Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2005, 15:56   #1
BANNED

Light query

Could someone tell me if these lights would be worth fitting on my Lancer? I'm not looking for something flashy, but I want lights that are seriously brighter than the OE ones

http://cgi.ebay.in/Imported-White-Li...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 13th September 2005, 18:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

Dude I can bet it isnt a german product!!! Im sure its some taiwan/malaysia product selling under german banner. Ive not seen tha stuf but Im sure they will fit in your car,,,but donno if they would last as long as you want them to...
Old 13th September 2005, 18:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

I would seriously advise you to go in for brandwed white light. I had bought once white light for my city and i had to return on the same day. On the cover it was written for show car. So if you want to get white light, get philips. They maybe a bit costlier at Rs. 750 but they are really good!!

Read this, Rtech has given a beautiful review on the lights!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...0&page=2&pp=15
Old 13th September 2005, 21:26   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

yup go in for the philips range of headlights..they have two versions:
1. crystal vision costing 1000+VAT..these are the super white ones..more more info read rtech review..these come with pilot lights too..
2. diamond vision costing 1050+VAT..these are blue in colour and nearly give that xenon kinda look..these are without the pilot lights and u got to buy aftermarket pilot lights as philips dont make them in diamond vision..hope that helps..me too going for the diamond visions but waiting for the stock to arrive from bombay to bangalore..maybe 2moro it will be available.so il post the details once i procure them..both these are suppossed to give 50% more light atleast thats what the company says..
Old 14th September 2005, 11:26   #5
BANNED

Are there any other options? From Rtech's review, I gather the Philips aren't worth it, cause they dont have much of a spread, and don't give 30% more light.

I don't want a flash car. I just want really good lights, even if they're yellow, it doesn't matter.

Would 100/130 yellow bulbs with wiring and relay do the job?

Last edited by Boom Shiva : 14th September 2005 at 11:44.
Old 14th September 2005, 11:54   #6
Team-BHP Support

From what I've read on other sites, and if you want to stick with the OE wattage, go for either the VisionPlus or Osram Silver Star. I believe Ajmat has the Osram's on his Vtec. PIAA makes some great bulbs as well, but cost a lot more and would probably be impossible to find here.

Check out http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/ for more options.
Old 14th September 2005, 12:11   #7
BANNED

I don't mind changing the wattage, but I want bright, effective lights for city and highway use. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the link
Old 14th September 2005, 13:08   #8
Team-BHP Support

well then just go for 100/90W bulbs, change your relay (and maybe the wiring from the relay to the bulbs if needed). They are illegal though, and PLEASE don't go about flashing people with them, it's bloody irritating.
Old 14th September 2005, 13:16   #9
BANNED

Don't worry...I never flash first.
Old 15th September 2005, 10:54   #10
Senior - BHPian

yeah 90% of the people in abad use upper in city limits. It really irritating and bad.
Old 16th September 2005, 01:44   #11
BHPian

My "Pre-owned" Esteem came with 90W/100W "Rally" bulbs wired through relays. They were pretty good in dry conditions, but in the rains, when the road is pitch black, visibility was not that great.A local mechanic later removed the metal reflectors / shields that sit in front of the bulb, inside the headlight assembly... that improved the lighting by at least 25%! (But I think this is illegal and may irritate other drivers on the road) On low beam, my lights do not hurt the eyes of drivers from oncoming vehicles... but on high beam they do. I mostly drive on low beam and use the high beam only when neccessary, dipping my beam when there are vehicles approaching from the opp. direction or when I'm close behind another vehicle... as far as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
yeah 90% of the people in abad use upper in city limits. It really irritating and bad.
Same here in Pune... and, it has a cascading effect... when all the other vehicles on the road are blasting you with their 1000W halogens on high beam, some via the RVM, some via the wing mirrors and the worst, from straight ahead, one has no choice but to use the high beam, just to see the road (read "potholes") ahead!

Using the "Night" mode on the RVM does help a bit, but what do you do about the wing mirrors and the cars coming from the opposite direction? My right wrist gets more of a workout than my right foot, flashing "dip-your-beam" signals to oncoming vehicles, and even then hardly 25% comply... So, I am left with "Oh yeah? Well take this! (from my modest 100W Rally Halogens)"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Don't worry...I never flash first.
Now, now, boys... let's not be naughty!

- T u r b o C -

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks