Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2010, 14:32   #1
BHPian

Engine Swap advice: Alto 1.1 in a M800

Engine Swap advice: Alto 1.1 in a M800.

Its been a while i have been trying to look for options for an engine swap option on a M800, But nothing seems to fit in, I wanted to know if any one has tired or knows if a ALTO 1.1 with gear box fit the M800, With minor mod's if needed.

Thanks
Old 25th June 2010, 14:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Engine Swap advice: Alto 1.1 in a M800.

Its been a while i have been trying to look for options for an engine swap option on a M800, But nothing seems to fit in, I wanted to know if any one has tired or knows if a ALTO 1.1 with gear box fit the M800, With minor mod's if needed.

Thanks
the alto 1.1 engine is very rare but if you find one get the gearbox as well, but you can get the wagon R 1.1 easily, but then you would also need the wagon r gear box, I guess alto and m 800 share the same engine except for the 1.1, and you would surly need the break booster kit from the alto as the breaks are not power assisted in a M800. Edmund was doing this in his 1st gen 800, dont know if he did it though

Pramod
Old 25th June 2010, 14:45   #3
BHPian

Brake boosters are already installed, Im getting the alto 1.1, Thats why i have to make the decision quick weather this will work for me or not.

Wagon R's engine was exactly the same? I think it has more height.
Old 25th June 2010, 15:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wagon R's engine was exactly the same? I think it has more height.

No its the same engine, you would need the alto Gear box as well and will have to do modifications on you 800s engine bay read weld mounts and might have to see if the 800s gearbox can be mated with this 1.1 engine as far as i remember the bell housing should be different.

Pramod
Old 25th June 2010, 17:37   #5
BHPian

This is an interesting Mod.. keep going Noida boy! I would also like to have a better heart for my 5S.
1. Will the WagonR Engine fit into the 5Speed Gearbox of M800?
2. Can the same ECU used ?
3. Is it necessary to change the whole engine or any half part would help?

Suggesstions please!!
Old 25th June 2010, 17:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshshanmugam View Post
This is an interesting Mod.. keep going Noida boy! I would also like to have a better heart for my 5S.
1. Will the WagonR Engine fit into the 5Speed Gearbox of M800?
2. Can the same ECU used ?
3. Is it necessary to change the whole engine or any half part would help?

Suggesstions please!!
1. The bellhousing is different so you need to modify or put an adaptor plate
2. No
3. You have to specify which half are you talking about.

Pramod
Old 25th June 2010, 18:30   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
No its the same engine, you would need the alto Gear box as well and will have to do modifications on you 800s engine bay read weld mounts and might have to see if the 800s gearbox can be mated with this 1.1 engine as far as i remember the bell housing should be different.

Pramod
Thanks.

Alto 800 and 1.1 used the same gear box?
Old 25th June 2010, 18:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

Alto 800 and 1.1 used the same gear box?
Yes on no, well depends on the model, the 5 speed 800 shares its gear box with alto but the normal 4 speed has a different bell hosing, i think it can be mated with the current gearbox but, would you? isint getting a 5th gear desirable with a better engine, get both the engine and gearbox and even the axels.

Pramod
Old 25th June 2010, 18:47   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Yes on no, well depends on the model, the 5 speed 800 shares its gear box with alto but the normal 4 speed has a different bell hosing, i think it can be mated with the current gearbox but, would you? isint getting a 5th gear desirable with a better engine, get both the engine and gearbox and even the axels.

Pramod
Alright, Will work out the details keep this thread updated.
Old 30th July 2010, 14:25   #10
BHPian

The 1.1 engine retro fit will need alot of alterations to the body and daily usage and reliability is not guaranteed. The basic size of the engine with gear box is larger than the space under the hood. Looks like this plans needs to be flushed.
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:42   #11
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Guys what would be the big difference in engine swap? Better performance.

There few facts to be faced after any kind of swap.

1. Each and every time you go to a service station you will have tell them its swapped engine with swapped gear box.
2. For sure local mechanic can take it up for service but how about MASS? I think they will.
3. Resale! When the orginality is lost we cannot expect a good resale value. its very rare to see somebody looking for a M800 with Alto engine!

the last is the money part. Why do you want to spend so much for a used M800?

I too own a M800 of 93 model and I spend much for the engine and the looks without spoiling the originality.

Last edited by v12 : 3rd August 2010 at 14:02.
Old 3rd August 2010, 13:17   #12
BHPian

Quote:
The 1.1 engine retro fit will need alot of alterations to the body and daily usage and reliability is not guaranteed. The basic size of the engine with gear box is larger than the space under the hood. Looks like this plans needs to be flushed.
Hey,
just curious where are you getting the 1.1 from and for how much. also are you getting it with all the other bits required for a swap. i'd like to swap a 1.1 into my alto, so this might be interesting.

cheers,
Old 6th August 2010, 16:14   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
Hey,
just curious where are you getting the 1.1 from and for how much. also are you getting it with all the other bits required for a swap. i'd like to swap a 1.1 into my alto, so this might be interesting.

cheers,
Hi, I was getting that deal for like 30-35k. But it didnt work out for me as the 800's engine bay is too small for it. You can go ahead and try it will be easier for you. You can contact // Speed Sport . Automotive Engineering Solutions . New Delhi . India //

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks