Team-BHP - Hiker Roof top carrier for the scorpio
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Hiker Roof top carrier for the scorpio (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/73058-hiker-roof-top-carrier-scorpio-2.html)

Anyone know what weight the OEM side rails that come factory fitted on the Scorpio is rated for? For carriers that are attached to the OEM side rails the maximum weight will be limited by the capacity of rails or the carrier, which ever is lower.

Hiker Roof top carrier for the scorpio-09012010048.jpg

Hiker Roof top carrier for the scorpio-09012010049.jpg

Here are some pictures.
I've dismantled it and will use it only when the car is packed. It is very easy to remove but will need at least 2 people to remove and mount (align) because of the height of the vehicle.
This particular carrier from Hiker can only be mounted if you have ski rails.

Wow triedeverything, that looks quite nicely blended with your Scorp!
Since I do not have side rails in my Scorp, I am unable to go ahead on this, as the "direct mounting on rain channel" types that I have seen lack aesthetic appeal. I am trying to look around for something good, though.
Congrats on your buy!

@tet:

That is a very sleek carrier. I prefer an expedition style one so I am planning to go in for this Ajanta model. They have a version that attaches to the side rails too.

Ajanta

Hey thanks 4x4addict for the link! Hope I get this in Bangalore too, at my budget of around 5k.

@mooza:

They will definitely have an agent in the Bangalore. Call the mobile number listed on the Ajanta website and they will give you the contact for the Bangalore agent. This is how I found the agent in chennai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by triedeverything (Post 1680871)
Attachment 264706

Attachment 264707

Here are some pictures.
I've dismantled it and will use it only when the car is packed. It is very easy to remove but will need at least 2 people to remove and mount (align) because of the height of the vehicle.
This particular carrier from Hiker can only be mounted if you have ski rails.

Great! So when can I borrow it? Need it to transport some stuff :D

@mooza:

If you like the Hiker one, I am sure they will have a version that can attach to the rain channel as well. Generally all models have the same carrier but the mounting cross beam is different depending on if you want to attach to the side rails or rain channel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 1682977)
Great! So when can I borrow it? Need it to transport some stuff

OT: Groceries on top!?.
I hope You arent planning to do that! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa (Post 1683293)
OT: Groceries on top!?.
I hope You arent planning to do that! :D

Nah, groceries are important - they always go INSIDE the car. This is for the people who come along as baggage :D

Where's triedeverything...man, ask to borrow something and people just disappear!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 1682977)
Great! So when can I borrow it? Need it to transport some stuff :D

As long as it is not dead bodies or stuff like that... I don't mind....lol! Thanks people for the compliments. :)

Ajanta has just launched a nice Roof Rack that looks like the OEM Ford Endeavour type. I am planning to get this for my Scorp. Some Pics attached.

Based out of Noida, i am looking for some shop or a fabricator who can help me make a roof rack based on the Yakima or Thule roof baskets for my Bolero.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooza (Post 1673609)
My Scorpio too does not
...if known to anyone, would really help.

Not a good idea, the edges of the carrier help to securely hold baggage in place and not let it move around, as then the handles of the bag/suitacse becomes the weak link.
Try it once and you dont want the bag skidding on your roof... Not a good idea, I think.

What would be the overall height increase after installing a rooftop carrier (say Hiker). Why I am asking this is there is a height limitation in the parking slot (81 inches /206cms, ie 3 inches extra over the Scorpio height)