Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 19:18   #1
BHPian

Audi A4 Mods - Delhi- Where from?

Hi Guys

Looking to get some upgrades on a new White A4 - the following are what I have in mind so far and was looking for a reliable source in NCR experienced with work on these cars.

Mods planned:

1. ECU Upgrade - I was looking for an APR dealer - no luck. Alternatives suggested?

2. Rear View camera - Car is pre-installed with the sensor, but the camera would help.

3. Xenon Fog lights - To match the headlights - White & Yellow light just don't go together!

4. Sunfilm - HuperOptik or 3M - Haven't decided if I should go ahead with this or not but it would be great if all above could be taken care of at the same company.

Appreciate any and all info!
Thanks!
Old 12th April 2010, 22:06   #2
Team-BHP Support

for the remap speak to peter from petes, he does custom code remaps. along with the remap you should go for an intake kit from carbonio.

search around on the net. im sure youll find some way of using the rear view camera on your mmi screen.

i wouldnt touch the electricals on an audi. leave them yellow IMO.

why not look at vkool? 3m and llumar are also good.
Old 12th April 2010, 22:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

For everything except ECU upgrade, I think the best choice for you will be the Big Daddy in Delhi's Car Accessories market, Auto Marc in Defence Colony. Auto Marc isn't new to luxury cars hence, do pay him a visit.
Old 13th April 2010, 06:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

yes, go to Auto Marc.. they does a neat job. (I see many new bemmers coming there for refits)
Old 13th April 2010, 15:34   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
1. ECU Upgrade - I was looking for an APR dealer - no luck. Alternatives suggested?
Petes. He's got a strong product line for the VW family of cars. Remap should be quick & easy.

Quote:
2. Rear View camera - Car is pre-installed with the sensor, but the camera would help.

3. Xenon Fog lights - To match the headlights - White & Yellow light just don't go together!
Dealer installation ONLY please.

Quote:
4. Sunfilm - HuperOptik or 3M - Haven't decided if I should go ahead with this or not but it would be great if all above could be taken care of at the same company.
3M or VKool. Visit any of their authorised centers.
Old 13th April 2010, 20:19   #6
BHPian

Pete's? Whoops - Forgot to mention its a Petrol! The 2.0 TFSI is crazy in Sports mode but there is enough low end lag for me to consider something which will act as a booster and kinda balance out the low end. I'm a noob with this stuff...just basing this on what I read somewhere..

Camera/Xenon - Dealer says no can do - i fail to understand why. I've even told him to get factory parts but he says the Warranty is only for what is factory fitted and gets voided if changed (even if by the dealer). I call Bull on that! Will be speaking to the dealership GM tomorrow.

Got a quote of 28k for VKool Diamond (V40 I think), they will provide RTO ok certificate. There is additional option of front clear film for 11k - Is this too much or about right?
Old 13th April 2010, 20:27   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Pete's? Whoops - Forgot to mention its a Petrol! The 2.0 TFSI is crazy in Sports mode but there is enough low end lag for me to consider something which will act as a booster and kinda balance out the low end. I'm a noob with this stuff...just basing this on what I read somewhere..
we are fully aware that the 2.0tfsi is a petrol. pete's dosent only do tuning boxes. they do remaps too, from customcode UK. i think the 2.0tfsi that you have is the 200bhp version? the stage one remap will take it to between 240 and 250bhp.

Camera/Xenon - Dealer says no can do - i fail to understand why. I've even told him to get factory parts but he says the Warranty is only for what is factory fitted and gets voided if changed (even if by the dealer). I call Bull on that! Will be speaking to the dealership GM tomorrow.
if its installed by them i see no reason why the warranty should be void.

Got a quote of 28k for VKool Diamond (V40 I think), they will provide RTO ok certificate. There is additional option of front clear film for 11k - Is this too much or about right?
i think vkool diamond is the top of the line film with 90% odd heat rejection. the prices seem about right.
replies above in bold.
Old 13th April 2010, 20:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The petrol 2.0 TSFI is a bomb any which way. STAY AWAY from remaps & upgrades of lights etc. Any mods & your warranty goes for a six, do you want to take that chance ?? I would think not. Maybe you can sneak in a bulb upgrade in the same Kevin (light colour) as OE

Film is the only thing you can get done outside of the dealership & will not void warranty.

Let the warranty get over & then you can play with it to your heart's content

The car in OE form is quite a stonker, so why go on a trick trail ?

Enjoy your new car !!!!

Cheers
Old 13th April 2010, 20:58   #9
BHPian

Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph

we are fully aware that the 2.0tfsi is a petrol. > I actually didn't mention which variant it was in my initial post - I'm sure you know the 2.0tfsi is a petrol! LoL!

pete's dosent only do tuning boxes. they do remaps too, from customcode UK. i think the 2.0tfsi that you have is the 200bhp version? the stage one remap will take it to between 240 and 250bhp.
> I drove a 2.0 TFSI with Stage 1 APR remap in LA - It was incredibly spirited, clocked 60mph around 7/8 seconds! The remap should bring it up by 35-50 bhp depending on the fuel used. Will be in touch with Petey after I hit the 2K mark!

if its installed by them i see no reason why the warranty should be void.> Yeah, I know - Will be talking to them tomorrow.

i think vkool diamond is the top of the line film with 90% odd heat rejection. the prices seem about right.> Umm..Its around 65% heat rejection I think. Will get the details from the guy tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks