Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 21:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Scotchlite (reflective tape for safety) - where can I buy?

I ride quite often to office on my bike and have invested in a good helmet, protective gloves and a Fieldsheer riding jacket with good protection. I also go on long rides and avoid night riding as much as possible. But have recently had to ride back from work at night and I have noticed that the reflective stripes on my jacket are not good enough at all! I bought some "local" reflective material (ribbon) and affixed it on the back of my jacket but it is not good enough at all. I can barely see a reflection when I try even with an LED torchlight.

I have read on the 3M US site that the scotchlite is available for just this purpose and is even sold in strips or "ribbons". I am unable to find this on the Indian 3M site or for sale anywhere else.

Anyone know where I can lay my hands on some Scotchlite?
Old 25th March 2010, 22:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Bumping - anyone any ideas in this regard?
Old 26th March 2010, 13:15   #3
BHPian

Hey you can try the toy shop/where children go to buy stuff for their summer project. Ask for reflective tape or paint.

May be this will help you.
Old 26th March 2010, 13:29   #4
BHPian

Have you tried fluroscent tape. I think they will be visible at night as well as daytime. Scotchlite I think you will find with people dealing with fire and safety devices.

Last edited by Chipz : 26th March 2010 at 13:31.
Old 29th March 2010, 09:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhi_des View Post
Hey you can try the toy shop/where children go to buy stuff for their summer project. Ask for reflective tape or paint.

May be this will help you.
Thanks, but I have actually tried this. Have even bought and used the tape that you get in the automobile shops - slightly reflective. But not good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
Have you tried fluroscent tape. I think they will be visible at night as well as daytime. Scotchlite I think you will find with people dealing with fire and safety devices.
Have not tried flouroscent tape - is that what I have bought already? Hehe, I have even been thinking of asking one of these toll-booth guys to sell me his reflective jacket - I can strip the lining from it!

Hmm, maybe this is a good idea - anyone with any ideas where I can get these kinda jackets?
Old 29th March 2010, 11:14   #6
BHPian

you get them on SP Road. There are plenty of shops selling these things and are located well after all the computer shops.

Prajwal
Old 4th May 2010, 20:58   #7
BHPian

you should look for reflective vinyl.

Reflective Vinyl Film - India

neighborhood number plate guy might have it.
Old 4th May 2010, 21:25   #8
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the heads-up guys! Still to check out at SP road. Will try the reflective vinyl also..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks