Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2010, 08:24   #1
BHPian

adding LPG kit to GETZ Prime 1.1

hi fellow BHPians,

need your help urgently.I would like to whether i can add a genuine LPG kit to my Hyundai Getz Prime1.1. costs around 18K-20K. But some of my relatives suggested that the LPG Kitting guyz don't work on any hyundai vehicles . Comparing to maruthis,hyundais are not preffered to be kitted with LPG. I am keen on fitting an LPG kit immediatly due the drop in the fuel efficiency of my ride cause of the heavy traffic in my city.Please help.Thanks in Advance fellaz.
Old 5th June 2010, 10:15   #2
BHPian

Why not go for CNG if its easily available?
Check the below thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...lling-kit.html
Old 5th June 2010, 10:28   #3
BHPian

Isn't there a Santro LPG version. Since both are the same engines wouldn't Hyundai itself have a nice kit for usage.
Old 5th June 2010, 13:20   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subscrive View Post
Why not go for CNG if its easily available?
Check the below thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...lling-kit.html
Thanks for your suggestion bro but CNG kits are not availble here in trivandrum. BTW does hyundai undertake LPG kitting service? Then it might be worth considering.But from my observations,the tank fitted by the company has lesser capacity(18litres or so).But the Aftermarlet(genuine) jits have almost 30 litres for lesser cost. so i would like considering that.20K is my budget and I'm checking out some guys here in Trivandrum> hoe i get it soon. Still I need your suggestions.
Old 5th June 2010, 16:39   #5
BHPian

Hi Anupam,

As you might know , there are few options in LPG kit like Open loop , closed loop and sequential injection kit.
The one that comes in Spark and Indica are sequential injection kits which are good , very less issues and efficiency is also good.

For 18-20K you will get only the first two options .
Considering the fact that Getz 1.1 is already sluggish , it will be good if you consider the sequential injection kit as the first choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9557 View Post
Thanks for your suggestion bro but CNG kits are not availble here in trivandrum. BTW does hyundai undertake LPG kitting service? Then it might be worth considering.But from my observations,the tank fitted by the company has lesser capacity(18litres or so).But the Aftermarlet(genuine) jits have almost 30 litres for lesser cost. so i would like considering that.20K is my budget and I'm checking out some guys here in Trivandrum> hoe i get it soon. Still I need your suggestions.
Old 7th June 2010, 20:05   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
Hi Anupam,

As you might know , there are few options in LPG kit like Open loop , closed loop and sequential injection kit.
The one that comes in Spark and Indica are sequential injection kits which are good , very less issues and efficiency is also good.

For 18-20K you will get only the first two options .
Considering the fact that Getz 1.1 is already sluggish , it will be good if you consider the sequential injection kit as the first choice.
Thanks for the info bro.I'll l try it. i think the sequential injection kits cost around 35K right?
Old 7th June 2010, 22:56   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9557 View Post
Thanks for the info bro.I'll l try it. i think the sequential injection kits cost around 35K right?
its around 40K , its worth only if you are not willing to compromise on performance or plan to keep the vehicle for long and run a good amount in gas.
Old 9th June 2010, 11:18   #8
BHPian

Do these cng kits harm the engine in the long run??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks