Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2010, 11:38   #1
BHPian

Help! Wanted Clutch disc for my Lancer Petrol.

I have been trying to get clutch discs for my Lancer Petrol for almost 6 months. I wanted Ceekay as thats the OE clutch. Lancer showrrom quoted 14500/- which I found unreasonable as an Exedy stage 2 clutch costs only 12500/- for the Lancer. I didnt want a stage 2 clutch as my car does not need it.

So after trying to contact ceekay ( I called the factory, their distributors their vevdors etc I couldn't get hold of a set.) Finally I manage somebody in Mumbai to send me a set to Cochin. As it was delivered to my mechanic he fitted the same I paid 4700/- for the kit. A Valeo kit costs only 3400/- .

Now after fitting the clutch I noticed that there was a vibration on the pedal while loading it (read depressing it and about to release.) Also shifting down was not as smooth as it used to be. Two days later I had them dismantle the same and nothing seemed to be out of way. I had the flywheel checked for flaws but that too was ruled out and it was again reset. But the problem wouldn't go away.

As my mechanics are good but have not worked too much on Lancers I decided to get someone who worked only on Lancers to take a look. He dismantled it again and what he found was the clutch disc is not for the Petrol as the flywheel side center according to him should have been thinner. We verified this to be correct. Everything else looked the same. I contacted the spares guy in Mumbai and he says probably there was a mistake in packaging and probably the kit ended up with a diesel clutch disc. But he cant do anything as its been over a month now. I requested for a new clutch disc alone but he says the assembly comes only as a kit. Now I'm stuck. The only option is to buy a complete assembly including the clutch housing. does anybody know a spare parts delaer who would supply just Ceekay clutch disc for the petrol Lancer please do let me know? I need a Ceekay itself or the housing wouldn't match.
Old 24th June 2010, 12:06   #2
BHPian

Always replace the clutch plate along with the housing. Jitters do appear with a worn out pressure plate too.
Old 24th June 2010, 12:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwheels View Post
I have been trying to get clutch discs for my Lancer Petrol for almost 6 months. I wanted Ceekay as thats the OE clutch. Lancer showrrom quoted 14500/- which I found unreasonable as an Exedy stage 2 clutch costs only 12500/- for the Lancer. I didnt want a stage 2 clutch as my car does not need it.

So after trying to contact ceekay ( I called the factory, their distributors their vevdors etc I couldn't get hold of a set.) Finally I manage somebody in Mumbai to send me a set to Cochin. As it was delivered to my mechanic he fitted the same I paid 4700/- for the kit. A Valeo kit costs only 3400/- .

Now after fitting the clutch I noticed that there was a vibration on the pedal while loading it (read depressing it and about to release.) Also shifting down was not as smooth as it used to be. Two days later I had them dismantle the same and nothing seemed to be out of way. I had the flywheel checked for flaws but that too was ruled out and it was again reset. But the problem wouldn't go away.

As my mechanics are good but have not worked too much on Lancers I decided to get someone who worked only on Lancers to take a look. He dismantled it again and what he found was the clutch disc is not for the Petrol as the flywheel side center according to him should have been thinner. We verified this to be correct. Everything else looked the same. I contacted the spares guy in Mumbai and he says probably there was a mistake in packaging and probably the kit ended up with a diesel clutch disc. But he cant do anything as its been over a month now. I requested for a new clutch disc alone but he says the assembly comes only as a kit. Now I'm stuck. The only option is to buy a complete assembly including the clutch housing. does anybody know a spare parts delaer who would supply just Ceekay clutch disc for the petrol Lancer please do let me know? I need a Ceekay itself or the housing wouldn't match.
hmmmm, thats a problem, did you try bleeding the clutch after the problem surfaced? as far as i know the valeo clutch plate is a perfect match and it costs only 1500 Rs, let me know i can ask my spare parts guy to look for it.

Edit just called the guy, the clutch and pressure plate comes as one unit any ways i have asked him to find out if the clutch plate alone could be brought.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 24th June 2010 at 12:20.
Old 24th June 2010, 12:39   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Always replace the clutch plate along with the housing. Jitters do appear with a worn out pressure plate too.
The whole assembly (plate plus housing) is new hardly done 1000kms but the clutch plate is a the wrong one prob diesel and neeeds to be changed with a petrol one thats what I'm trying to do.
Old 24th June 2010, 12:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

Here is a link which talks about valeo performance clutch. for 4k both clutch plate + pressure plate i think its damn cheap.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...tml#post431543

Pramod
Old 24th June 2010, 12:41   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
hmmmm, thats a problem, did you try bleeding the clutch after the problem surfaced? as far as i know the valeo clutch plate is a perfect match and it costs only 1500 Rs, let me know i can ask my spare parts guy to look for it.

Edit just called the guy, the clutch and pressure plate comes as one unit any ways i have asked him to find out if the clutch plate alone could be brought.

Pramod
You cant change just the plate if I am going for Valeo as I have to go in for everything from Valeo to suit. Ie why I need a Ceekay clutch disc. I can buy a Valeo clutach kit from my dealer. The new kit from Valeo cocts Rs 3400/-
Old 24th June 2010, 12:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwheels View Post
You cant change just the plate if I am going for Valeo as I have to go in for everything from Valeo to suit. Ie why I need a Ceekay clutch disc. I can buy a Valeo clutach kit from my dealer. The new kit from Valeo cocts Rs 3400/-

I have asked my dealer to find out if the clutch alone can be had, let me see what he has to say, but 14500 for a OE is a day light robbery, which guys did you go to? Geo or marikar? Does this figure also include labour and clutch fluid?

Pramod
Old 24th June 2010, 12:59   #8
BHPian

No labor just the clutch kit assembly
Old 24th June 2010, 18:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

My spare parts guy told me that they are not sold separately now, the clutch plate pressure plate comes as a set but he told me there are 3 different clutches for petrol lancers may be there is where you have a problem. Its time to get performance clutch may be, Put that on sale here. As far as i know diesel has a different bell housing so cannot be diesel.

Pramod
Old 19th August 2010, 16:29   #10
Senior - BHPian

3 different sets for the same vehicle. Are they different just by manufacturer or differ by model too? are they interchangeable? I need to get the clutch replaced on my Uncle's lancer tomorrow and the guy has quoted a rough expenditure of about Rs 4500. Is it reasonable? Which clutch should I go in for, its a slxi version with about 84K on the odo.
Old 19th August 2010, 17:38   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
3 different sets for the same vehicle. Are they different just by manufacturer or differ by model too? are they interchangeable? I need to get the clutch replaced on my Uncle's lancer tomorrow and the guy has quoted a rough expenditure of about Rs 4500. Is it reasonable? Which clutch should I go in for, its a slxi version with about 84K on the odo.
Yes there are three different types of clutches for petrol lancers, Ceekay is the OEM clutch but valeo is equally better and little cheaper and easily available outside, Though there are local ones available as well, find out which brand is this quote for. 4.5k with labor sounds just right, mitsu charges >13k for the same work.

Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks