Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2010, 13:02   #1
BHPian

Can we upgrade car's Smart Screen User interfaces?

Guys, looking at the scaled down versions of the cars made available to us, I was looking at the options(if available) of upgrading the Smart Screen User ingterfaces as per the International standards.

For e.g.: Cruze's international version has a beautiful display with inbuilt GPS navigator in direct contrast to the hugely scaled down Smart Screen UI in its Indian counterpart.

Are there some means by which one can upgrade these UIs or we will have to live with what's made available to us ?

Mods: Please move the thread if you feel its more towards accessories rather than the car on the whole
Old 8th June 2010, 17:45   #2
BHPian

Sad to see 63 views but no answers.

However, I have been searching the web for this and got this link:

Aftermarket Chevrolet Cruze DVD Radio - Chevrolet Cruze GPS Navigation Update - Chevy Cruze OEM Headunit ipod RDS bluetooth

Guys, can I get some reviews as to how gud it is to replace the originals with these?
Old 8th June 2010, 19:03   #3
BHPian

I guess its just another cost cutting measure.
GPS is hard enough to manage in India where road names change on an almost weekly basis and LCD screens are a mostly useless feature. (If I am driving, what good does it do me, the only one who benefits is the driver so he wont get bored while waiting for me)
I can live without the fancy UI's.
Old 8th June 2010, 19:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you search and read about CAR PC installation by various members? Everything you need can be addressed by one of these. Else, many members also replace their stock HU's with internationally available equipment, yes.
Old 9th June 2010, 11:14   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Why don't you search and read about CAR PC installation by various members? Everything you need can be addressed by one of these. Else, many members also replace their stock HU's with internationally available equipment, yes.
Thanks a lot buddy. Will sure do a search on your suggestion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks