Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2005, 21:52   #1
BHPian

Toolkit for maruti zen!

Does maruti give a toolkit with zen ? I didnt find one and it was not even in the checklist ... just the usual , hazard light, wrench , jack , first aid . thats it. What about toolkit ?

Also can we buy a new toolkit ? How is this one from ebay

http://cgi.ebay.in/41-pc-Toolkit-Set...QQcmdZViewItem

Please let me know... thanks.
Old 24th October 2005, 00:06   #2
BHPian

The new maruti cars dont have much in the name of a tool kit - just a wheel spanner! Most delearships/service stations/shops selling "MGP" will happily sell you a Maruti branded tool kit for your car....what i fail to understand is why don't they give this with the car itself!!
As far as the toolkits similar to the one you are planning to buy, well _usually_ these el-cheapo toolkits are poor quality ones and i really doubt whether you can remove a single nut/bolt/screw from your car without breaking the tool-kit!!
My advice - for tinkering once in a while or taking care of a few loose screws/nuts/bolts , get a maruti toolkit...will cost you a few hundred rupees and is quite dependable too.

Last edited by techn0l0gist : 24th October 2005 at 00:08.
Old 24th October 2005, 07:12   #3
BHPian

Thank god :-)

So they dont give with the car , since i did not even find that in the delivery reciept checklist (so that i can think that they cheated me).
My bike too has a toolkit with it .. quite funny are maruti ways ... maybe it expects people to call MOS all the time even to tighten a screw ...

BTW does all dealerships have MGA toolkit ? How much does it cost ??

Will try to get one today , thanks for the info ...
Old 24th October 2005, 07:30   #4
BHPian

One more thing, is there any so called bargaining involved in MGAs or is it the standard quoted price we need to give ? I mean any scope of reduction, i know if we buy a car and then get the accessories with it i got 5% discount, some others offered 6% (dont know if they were giving MGA)

Also are there sizes and shapes of MGA toolkits ? But i do agree its truly a mental satisfaction to have one, though frankly i never used my bike toolkit for bike .. i used it for home :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks