Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2010, 18:20   #1
Senior - BHPian

Convex side view mirrors for Esteem

Dear Bhpians,

One thing I find lacking on my esteem is "convex" side view mirrors. The sideview mirrors used in esteem are plain and hence the viewable area is too small.

Any help on where to get "convex" side view mirrors for Esteem is much appreciated.

Mine is a 2001 VXi MPFi esteem

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Amal
Old 13th August 2010, 18:39   #2
BHPian

I use the small round ones which can be stuck on the corner of the side view mirror.
Its too small and is a pain to peep into it though! It does help in city driving - to have an eye on the two wheeler riders closing in at the blind spot.
Old 14th August 2010, 08:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
I use the small round ones which can be stuck on the corner of the side view mirror.
Its too small and is a pain to peep into it though! It does help in city driving - to have an eye on the two wheeler riders closing in at the blind spot.
Thanks, Jeeva
Yes, I do use the small round ones. But, if there is a way, I could get the full convex, it would have been very convenient.

This is such a basic feature. Surprised, Maruti doesn't provide it by default even on VXi !
Old 16th August 2010, 12:00   #4
BHPian

Brother, i dont think there is a need for this convex thingy, i dont face any issue with the rear view mirrors. In fact i am just ok with the with the inner rear view mirror. I hardly use the left side ORVM
Old 16th August 2010, 17:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
Brother, i dont think there is a need for this convex thingy, i dont face any issue with the rear view mirrors. In fact i am just ok with the with the inner rear view mirror. I hardly use the left side ORVM
I was also an "IRVM only" user. In fact, I used to close those ORVMs while driving.
But, once I started using ORVMs ( both left and right ) a couple of years back, driving became all the more easier and safer. Trust me, there are a lot of blind spots when you depend only on IRVM.
Old 17th August 2010, 15:31   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I was also an "IRVM only" user. In fact, I used to close those ORVMs while driving.
But, once I started using ORVMs ( both left and right ) a couple of years back, driving became all the more easier and safer. Trust me, there are a lot of blind spots when you depend only on IRVM.
i used to have the xl inside-RVM.
used to be slightly convex,about 40% larger than the OE.Clip on.
In conjunction with the ORVM, it completely eliminated the blind spots.
got it for 375 bucks
Old 17th August 2010, 21:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Any car which uses such convex curved OVRM's ? then u can check if the same can be fixed for esteem.
Old 13th May 2013, 12:54   #8
BHPian

Re: Convex side view mirrors for Esteem

@amalji, did you find a solution???
Old 13th May 2013, 19:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

Re: Convex side view mirrors for Esteem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
@amalji, did you find a solution???
My friend who bought the car from me replaced the ORVMs with convex ones from Maruti Service Masters - Autoteam, Kochi. So, it seems, the new spare replacement for Esteem comes with the convex type mirrors.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed