Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2010, 21:45   #1
BHPian

Modifying my U-VA

Mods/Senior BHPians/Friends,

I am seriously thinking of modifying my U-VA. It is close to 2 yrs and has done 28k. Am planning to go for the Phase I mod on the engine. Few queries:

1. Since GM has this 3 yr warranty, should I go for the mod?
2. How much performance difference will Phase I make. U-VA has 77 BHP. Will it go up anywhere between 87-90 BHP?
3. What should be the ideal cost that I should spend for the Phase I mod? I called up n1Engineering and they quoted 19 k for the Intake, Exhaust, Plugs, Wiring. Is that the right price or is n1 charging more?
4. Best place in Mumbai from where should I get the work done.

Mods: There are various threads on modifying your car, however did not find a single one being done on the U-VA. Hence starting a new post.

Gaurav
Old 25th February 2010, 23:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Check this out! - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...king-mods.html
Old 25th February 2010, 23:56   #3
Team-BHP Support

plugs and wiring wont make a difference.

id say max 12-13k for the exhaust + conical air filter including fitting and the custom pipe etc.

i think with the exhaust + intake you can look at a gain of 3-4bhp max if done correctly.

if you really do want more power the easiest way would be to get a standalone or a remap. you would be able to get about a 15% power gain at least.
Old 26th February 2010, 00:05   #4
BHPian

Modifying my U-VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
plugs and wiring wont make a difference.

id say max 12-13k for the exhaust + conical air filter including fitting and the custom pipe etc.

i think with the exhaust + intake you can look at a gain of 3-4bhp max if done correctly.

if you really do want more power the easiest way would be to get a standalone or a remap. you would be able to get about a 15% power gain at least.

Where's the best place in Mumbai to get the Exhaust work and also the remap work done.
Old 26th February 2010, 00:26   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Where's the best place in Mumbai to get the Exhaust work and also the remap work done.
in mumbai there are 2 good people who i know of. one is automech, the other one is viper's person, afzal bhai. the prices i said would be offered by viper i think. also there are enough people on the forum running his persons exhaust (including me) and they are mostly happy reviews besides one of a person who wasnt from bombay. but since your in bombay it should be a problem.

for remaps, there are a few people but the 2 that come to my mind are racedynamics, from bangalore and Zakie of tuned i-chips. i myself have seen zakie remap a car and he does seem to know his stuff.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks