Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2010, 20:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

How about painting the inner disc of the wheels to matt black?

Restoring my 1988 Contessa 1.8-dsc00512.jpg
Old 19th August 2010, 21:52   #17
BHPian

Thanks Badboyscad, i was probably planning to do the same thing, as you said. just a little alteration, planning to paint the wheels shining black and have chrome wheel end strip, like your car has... the silver colour in the wheels do not match the green shade, in my looks, and so will surely paint the wheels black.
thanks again for your photoshop works, i appreciate it very much.
Old 20th August 2010, 00:16   #18
BHPian

No way should you go for the alloys, stick with the stock wheels. your car has the classic look and those alloys just dont gel with that look. It would be a mismatch that would mess up the rest of the effort youve put into the car.

And the colour is beautiful. After viraat put it into perspective with the vauxhall victor comparison, i realised what the car is heading for. Just perfect

Edit: i have this contessa in my area thats been modded very tastefully. it has metallic grey wheel rims and mercedez w123 bumpers with maruti 800 lights.
instead of the black , try this colour, its beautiful, though i am not sure if it will go with the green
Attached Thumbnails
Restoring my 1988 Contessa 1.8-040520081162.jpg  

Last edited by mycarhasablower : 20th August 2010 at 00:24.
Old 20th August 2010, 16:54   #19
BHPian

shekaran: The colour looks awesome. Please don't add alloys to the classic beauty. It looks much much better with the stock wheels. if you want increase the rubber size. Waiting to see the final outcome. All the best with your project.

Last edited by ImranShahnawaz : 20th August 2010 at 16:57.
Old 20th August 2010, 22:08   #20

Picture Perfect!

No doubt, it looks extremely gorgeous!

As a suggestion, i would say, put a good chrome carb-scoop on the hood! IMO would make the beauty look a killer!

(...not sure if anyone's tried it on the original indian muscle car till date...)
Old 21st August 2010, 11:54   #21
BHPian

The Contessa is now finished with all parts fitted, seats fitted, and is now with the electrician, for new wiring, plus ICE, lights fittings.

As per all your suggestions, i am not going for alloys, just the OE wheel rim itself, but painted shining black and chrome lip trim on outer end.

The interior is all beige, tan colour, done with PU leather material. some suggestions, ideas needed on interiors, ICE etc.,.

would a long strip of chrome - from the front to the rear, on the side of the car - look good ? just below the bonnet/window sills ? friends, pls pour in your suggestions, ideas, to make my classic a beauty !!!
Old 21st August 2010, 18:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekaran View Post
would a long strip of chrome - from the front to the rear, on the side of the car - look good ?

how about this?

Restoring my 1988 Contessa 1.8-dsc00512-copy.jpg
Old 21st August 2010, 20:11   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

What NINE whole days!!! and i stumbled into this thread only now!
And have been in team bhp for all these days from morning to night.
And didn't see this thread.
Conti,she is responsible why i found T-bhp,she is responsible why i became a member of the forum,and i found this only now!My bad.
Sorry, but i couldn't help it.She is been my love since i was 15 years and dreamt of owning here.But only now it dawned on me that was just puppy love! :-(
So to the topic.
Nice work there @shekhar. Lovely work u done there. Though not my fav colour it goes well with the car's character and the era it represented. So what you planning for the ORVMs? Don't ever put those Rs.120 plastic mirrors,but know that you would come up with something fit for it.
P.S; interior pics pleazzz.

Last edited by DicKy : 21st August 2010 at 20:19.
Old 22nd August 2010, 20:11   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycarhasablower View Post
No way should you go for the alloys, stick with the stock wheels. your car has the classic look and those alloys just dont gel with that look. It would be a mismatch that would mess up the rest of the effort youve put into the car.

And the colour is beautiful. After viraat put it into perspective with the vauxhall victor comparison, i realised what the car is heading for. Just perfect

Edit: i have this contessa in my area thats been modded very tastefully. it has metallic grey wheel rims and mercedez w123 bumpers with maruti 800 lights.
instead of the black , try this colour, its beautiful, though i am not sure if it will go with the green
Is this car yours buddy? I have seen this car once at a CNG service station in Kotla, it looked really beautiful, though it was dark in there. I guess it has a couple of antennaes coming out from the back too? I really liked how the interiors were done up, black leather with power window switches and stuff on a centre console type thing running from the dash to the place where the handbrakes are with a short shift gear lever in between. Could not get the interior pics though. Hope you can get them if the guy lives around your place. I also saw this car in Gurgaon later and I tried to catch up with him to get a better glimpse, but to no avail.
Attached is the only pic i got.
Attached Thumbnails
Restoring my 1988 Contessa 1.8-dfd.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks