Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 00:20   #1
BHPian

Lancer Paint Job - Bangalore

Hi All,

Its been a long while since I've posted anything but I regularly visit to read up on all the interesting articles here.

Now I have something to post!

My 99 Lancer has been out shopping for a new wardrobe and is out now! It used to be dark green. The paint job is excellent. I got it done at Ali Garage near the Mahindra Showroom (Now its a toy store) at the inner ring road in Kormangala. Everything is great except that they took a month.

I just have one pic for now but more will follow soon. The rains in B'lore have not been very kind to the black.

Have installed HIDs and the car looks stunning at night. Maybe its cause I'm smitten! Not sure. But I'm now looking to get some tasteful skirts. Something along the lines of the SFXi. Understated and stock looking is the key. Not a big fan of spoilers. But I would love to hear some suggestions!! And comments please!
Attached Thumbnails
Lancer Paint Job - Bangalore-img00486201005121833.jpg  

Old 11th June 2010, 06:04   #2
BHPian

Looks Good.is it Dupond?? And how much did u pay for the HID's.Im looking for one,But i need to know if i have to go for angel eyes or is the stock enough.
Old 11th June 2010, 09:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

tassem from the looks of it the paint job looks pretty neat. Can you post a break up of the costs and your experience with the garage for the benefit of other members who might be looking for something similar.

Also that's a brilliant set of alloys the Lancer has.

Quote:
But I'm now looking to get some tasteful skirts. Something along the lines of the SFXi. Understated and stock looking is the key. Not a big fan of spoilers.
Have you checked with Mitsu dealers in town ? I think the SFXi body kit can be fabricated easily and the price would be the key deciding factor. Check with one of the dealers in town and get a price quote. Try a local fabricator and see what he has to say. I am sure there will be a considerable difference in the price quote.
Old 11th June 2010, 18:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

^^Contact Sai Colorium. AFAIK they can source or manufacture the skirts.
Old 11th June 2010, 18:57   #5
BHPian

@Lancer Maniac: Thanks! The paint used was Standox. HIDs I paid 9k from Car'n'Style. Its 6000k with Hi-Lo. I would suggest you check with Satya at EVO (blueraven). I didn know him when I got the lamps, else I would've got from him. You dont need to get the projector setup for the HIDs. The aftermarket lancer projectors often have a detrimental effect when it comes to throw. But they look great.

@rjstyle69: Thanks! The total cost came up to 24k. I did have the door rubber replaced separately. But that had nothing to do with the painters. The attention to detail was awesome. Only thing to complain about was the time. It took them exactly a month to return the car. But he did email me pics of the progress whenever I couldn't visit to take a look.

Got the wheels from evo. I feel they're the best part of the car!

I did check with the local dealers for the SFXi kit, but they have only the front lip. I guess thats the part that gets replaced often owing to the speed humps. I'm looking at the kits sold by kitup in coimbatore. Any views?

Tassem.
Old 11th June 2010, 19:35   #6
BHPian

Tassem - Hats off to you man ! Do you happen to know this guy beforehand ?

I had a horrible experience with these jokers. They were recommended to me by a friend & i got the front bumper painted from them. I left the car with them for a week & they did such a horrible job that my BP flew through the roof when i saw it completed. They have such a dirty paint booth and there is almost no flooring, no roof in their garage. I would go so far as to say that my car was the neatest thing in their garage.

To add insult to injury, they charged me Rs.5,800 & I had to get the entire bumper repainted at an A.S.S later as they had done such a bad job. The clear coat was not applied properly & the guys are not ready to even listen to my complaint. The way the guy was speaking as if he would thrash me if i were to question him again. I just paid & left, completely disgusted.

To add insult to injury, the final straw was when without asking they put their stupid huge sticker - aligarage24x7 - Home on the rear windshield without my permission. Did they think i am their advertising billboard !??!

My net loss due to this Ali's Garage ;

- Rs. 5,800 for bumper dent removal & painting
- Rs 150 - for removing their stupid sticker from the rear glass
- Waste of 01 week time & even more getting it repainted
- Peace of mind gone for a toss

Sorry if i sounded rude, but this experience was traumatic for me. Good you managed to get it done. Im just posting my experience for the benefit of other members.

Last edited by nirmaljusdoit : 11th June 2010 at 19:39.
Old 11th June 2010, 21:07   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
@Lancer Maniac: Thanks! The paint used was Standox. HIDs I paid 9k from Car'n'Style. Its 6000k with Hi-Lo. I would suggest you check with Satya at EVO (blueraven). I didn know him when I got the lamps, else I would've got from him. You dont need to get the projector setup for the HIDs. The aftermarket lancer projectors often have a detrimental effect when it comes to throw. But they look great.

@rjstyle69: Thanks! The total cost came up to 24k. I did have the door rubber replaced separately. But that had nothing to do with the painters. The attention to detail was awesome. Only thing to complain about was the time. It took them exactly a month to return the car. But he did email me pics of the progress whenever I couldn't visit to take a look.

Got the wheels from evo. I feel they're the best part of the car!

I did check with the local dealers for the SFXi kit, but they have only the front lip. I guess thats the part that gets replaced often owing to the speed humps. I'm looking at the kits sold by kitup in coimbatore. Any views?

Tassem.
Tassem, great paint-job on your ride, the gloss really stands out. Upload more pictures if possible so that all of us can drool more over your car. What changes have you done to the interiors?

Regarding the KITUP kit, i would advice you to check on the designs most suitable to your liking and also if you don't mind shelling out a lot of money .
Great paint-job overall.

Cheers
Old 11th June 2010, 21:34   #8
CCP

Nice set of alloys and paint job too.

Regards

Car Custom People (CCP).
Old 11th June 2010, 21:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

@Tassem if i am not mistaken you had put this car for sale here couple of months back, i am a great fan of the British racing green on a lancer, i do like black as well but the older color was awesome. The front grill looks odd, please get rid of it ger a body colored one, try the autopsyche kits they are cheaper than kitup and looks better. The kitup kits are now extremely weird and wacky now a days. Just my 2 cents.

Pramod
Old 12th June 2010, 05:52   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
^^Contact Sai Colorium. AFAIK they can source or manufacture the skirts.
can u give me their their address and number..i might be interested..
Old 14th June 2010, 17:40   #11
BHPian

@Nirmal: Wow! That's a bad experience. But I had no such problems. I mean, the time consumed was way more that comfortable, but that was about it. Everything else went well. I did not know the guys beforehand. One guy from my office had got his lancer painted here and it looks great. So I decided to go ahead. But I did mention that I will blog the results. Also, He came to my office to pick-up the car and met a couple of colleagues who were interested in a paint job. We made it clear that if he does a good job, he will get repeat customers. Guess that was good encouragement.

The sticker business was true for me as well. But I made them remove it as soon as I saw it. I hate stickers on cars! They have billboards for that!

@Regnex: Thanks bro! I will definitely put up more pics. Kitup sent me a quotation for 28k for front/back bumper lips, grills and skirts. Painted and finished incluing installation. I havent had the time to go check it out and am not sure whether I should spend so much on it.

@CCP: Thanks!

@Pramod: Yup, you're right, I did put it up for sale a couple of months back. Whatever offers I got were low, yet fair as per market value. But then realised that a paintjob would make me happier! lol.. I mean, the car looks so good now! I'm glad that I didn't sell..

About the kits, I'm not going for a complete makeover. Just the lips, Skirts and the front grill. And the kitup guys have the pic of a black lancer in their gallery which looked great. Very subtle work. But I love Autopsyche's work. Dont think they're cheaper though.. hmmm..

@lancer maniac: Try here: Home

Tassem.
Old 14th June 2010, 22:24   #12
Senior - BHPian

Seriously man. those alloy's are real hot.
How much did you pay those ?
Old 14th June 2010, 22:44   #13
BHPian

@S Choudhury: I think they were around 32-36k for 4. I will be getting a 5th one soon. Cant remember why I got the set of 4 and not 5. Got them from EVO. I've always been a sucker for multi-spokes and he's got quite a collection.
Old 14th June 2010, 23:06   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post

Tassem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
can u give me their their address and number..i might be interested..
Lookup for their website. - Contact Us

There is one more source: SS Concept. Kunals the name. I don't have a number. But you can google and get it for sure.
Old 14th June 2010, 23:28   #15
Senior - BHPian

Great looking Lancer with the shiny paintjob and new wheels :-)
Enjoy it and may it be protected from dings and dents :-)

They took one month - a bit long but then you also changed color which increases work... Did you just paint the outside or also the inside of the car ?

BTW, Get the front grille painted in black, will look sporty!

Last edited by lancer_rit : 14th June 2010 at 23:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks