Team-BHP - My Friends Zen Modification
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   My Friends Zen Modification (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/81775-my-friends-zen-modification.html)

Hi

Here am attaching few pics of my friends ZEN. He needs advice on how to pep-up this little beast more. So, please pour your valuable inputs.

Thanks

Hmm, nice ride out there.
For the starters:

1. an ovrm on the left hand side.
2. a sports steering wheel
3. k&n air filter (if not installed yet)
4. ffe
5. performance spark plugs
6. a custom made spoiler (if he is interested)
7. Mesh grills for sure for front grille, front and rear bumpers

you can also suggest him painting the interiors of the car silver:

check out mine if he is also willing to paint the door handles body colored and add a black tape on the B pillar

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...asic-mods.html

By the way what tire size is he running ??

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishnu.csk (Post 1893639)
Hi

Here am attaching few pics of my friends ZEN. He needs advice on how to pep-up this little beast more. So, please pour your valuable inputs.

Thanks

What do you mean by pep-up , better looking exteriors or a sheep in wolves clothing ?

I did wisely put my money on a few engine mods and leave it at that. Aesthetically the zen looks clean and would prefer to leave it the same way.

Thanks guys for a quick response. Actually he has the following modification in the pipe line but couldnt get a proper guy in chennai to trust for the workman ship to take good care of her while doing the mod.

Mod that he planned for
1) Alloy wheels with Tube less tyres. (Plati Alloy: 13' and YOKOHAMA Tubeless tyres - 155/65/13) -- Done now.
2) HID kit or better lighting option
3) Better FOG lamps
4) K & N filter
5) FFE
6) Mesh Grille

But he couldnt find any trustable mod shop in chennai for all these. So it would be really nice of experts to suggest him for all the above mentioned mod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishnu.csk (Post 1894221)
Thanks guys for a quick response. Actually he has the following modification in the pipe line but couldnt get a proper guy in chennai to trust for the workman ship to take good care of her while doing the mod.

Mod that he planned for
1) Alloy wheels with Tube less tyres. (Plati Alloy: 13' and YOKOHAMA Tubeless tyres - 155/65/13) -- Done now.
3) Better FOG lamps
4) K & N filter
5) FFE
6) Mesh Grille

But he couldnt find any trustable mod shop in chennai for all these. So it would be really nice of experts to suggest him for all the above mentioned mod.

you can ask your friend to add HIDs in fog lamp too (only if the glass of the existing fog lamp is clear (i mean not yellow or multi colored) !!
Mesh grills would cost him around Rs. 1500 (for front, rear bumper and front grille)

Chennai TeamBhpian....please help him to get a trustable Mod shop in chennai where the rate, product and workman ship will be excellent...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishnu.csk (Post 1894221)

Mod that he planned for
3) Better FOG lamps
4) K & N filter
5) FFE
6) Mesh Grille

The stock zen of this model comes with 12" wheels so when putting the 13" alloys was there any mods done to wheel wells or the suspension?

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomaverick (Post 1894519)
The stock zen of this model comes with 12" wheels so when putting the 13" alloys was there any mods done to wheel wells or the suspension?

Actually, the first gen zens came with 13 inch steel rims as standard.So a 155 section would not need any modifications.But looking at the pictures closely i think spacers were added.

Forged_Piston. You got t right. Spacers are added.:)

Motomaverick.. Actually My friend has added spacers on the back suspension since there was the problem of the tyre scraping the wheel arc... It seems that now the problem is not that bad but he says that when the car is loaded with 5 people then the problem still comes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forged_Piston (Post 1894556)
Actually, the first gen zens came with 13 inch steel rims as standard.So a 155 section would not need any modifications.But looking at the pictures closely i think spacers were added.

Yes the first 2 generations came with 13" wheels, then post the facelift it came down to 12"

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishnu.csk (Post 1894947)
Forged_Piston. You got t right. Spacers are added.:)

Motomaverick.. Actually My friend has added spacers on the back suspension since there was the problem of the tyre scraping the wheel arc... It seems that now the problem is not that bad but he says that when the car is loaded with 5 people then the problem still comes.

So 13" alloys goes out of the window then, i guess searching for 12" alloys would be tough as theres limited designs.

Btw is this the stock center console for the zen lxi? i guess ur friend has fixed it separately. please get some details

Here are some ideas.

1) Mesh Grills
2) HIDs
3) Front bumper lip and side skirts (Just the basic one. Not something fancy)
4) Engine mods (FFE, Header, K&N filters)
5) Low profile tyres would look awesome but since he already installed them, let's leave it.

@Motomaverick : Everything in the car is stock except the wheel and tyres.

By the way he is ready to go for FILTERS and FFE. But as said in earlier, he couldnt trust any one in chennai as there is lot of difference in price, quality and workman ship. So he is waiting for Chennai TeamBhian's expert to guide him to the right MOD shop in chennai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishnu.csk (Post 1895670)
So he is waiting for Chennai TeamBhian's expert to guide him to the right MOD shop in chennai.

Try AutoFlex, situated near Albert Theatre. I've been servicing/modding my car for last 2yrs. They are good in modifying engine, FFE etc. I've PM'ed their number to you, talk to them and visit that place once and then finalize.

Cheers,
L&S.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick17s (Post 1893906)
performance spark plugs

Waste of money

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick17s (Post 1893906)
front and rear bumpers

Again will spoil the look, all you need is a FFE a good CAI and no body kits, If possible get rid of those explode stickers as well.

Pramod

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramodkumar (Post 1896090)
Waste of money

Again will spoil the look, all you need is a FFE a good CAI and no body kits, If possible get rid of those explode stickers as well.

Pramod

Pramod: I mean to add mesh grills in the front and rear bumper which gives a real sporty feel, going for bodykit would be expensive