Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 14:56   #1
BHPian

Duplicate Key needed for My Fiesta TDCI ZXI 2006 Model

Hi Gurus,

I've recently acquired a Ford Fiesta TDCI ZXI (2006) model. At the time of purchase, owner handed over the two keys of the car. I never see any Ford keys before hence I did not ask anything about it. But as per the manual, it seems there is one key with Remote function and the one with normal spare key. Presently, I've two keys with me, they don't have any buttons except "W1" blue tap on the top of key. What does it means?. Does Fiesta TDCI ZXI (Feb-2006) models not having the remote buttons on the keys? Those who have had purchased Fiesta that time kindly let me know.

Yesterday, I've called up MPL Ford,Vellachery *** regarding the duplicate key query, They told me that costs around 1000Rs per key. It seems it needs to be re-programmed and the labour costs alone is Rs.600 with the total of Rs.1000. Will it costs this much? Is it advisable to go for aftermarket duplicate key makers? Kindly let me know. The reason for am going to one more key is for the safety purpose, as one key already little damaged. Kindly help me out this. I'm really miss the "Fiesta owners" thread, where it motivates to buy the fiesta. I ready every single line in that thread.
Old 6th May 2010, 15:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Yesterday, I've called up MPL Ford,Vellachery *** regarding the duplicate key query, They told me that costs around 1000Rs per key. It seems it needs to be re-programmed and the labour costs alone is Rs.600 with the total of Rs.1000. Will it costs this much? Is it advisable to go for aftermarket duplicate key makers? Kindly let me know. The reason for am going to one more key is for the safety purpose, as one key already little damaged. Kindly help me out this. I'm really miss the "Fiesta owners" thread, where it motivates to buy the fiesta. I ready every single line in that thread.
Does you car have an immobilizer? If it does, an after market key will not work. The chip in the new key needs to be programmed and sync-ed with the on board immobilizer. And you can get a new key with that chip only at the A.S.S. Even if you get an exact key made after market, the immobilizer will not let you start the car.
Old 6th May 2010, 15:30   #3
BHPian

Jeb, post your key pic (you can hide the metal part) so others can compare easily.

what Gilead has said about immobilizer is true, don't waste money on aftermarket keys, they won't work.

however i think your car doesn't have "immobilizer" if both keys handed over to you are stock.
Old 6th May 2010, 15:34   #4
BHPian

Hi Gilead,

Thanks a lot for your rapid response. Yes. My car is equipped with immobilizer. In that case, I've no otherway apart from our A.S.S. However, Do they charge Rs.1000 for the duplicate key? Also, 2006 - Feb ZXI model does not contain remote keys? I just want to know how the original key looks.
Old 6th May 2010, 16:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Gilead,

Thanks a lot for your rapid response. Yes. My car is equipped with immobilizer. In that case, I've no otherway apart from our A.S.S. However, Do they charge Rs.1000 for the duplicate key? Also, 2006 - Feb ZXI model does not contain remote keys? I just want to know how the original key looks.
The current Fiesta key is a 3 button remote and looks a bit like the one in this link. Scroll down to see the 3 button remote (2nd last). Fit and finish are far higher than what's there on the page.

Ford Keys and Remote Key Fobs

What you currently have are two regular non-remote key with the immobilizer chip on the top. That's the blue thing you are referring to. The ex owner probably lost the remote key and got a non-remote one as a replacement. If the manual talks about a remote key, then it must have been there. And I think 1000/- sounds about okay.

Last edited by Gilead : 6th May 2010 at 16:49.
Old 6th May 2010, 17:59   #6
BHPian

Rs 1000 is for non remote keys (only immobilizer ),
because duplicate key with remote & immobilizer for innova was costing ten thousand Rs 10,000.
Old 6th May 2010, 18:41   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

The Key with the Remote (Door Close, Door Open, Boot Open buttons) would cost around Rs.3000. I'd be surprised if Ford gives that for Rs.1000/- Am ready to run a line in my signature that, "It's real, Ford spares cost toooooo little"
Old 6th May 2010, 18:55   #8
BHPian

Nope kiku007. I guess we never get a chance to go for that line as our signature . Just talked to MPL ford SA, he said the key with remote costs around Rs.3000 only.Also, they will take a whole day to program the same. In this case, I plan to go for Xenos CL for that costs.
Old 6th May 2010, 19:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, they will take a whole day to program the same. In this case, I plan to go for Xenos CL for that costs.
Just buy the key from them. Info on how to program is there in the owners manual. It's a 2 min job. Ask them if they can give the key after subtracting labor. I bet they won't.

Last edited by Gilead : 6th May 2010 at 19:11.
Old 6th May 2010, 19:44   #10
BHPian

Key pic added

Hi ,

Just talked to the ex.owner of my car, he confirmed that there was no remote key given at the time of purchase. He only got these two non-remote keys. Posting the key pic for reference. (sorry if image quality is bad as taken by my mobile N82)
Attached Thumbnails
Duplicate Key needed for My Fiesta TDCI ZXI 2006 Model-060520101345.jpg  

Old 18th April 2012, 20:54   #11
BHPian

Re: Duplicate Key needed for My Fiesta TDCI ZXI 2006 Model

I have a 2007 Fiesta, with a remote key (with 3 buttons). I need a duplicate key, a normal one, not the remote key. Does this normal key also needs to be programmed? FASS guys in perungudi branch are not helpful, they want me to take my car to the vadapalani branch and it will take 2 days for programming.

Is FASS the only solution for it? Taking my car to them really takes a lot of time and then take a lot of time in responding. I just want to be on the safer side, in case my original key is lost.

Most Viewed