Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 23:38   #1
BHPian

Best & most cost-effective minor denting/touchup job

Hi,

Looking for some advice on what to do. I scratched my new Logan (Fiery Black). In fact it's bit more than a scratch... a rather deeply indented dent but thin, narrow one... say half inch by 2 inches, just above the front tyre. Also some scratch marks and some slight surface plastic peel-off on a small part of front fender. Actually, the scratch is not at all obvious, unless one looks closely, but the metal beneath is exposed. And definitely don't plan to leave it as-is.

My rough estimate based on another friends' Logan's body-repair costs, is that if the metal panel (the one just over the wheels) is changed, it'd cost me atleast 8-10K at the dealer's authorized workshop. Is there a cheaper alternative ?? How reliable are they, and what are the pitfalls to be aware of.

Thanks in advance to all fellow petrol-heads for their advice.

cheers,
BD
Old 6th February 2010, 00:34   #2
BHPian

I did not face exactly the same problem as yours, but you may be interested to know:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...er-bender.html
Old 6th February 2010, 00:58   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdutta View Post
a rather deeply indented dent but thin, narrow one... say half inch by 2 inches, just above the front tyre. Also some scratch marks and some slight surface plastic peel-off on a small part of front fender. Actually, the scratch is not at all obvious, unless one looks closely, but the metal beneath is exposed. And definitely don't plan to leave it as-is.
Kindly find an annotated picture of the scratch attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Best & most cost-effective minor denting/touchup job-04022010.jpg  

Old 6th February 2010, 01:04   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
I did not face exactly the same problem as yours, but you may be interested to know:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...er-bender.html
Thanks for the link Aditya. I think your road-side jugadoo hammer+stone guy did an awsome job for the price. My car is less than a month old, so I'd probably avoid it. But very encouraging and practical idea never the less.
Old 6th February 2010, 01:44   #5
BHPian

^ IMO, you don't need to replace the fender. Go to the ASC and they will tinker it for you to perfection. Shouldn't cost you more than 5 to 6k, for the bumper and the fender.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks