Team-BHP - Modded Toyota Corolla Altis- Projector CCFL Angel Eyes, Spoilers, Side Visor
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Modded Toyota Corolla Altis- Projector CCFL Angel Eyes, Spoilers, Side Visor (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/81329-modded-toyota-corolla-altis-projector-ccfl-angel-eyes-spoilers-side-visor-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by R2D2 (Post 1909281)
Jo, sorry to hear about your encounter and the damage. It must have been so disappointing. :(
I am surprised to read how expensive the SV mirror is. Wow. I thought it was around 7K each. I never use the SV mirrors in the city as Pune traffic has two wheelers that generally scrape and break/damage the mirror in their hurry to get to the ahead of the traffic waiting at a signal. I can manage with the RVM.
Cheers!
PS - I loved the Lenso alloys that some of our TBHPians have fitted on their Civics. Did you check Lenso?

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 1909381)
Jo..
Man.. That's really bad. Hope you guys are recovering well (You & your car). These ORVMs are expensive. Maruti once quoted 2.5 for my Swift's mirror:Shockked:
Anyways, Let me know hen you finalize on the alloys. Do check out Lenso.
Cheers.!

Even i was surprised on how much the SV mirror cost! Even 7k was an acceptable range! My Chevy Aveo came to around 3-4k max but yeh - 13.5k is huge for single piece of mirror kit. I guess because it has the motor controls and indicators on them. Who knows!
He said that the stock headlights cost around Rs34K! Boy I am keeping mine around incase the Projectors get damaged :D

I manage with the Rear view mirror too most of the time. But atleast some days I would love to ride the car in the city proudly with the ears wide open... but what do ya know! Before you can say "this isn't that bad"... boooom! Scratch! Maybe its just my luck :D

I havent checked out Lensos yet. I was on my way to check out some alloys and thats when this happened!! Arrrrrr!!

Well I got my car back from the shop...took so long that i even forgot i had a car :D... Total costs....

Side view mirror set - Rs 12000
Left side door and fender paint - Rs 9600
Reliance Claim charge- Rs 1000

Total paid after Claim= Rs 7500.

which i thought was pretty neat, else I would have ended up shelling out 22k just because of a stupid his driver who couldnt stay in his lane...! Arrrggg!

Feels good to be riding again. They oiled n greased some stuff so now the car is running smooth as a babys bootehh!! Love the new lights. I just go wow everytime I look at it... hehe.

Gonna get back on the Rim search soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocreative (Post 1934294)
Well I got my car back from the shop...took so long that i even forgot i had a car :D... Total costs....

Side view mirror set - Rs 12000
Left side door and fender paint - Rs 9600
Reliance Claim charge- Rs 1000

Total paid after Claim= Rs 7500.

which i thought was pretty neat, else I would have ended up shelling out 22k just because of a stupid his driver who couldnt stay in his lane...! Arrrggg!

Feels good to be riding again. They oiled n greased some stuff so now the car is running smooth as a babys bootehh!! Love the new lights. I just go wow everytime I look at it... hehe.

Gonna get back on the Rim search soon.

Good to hear that Jo
How about some pics now?

I had a few minutes to browse by a shop today to check on some alloys.. they had 17" White Lenso Samurai SC02.

It was definitely worth the thought... would white alloys on Black be overkill? :D

Heres a quick Photoshop Mockup. I think it looks cool. But the f-in things cost around 9k a piece! Thats 45k (5 pieces) for the alloys alone!

I have been to around 3 shops now, and the general scenario is they will have ONE 17" piece that has been shelved for years now, and they try to push that out. They will not even nudge for an alternate option or order from a catalogue, which is what they usually do. Annoying!!
The funny part about this is, First I asked them for a price and they said 11.3K per piece...then I asked another guy in the same shop and he said 9.2k :D Dont these things ever have legit price tags?!?!?

I think "This happens only in India" says it all :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocreative (Post 1937851)
I have been to around 3 shops now, and the general scenario is they will have ONE 17" piece that has been shelved for years now, and they try to push that out. They will not even nudge for an alternate option or order from a catalogue, which is what they usually do. Annoying!!
The funny part about this is, First I asked them for a price and they said 11.3K per piece...then I asked another guy in the same shop and he said 9.2k :D Dont these things ever have legit price tags?!?!?

I think "This happens only in India" says it all :)

agree:

I had the same experience when I checked alloys for my car.
I think this looks good. (Although am not a great fan of white alloys especially on a black car.). Lenso is expensive, but 45k is way toooo much.
For my car they quoted 25k for 4 (15"). I thought that was expensive lol:.

Why dont you try some other brands? I really like "AC Schnitzer". Why dont you have a look at the pic. I know this is very common and outdated. But I really like these. I think AC Schnitzer wheels are expensive. But there are many replicas nowadays. Add a low profile tyre to it and it will be awesome.!

Yep gonna try out other stores and brands. Most likely I will have to make a trip to EKM and check out my options there. Beginning to think TVM does not have enough options for my taste :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocreative (Post 1942577)
Yep gonna try out other stores and brands. Most likely I will have to make a trip to EKM and check out my options there. Beginning to think TVM does not have enough options for my taste :).

That's an option. There are many shops out here with very good collections. Let me know when you plan. Will help you out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 1942693)
That's an option. There are many shops out here with very good collections. Let me know when you plan. Will help you out.

Will most definitely do. Might take a month or two I guess.
Suddenly the economic downfall has affected my business and its on an all time low :( So waiting for things to pick back up.

No problem.. Just keep me updated on this.

Guys even i am looking for Projector Lamps with CCFL HALO. Any idea where one can purchase them specially from Hong Kong ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh (Post 1999982)
Guys even i am looking for Projector Lamps with CCFL HALO. Any idea where one can purchase them specially from Hong Kong ?

There are many sites offering online purchase of projector headlights.

Side view mirror for 12 K? that sounds expensive.I will be better off without using them in the city :)
Tried placing a Sony Portable DVD player just like your panasonic to my altis .But the anti-skip pad is not doing a good job.Bough it from shop or through ebay?
I hope you have gone to most of the shops in trivandrum for the accessories.So which one do you recommend?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGM (Post 2064372)
Side view mirror for 12 K? that sounds expensive.I will be better off without using them in the city :)
Tried placing a Sony Portable DVD player just like your panasonic to my altis .But the anti-skip pad is not doing a good job.Bough it from shop or through ebay?
I hope you have gone to most of the shops in trivandrum for the accessories.So which one do you recommend?

I hear ya. I just wish there will be a day in Kerala (Or India for that matter) where one can drive with the mirrors wide open and not worry about them being hit by some random moron! Or park it out in a lot and not worry about some dodo bending the side mirrors the opposite way (backwards)! Annoying!

On a positive side, the side view mirrors are motorized, even if they are bent backwards, it snaps back into place once the key is turned on.

I dont have any complaints about the anti-skid pads I have got. You put this thing on any glossy surface, and it wont move an inch. THe player sites comfortably and does not slide arround during a drive. Ofcourse you can hear a tiny vibrating sound of the base bouncing against the dash board, but that depends on how bumpy the road is. On highways it just sits there as if its glued to the dash.

I am attaching a picture of the one I use. Not sure where I got it from, but I remember it was from a very common store. From the top of my head the names that pop out are either Spencers or Car Palace at Keshwdspm.

Also make sure the top of your LCD does not touch the wind sheild. That could cause some annoying rattling. My player has tiltable screen (not sure if yours does, if it does, then its awesome!) so I can manipulate the angle of the LCD screen. Its pretty slim and handy. Long journeys would become boring without this now!

Battery life is around 4-6 hours on full charge. Haven't had the chance to try it longer than that :)