanks for your reply. I will RE-check if sensors can be fitted as my budget is below 5000/- only.

GRV
Old 14th January 2010, 02:30   #4
BHPian

Have RD sensors and they have been serving me well. Good customer service too.
Old 14th January 2010, 03:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

There are some available here in the US, costing anywhere from $70 to over $400.
VR3 VRBCS300W Wireless Back-up Camera Car System with 2.5-inch Color LCD Monitor, 2.4 GHz Wireless System, Camera with 110° horizontal and 80° vertical viewing angle, For use with 12 volt DC electrical systems, Great for cars, SUVs, RVs and delivery

If you have sources here, it might be worth considering this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks