Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2005, 22:55   #1

Help converting to CNG

Hey guys,

I have this old 800, used as the general family runabout in hte city. I'd like to know, first of all, its a 1997 car, so does the RTO have any problems with converting that model or anything, I heard older than 99 cars cannot be converted.

Also, I know I wana convert to CNG. The running costs and all are way cheaper to LPG even, and quite frankly with a maruti 800 your not looking for performance.

So who do i go to? In mumbai... Any of the maruti dealers do the conversion? Vitesse, Shah and Sanghi? Anyone know?? I'd rather go to a dealer and pay a little more and geet like a proper conversion and bill and warranty and stuff.

thanks...
Old 15th November 2005, 00:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

The car should not be older than 15 yrs for the conversion, which means the car should be made after 1990-91. So, u're cleared on that.

Get ur car converted to LPG at an authorized conversion centre. Lovato, Longas,Zavoli are quite a few reputed names in the business. It might work out to something around 20K for the conversion but u'll save money quite a bit.

PS: before posting, do a search on the forum with the keywords "LPG" or "CNG" or whatever u need. i think there are already a handful of threads on this topic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks