Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2005, 19:24   #1
BHPian

MSD Spark Plug Wires & Ignition coil

I have just installed NGK Iridium spark Plugs on my zen, wanted to know if i install 8mm MSD Spark Plug Wires & Ignition coil, what will the changes be in the performance & FE.
Old 12th September 2005, 19:48   #2
BANNED

in a stock car very little noticeable difference. did u find a diif in any way with the plugs. call me if interested as I have the same available.

Viper 9821421948
Old 12th September 2005, 22:26   #3

Msd

You can get in touch with Mr. ANANT of N1 Racing. His cell no. is 9821221791. You can mail him at corporate@n1engineering.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajalphonso
I have just installed NGK Iridium spark Plugs on my zen, wanted to know if i install 8mm MSD Spark Plug Wires & Ignition coil, what will the changes be in the performance & FE.
Old 12th September 2005, 22:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Unless you give some more air and fuel for the high performance plugs n assembly to burn, there isnt any use of 'em...Give 'em some rich mixture to turn into smoke, with free flows then you will feel some debatable difference...You can also try some high power racing coils custom made for your car...
Old 13th September 2005, 11:47   #5
BHPian

hey buddy...we spoke the other day...i can arrange for the msd ignition cable's and the ignition coil aswell..so if you do need anything related to performance parts...do let me know...cheers...happy revvin...!!
Old 13th September 2005, 12:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

If you use a stronger coil(higher voltage output) on a normal car with a good timing setting you can defn increase the torque of the car on lower revs and it would also lead to better burning of the fuel and lower emmisions. Have used the OE ignition setup for way more than just normal driving and it holds well enough. The replacement wires are also good as they tend to outlast the OE wires and give you a consistent spark.

However looking at visible benefits I really dont think you would notice them excepting for the emmisions part of it, and the costs usually outweigh the benefits. (However would defn suggest for a race setup)
Old 14th September 2005, 10:16   #7
BHPian

can u mate a cable onto a irridium/pt spark plug??.... how much do these cables cost and whats the procedure?
Old 14th September 2005, 10:20   #8
BHPian

splitfire 8mm cable with dual point cost rs.3500 in mumbai.... platinium plugs are for ngk-125,splitfire-450,splitfire splitfiretriplespark-625 theses prices mentioned are prices for single plug...
sparco

Last edited by sparco : 14th September 2005 at 10:22.
Old 15th December 2005, 23:09   #9
BHPian

Whats the Difference between, Spitfire & MSD wires Also Do i have to change the ignition coil?
Old 15th December 2005, 23:30   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Whats the Difference between, Spitfire & MSD wires Also Do i have to change the ignition coil?
Hi,

They both use different products and technologies. I personally feel MSD is a better product than Spitfire and is also more popular the world over. You don't have to change anything. It all depends on what you want though as a package it is better.

Viper
Old 16th December 2005, 04:23   #11
BHPian

hey i have a 2004 zen with a k&n replacement filter so would going in for platinum sparks and wiring give a noticible change in power or should i go for a free flow first!!?? also how much would whole set cost ( 4plugs , 8mm wiring , ignition coil) ??
Old 16th December 2005, 09:12   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed0mania
hey i have a 2004 zen with a k&n replacement filter so would going in for platinum sparks and wiring give a noticible change in power or should i go for a free flow first!!?? also how much would whole set cost ( 4plugs , 8mm wiring , ignition coil) ??
Hi,

Have sent you a pm.

Viper

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks