Team-BHP - Fiat branded remote autocop central locking and parking sensor
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Fiat branded remote autocop central locking and parking sensor (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/75113-fiat-branded-remote-autocop-central-locking-parking-sensor-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun1100 (Post 1855196)
ms001: In which showroom is the merchandise like key chains available? Prerana Lalbagh road did not have recently.

no idea , you can try KHT motors

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkapoor777 (Post 1855464)
Hi Sid, IIRC geeash here quoted 10.5k for a single alloy wheel for Linea (I think he bought it at that price). Is it that Urmil has some wheels left over from someone who bought an E-pack and changed over to some aftermarket ones?

I will be interested coz I recently had one of my Punto's alloys bent (repaired now) and wouldn't mind paying 4-5k for one?

Do let me know too if you come across a used Punto Alloy in Bangalore.. Mine too bend, running fine though.

The concorde in prabhadevi,Mumbai had informed the the sensors are only available in black. Im interested in having body coloured ones for our Flamenco red Linea. More interested in the FIAT branded ones as I dont wanna do anything that might void my warranty. Any update on this Sid??

Quote:

Originally Posted by MihirC (Post 1953331)
The concorde in prabhadevi,Mumbai had informed the the sensors are only available in black. Im interested in having body coloured ones for our Flamenco red Linea. More interested in the FIAT branded ones as I dont wanna do anything that might void my warranty. Any update on this Sid??

I had RD ones installed on my Innova and the dealer itself painted it to match body colour.
So you can ask the FIAT dealer if it can be painted on. Rather as its Autocop brand, directly call them up and ask whether painting causes a problem in detection.
Alternatively you can get RD ones from outside and the dealer can get it fixed for you, but just confirm beforehand.
The Xenos guys however told that those cannot be painted on.

Hi,

I am planning to get parking sensor installed on my Innova. Any suggestions for shops in bangalore for installation ?

Thanks

@smollyn: I think some versions of the Innova has these as standard. So the dealer should be able to help you. Aftermarker units are far cheaper (someone stated Rs.5000 or so) but the reliability and degree of integration may be doubtful. If you go for the OE stuff then it will properly integrate into the loom, etc, with no wire cutting.

At one time Hyundai Cobra remotes were made by Autocop (I do not know the current status). So nothing strange here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smollyn (Post 1978392)
Hi,

I am planning to get parking sensor installed on my Innova. Any suggestions for shops in bangalore for installation ?

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 1978484)
@smollyn: I think some versions of the Innova has these as standard. So the dealer should be able to help you. Aftermarker units are far cheaper (someone stated Rs.5000 or so) but the reliability and degree of integration may be doubtful. If you go for the OE stuff then it will properly integrate into the loom, etc, with no wire cutting.

At one time Hyundai Cobra remotes were made by Autocop (I do not know the current status). So nothing strange here.

I too agree with Sgiitk. I always prefer going the OE way for any extra fitments in my vehicles. Also, if you stay in a small town like me, you will realise that the aftermarket dealers are always trying to fleece their customers. Case in point, I wanted to get reverse sensors installed on my wife's i20. The dealership quoted 3700/- for the OE ones. Aftermarket dealers quoted Rs. 6000/- for the same sensors and I verified the same by actually taking a look at the actual box at both places. :Shockked:

Also, when we get these done through the dealership, we are sure that the warranty will not be void. We can never be sure of this if we go the aftermarket way.

For whatever it is worth, I can confirm that the OE Innova rear parking sensors work like a dream. I was initially very sceptical as there were only two sensors compared to 6 or so in some other brands but after using them for nearly an year, all such worries have been put to rest.
they can sense small trees, grass shoots, kids, dogs, large stones and what not...peace

Thank you Sgiitk, SumitB and Buffetfan for your responses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhilesh (Post 1723362)
Now what on earth is the logic for this. I just confirmed from 2 fiat dealers (automobile setling & techno auto) both confirmed that central locking is not for punto's active model but for dynamic.:Frustrati

Good news guys !! all the punto active owners can cheer, its confirmed that fiat is going to launch central locking, specially developed for Active versions. :Cheering:
I have been following it up with Fiat for quite some time and finally it will be available in the dealerships within a week or so.
not so good news is that it will cost around 9522/- because they need to do changes in latch and then fit the remote locking system...
I just could not stop myself to give this news to all desperate punto active owners.. its really frustrating to drive without it , specially if you are with your friends and family.

Has anyone installed the FIAT parking sensor?
I am considering it for my Linea.
How does its features compare w.r.t RD/Xenos/Redsoul sensors?
Does installing RD/xenos sensors outside void warranty?

Guys, I am reviving an old thread as I seriously need some advice. I took delivery of my Punto Active MJD on April 30. Prior to delivery I had ordered the central locking accessory to be installed in my car at the time of delivery. Now it is close to 5 months and the CL accessory is yet to arrive. I have had many arguments with the dealer and even escalated the matter with Fiat India, but the illusive central locking is yet to meet my car. On top of that the dealer tells me that if I got it fitted from the aftermarket, my car's warranty would be void. On another occasion, I was told that there is no trained personnel in the dealership who can install the same on a Punto Active. The accessories guy even had the audacity to tell me that my car's ignition system could be screwed up if the CL was installed, so why take a chance? I am totally mad about the issue - neither does the dealer manage to source it from fiat India, nor am I allowed to get it installed from outside due to warranty issues. 5 months is a long time and I am running out of patience. I can see this accessory being listed in the Fiat India website along with its part number so why cant the dealer source and install it for me?:Frustrati

A question to all those who have got aftermarket CLs installed - is everything running smoothly post installation? and what about warranty issues?

Also suggestions solicited please:

Hi All,

My friend owns a punto and wants to fix a central locking for his car.he needs advice from you experts on which brand to go for.

please give the brand name and the approximate cost of the units.

Guys, I have been struggling to get the OEM CL for my GP Active MJD since the past 5 months. I have registered complaints on the helpline number, sent many mails to Fiat India, had many arguments with the dealer, but still not able to get it for my car. On top of that the dealer tells me that there are no trained personnel in the dealership to install CL on a Punto Active and if installed might screw up the ignition system. Fiat India replies to my mails saying that they are awaiting road permits to despatch the CL for me (whatever that means!). Fiat India has still not answered my query as to who would install the CL on my car as the dealer says that it doesn't have trained personnel to install the same on my Punto. If I had known these issues prior to making the purchase, I would have never gone for the punto. What baffles me is that if the product is listed as an accessory on the Fiat India website why is the dealer not being able to source it for me and why is Fiat India not being able to solve a rather simple problem for me?:Frustrati It's been five months and I dont see a solution coming in the next 5 months.

Advice solicited.

Why cant we do it DIY , get the precise manual from manufacturer and try it every week end. I am sure within a month we should be able to do it rather than waiting for 5 months.