Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2010, 11:38   #1
BHPian

DC Design : Toyota Fortuner Modifications

Seems DC is in love with Toyota's !! After the "Innova Lounge" DC has done something similar to the Fortuner

Report on zigwheels : DC Design Toyota Fortuner - Changing Fortunes - News - Zigwheels
Old 21st June 2010, 18:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Fortuner with just the exterior package costs Rs. 2.5 lakh while the jetliner interiors will set you back by Rs. 6.5 lakh which is a pretty good deal considering the lap of luxury you will be seated in.
The interiors look pretty nice. A neat job i must admit. For a change, I had liked DC modded Innova interiors as well. But at 6.5L rupees the interior modification cost is on higher side. But surely not worth paying up 2.5L for the exterior modification. To me Fortuner looks timid due to external modification (like Pajero), only saving grace is twin exhaust!
Old 22nd June 2010, 10:05   #3
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The Innova Interior package which is quite similar to the one on the Fortuner is about 5L. The fortuner actually does not need most of the exterior package, but since it's interiors are faulted as being too basic and innovaish for a 20L car it would make sense to go in for the interior package alone for some
Old 22nd June 2010, 10:18   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

An Uncomfortable Limo.

The Interiors looks nice, they look like copy pasted from the Innova DC Modification.

Those huge recliners look good on paper advertisements where DC design goes to the extent of comparing it Rolls-Royce Phantom but in reality these seats have been pushed all the way back to create more legroom and that is behind rear axle, this place is very very bumpy. The last row on any SUV with Ladder on Frame Chassis running non independent suspension setup with steel springs is very UNCOMFORTABLE, no matter how well tuned the setup is.

Having spent close to 30 lakhs nobody would like to have a extremely bumpy ride, its more of show off stuff than real Limousine comfort.

The Exterior package costs Rs.2.5 lacs and the Interiors cost Rs.6.5 lacs.

Last edited by .anshuman : 22nd June 2010 at 10:25.
Old 22nd June 2010, 10:24   #5
BHPian

I happened to see this in person at the Car Nation outlet in Bangalore. The similar interior package done on the Innova does not seem to have the same quality as what is shown in the pictures. There are wires all around, too many controls and something's not functional. I hate the power box taking away most of the foot space from the front co-passenger. The floor at the rear is raised by a good 4 inches to accommodate the seats, electrical and mechanical components associated. I'd be surprised to see any takers!!
Old 22nd June 2010, 10:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

Just a thought but where are the seatbelts for the recliners? The middle row belts are too far forward and the third row belts are too far back!
Old 23rd June 2010, 09:54   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

In stock form, the Innova is more comfortable than the Fortuner (latter has a bumpier ride). The Toyota MUV also costs 1/2 that of the SUV. For anyone looking at such an interior conversion, the DC Innova is a superior purchase. More comfortable, 1/2 the price and the exact same functionality.
Old 30th June 2010, 20:52   #8
Team-BHP Support

@GTO: I completely agree there.

I spoke with John from DC. I had one complaint. The rear and front sections are permanently separated making it a strictly chauffeur driven car. I am told they are now working on a slightly modified version where you can actually use it as a 4 seater where you could self drive with family and not be cut off from the rear passengers.

That's an important flexibility to provide particularly if they are looking to offer it on a Fortuner otherwise it would really only make sense to get these mods on the Innova at 1/2 the price. I believe this will be available in as soon as a month from now.

Most Viewed