Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2005, 01:09   #1
BHPian

Swift ZXI

I had booked the Swift ZXI (Beam Blue) at Spectra Motors on 11th of July, and I was just told by the Dealer that the car has been dispatched from the Maruti Factory on 18th of November and is expected to be in Mumbai within a week.

However since I will be going out of Mumbai for about three weeks, I intend to take the delivery around 18th of December. I am a bit concerned about the storage facilities of Spectra/Maruti at Vasai, I wonder whether it will be protected properly or will it be left out in the open in the sun and dust etc. They have told me that they will hold the car at their stockyard in Vasai and get it to Mumbai around the 12th so as to complete the registration formalities etc, to schedule the delivery around 18th of December.

I have a few questions,
What is the procedure of making the payment, do we have to make the complete cheque payment before the registration formalities, since the dealer is insisting on the same.

These are the accessories and things that I intend to carry out before delivery. I would appreciate if someone can give me some insight into competitive pricing elsewhere, and also what else is recommended, and what's not, and also some good alternative sources (outlets in the western suburbs of MUMBAI) for accessories as listed below

1)Mud flaps Set MGA 315.00
2)Body Side Moulding MGA Set 1207.00
3)Bumper Moulding Set MGA 562.00
4)Steering Wheel Cover MGA 573.00
5)Carpet Mats for ZXI (Matching the Upholstery) MGA 1162.00
6)Body Cover MGA 1582.00
7)Reverse Parking Sensor PS4(With 4 Sensors & LCD Display)MGA 6000.00
8)Digital Clock 610.00 (Not Available with the dealer at the moment)
9)Anti Corrosion Coating FUCOT 3000.00, 3 Years Warranty
10)Teflon Coating FUCOT 3600.00 2 Years Warranty
11)Sun Film for All windows V Kool 70% Protection 5300.00.
Checked directly with V-Kool at Vile Parle, and the pricing is 4000.00
12)Front Glass Film Garware 70% Protection 3250.00
(V-Kool prcing is 7000.00 for the wind shield)
13) JBL 6" Speakers GTO636e 3950.00 Per Set

I have a Pioneer HU DEH-P7450MP which I will be swapping from my old M800, Can anybody recommend the right type of speakers (only 4 speakers, Not High end) for this system. I intend to get them installed on the doors.

I guess I need to get the Music System, Parking sensors installed by the dealers, to avoid problems with Warranty etc.
Old 23rd November 2005, 08:03   #2
BHPian

It looks like it will cost you more than 30K for all the accessories you have mentioned..

3)Carpet Mats for ZXI (Matching the Upholstery) MGA 1162.00
4)Body Cover MGA 1582.00
5)Teflon Coating FUCOT 3600.00 2 Years
6)Sun Film for All windows V Kool 70% Protection 5300.00.I think i paid less for this but the guys messed it up with a relatively darker tint. I wanted the most transparent available.

My bits:

a)felt that the bumper moulding( front and rear) doesnt look that appealing as in the Getz . So Dint go for them.

b) The steering wheel feels/looks great wihout any cover. I would avoid it.

c)Do you really have to spend s much on the reverse sensors? i Suggest you look at leather seats or use it for your speakers/system.

d)Digital Clock was not Available with the dealer abt 5 months back also.
Old 23rd November 2005, 08:27   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni
It looks like it will cost you more than 30K for all the accessories you have mentioned..

3)Carpet Mats for ZXI (Matching the Upholstery) MGA 1162.00
4)Body Cover MGA 1582.00
5)Teflon Coating FUCOT 3600.00 2 Years
6)Sun Film for All windows V Kool 70% Protection 5300.00.I think i paid less for this but the guys messed it up with a relatively darker tint. I wanted the most transparent available.

These were the accessories we went in for our Red Zxi and it cost around 10K+ with some discounts.
Old 23rd November 2005, 09:01   #4
Team-BHP Support

Mud flaps Set MGA 315.00 - ok
Body Side Moulding MGA Set 1207.00 - ok - but check what it looks like
3)Bumper Moulding Set MGA 562.00 - look ugly
4)Steering Wheel Cover MGA 573.00 - Rs 250 you get a stanley one
5)Carpet Mats for ZXI (Matching the Upholstery) MGA 1162.00 - ok - but check outside -you can always get them later
6)Body Cover MGA 1582.00 - there is a dupont one which is really good
7)Reverse Parking Sensor PS4(With 4 Sensors & LCD Display)MGA 6000.00 - ouch - got a set fitted on my mothers getz for Rs 2800 - they need to prove that the system busted your car before claiming warranty issues
9)Anti Corrosion Coating FUCOT 3000.00, 3 Years Warranty - ok
10)Teflon Coating FUCOT 3600.00 2 Years Warranty - regular waxing will suffice
Checked directly with V-Kool at Vile Parle, and the pricing is 4000.00 - then go direct
(V-Kool prcing is 7000.00 for the wind shield) - this is the best
13) JBL 6" Speakers GTO636e 3950.00 Per Set - cannot comment - shop around
Old 23rd November 2005, 10:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Well Irwin, muni and ajmat have taken care of ur accessory suggestions.

My advice to u is to get the car out of the showroom as soon as it reaches it. The dealer might use it as a demo vehicle till u come, and thats the last thing anyone wants with their new car. Get someone to take the delivery as soon as it comes, if u're not present.
Old 23rd November 2005, 14:39   #6
BHPian

Swift ZXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Well Irwin, muni and ajmat have taken care of ur accessory suggestions.

My advice to u is to get the car out of the showroom as soon as it reaches it. The dealer might use it as a demo vehicle till u come, and thats the last thing anyone wants with their new car. Get someone to take the delivery as soon as it comes, if u're not present.
Thanks for your comments Nitrous,

Yeah, I wish I can take the delivery ASAP, having waited for so long. However, I am absolutely short of time to get anything organised to take the delivery. The car will not be brought to the showroom, I have been told that the car will be brought to mumbai from the storage yard around 12th of December after paying the octroi etc.

I have given a post dated cheque dated around that time, so after the cheque gets encashed, the procedure of registering the car etc will be started. So the car will be ready the day I come back. Anyway lets see, how it goes, I will keep you posted for more info as soon as I take the delivery, and take it for a spin.

By the way, are you aware of any known issues/problems with the Swift ZXI so far.
Old 23rd November 2005, 15:56   #7
BHPian

Thanks for your comments Ajmat,

Actually, even I too am not very much in favour of installing the body/bumper mouldings, but it seems that its the only way to keep the mumbai marauders causing the minor scratches on the bumpers and the sides of your car. The infamous mumbai traffic, especially the rickshaws coming and banging the rear either at the traffic lights or during slow moving stop and go traffic
Its very frustrating that you cannot do anything when someone comes and bangs your rear bumper/tail gate. I guess our's is the only country where the culprit will always blame the victim, either saying that one who was in the front applied sudden brakes, or saying that his leg slipped from the brake/clutch etc. All over the world, the person who bangs the car from the rear is responsible for the damages of both the parties involved in the mishap.

Regarding the Body cover, I acknowledge that dupont is indeed better than MGA. I will be going for DUPONT.
And also the Stanley Wheel Cover will be anyday better than MGA.

I think I will go ahead and take the delivery with minimum accessories / treatments, and later look around for accessories. and get the treatments done at competitive rates

Got in touch with the Stanley Representative in Mumbai, The leather seats will cost about 18,500.00 for the Swift. The accessory dealers located at the Maruti or any other car Dealers charge between 22,000.00 - 25,000.00.

Regarding the parking sensors on the GETZ, Can you please let me have some more details, Does it have a
LCD Graphic Display / LED Display / or just an Audible Alarm?,
How many sensors?, Name of the Manufacturer.
There are so many types in the market now, mostly from Taiwan and China, its difficult to determine which is better.
Do you mean there will be issues with the insurance/Car Manufacturer if we install the reverse parking sensors, Doesn't it avoid accidental damages to the car while reversing?. I guess the insurance companies should encourage to install them rather than creating issues for warranty/coverage. Elsewhere insurance always considers a rebate in premium for any safety equipment additions. Like a car with a security system attracts lesser insurance premium than a car which doesnt have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Mud flaps Set MGA 315.00 - ok
Body Side Moulding MGA Set 1207.00 - ok - but check what it looks like
3)Bumper Moulding Set MGA 562.00 - look ugly
4)Steering Wheel Cover MGA 573.00 - Rs 250 you get a stanley one
5)Carpet Mats for ZXI (Matching the Upholstery) MGA 1162.00 - ok - but check outside -you can always get them later
6)Body Cover MGA 1582.00 - there is a dupont one which is really good
7)Reverse Parking Sensor PS4(With 4 Sensors & LCD Display)MGA 6000.00 - ouch - got a set fitted on my mothers getz for Rs 2800 - they need to prove that the system busted your car before claiming warranty issues
9)Anti Corrosion Coating FUCOT 3000.00, 3 Years Warranty - ok
10)Teflon Coating FUCOT 3600.00 2 Years Warranty - regular waxing will suffice
Checked directly with V-Kool at Vile Parle, and the pricing is 4000.00 - then go direct
(V-Kool prcing is 7000.00 for the wind shield) - this is the best
13) JBL 6" Speakers GTO636e 3950.00 Per Set - cannot comment - shop around
Old 23rd November 2005, 16:06   #8
Team-BHP Support

Regarding the parking sensors on the GETZ, Can you please let me have some more details, Does it have a
LCD Graphic Display / LED Display / or just an Audible Alarm?,
How many sensors?, Name of the Manufacturer.
There are so many types in the market now, mostly from Taiwan and China, its difficult to determine which is better.
Do you mean there will be issues with the insurance/Car Manufacturer if we install the reverse parking sensors, Doesn't it avoid accidental damages to the car while reversing?. I guess the insurance companies should encourage to install them rather than creating issues for warranty/coverage. Elsewhere insurance always considers a rebate in premium for any safety equipment additions. Like a car with a security system attracts lesser insurance premium than a car which doesnt have one.

It is a taiwanese - four sensor system - well worth the money - has a small dial giving sitance to object - about as big a a digital clock - I do nto see issues
Old 23rd November 2005, 21:44   #9
Team-BHP Support

Guys, can the ZXi accomodate electrically operated side rear view mirrors? Vitesse says no and also says that my warranty will be void if i get a 3rd party to install them.

I prefer to get my non electrical accerories outside (usually at my car stereo installer) the car dealer. their prices are uaually ridiculous.

BTW Maruti dealers have been very sticky when it comes to offering any freebies (even floor mats) with the Swift. Any idea what I can negotiate for?
Old 23rd November 2005, 22:12   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Guys, can the ZXi accomodate electrically operated side rear view mirrors? Vitesse says no and also says that my warranty will be void if i get a 3rd party to install them.
What would go wrong to begin with ?

1: If they are so sticky then why supply the car without a stereo ?
2: The stereo you fit is the same that they fit !
3: The accessory fitment area is a seperate business entity (in most cases - dealers cousin once removed) than the dealer so the left hand will not know whether the right hand fitted the stereo and I doubt there will be no record. Make sure your man disconnects battery and is wiring up things in a confident manner.
However, if it was a merc/ bmw - then I woudl advise different. If there is an warranty issue - play dumb and tell the service advisor that it was fitted in Vitesse (or go somewhere else) - I doubt they will have any records or even bother unless it is something major

4: If a wheel bearing goes, they cannot legally blame the aftermarket stereo fitment
Old 24th November 2005, 05:47   #11
BHPian

Quote:
BTW Maruti dealers have been very sticky when it comes to offering any freebies (even floor mats) with the Swift. Any idea what I can negotiate for?

They are indeed sticky and also seem to be thinking that delivering the car at such a low price doesnt warrant any freebies. Its like some charity work they are doing for the customers and hope they are showing this for tax cuts in their annual financial disclosures

But you still can demand the Door Mats anyway.

Maybe when the demand starts to slow down , they will start offering goodies to sustain the sales. We did not get any freebies but got the car before the price hike and that was the only discount ( About 15k).
Old 24th November 2005, 13:05   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat

1: If they are so sticky then why supply the car without a stereo ?
2: The stereo you fit is the same that they fit !
4: If a wheel bearing goes, they cannot legally blame the aftermarket stereo fitment
this was exactly my argument! Go figure.

After talking to Vitesse (I have booke the car through them) I called up Sah and Sanghi and they said they could fit a stereo. Vitesse insists that if I fit a stereo they will void the warranty. problem is if i cancel my booking with vitesse and go to Sah and Sanghi I would have to wait for the Swift all over again.

Wierd people these Vitesse guys are.

BTW anyone know if one can fit electrically controlled mirrors (left and right) on the Swift?
Old 23rd December 2005, 16:34   #13
Max
BHPian

Quote:
this was exactly my argument! Go figure.

After talking to Vitesse (I have booke the car through them) I called up Sah and Sanghi and they said they could fit a stereo. Vitesse insists that if I fit a stereo they will void the warranty. problem is if i cancel my booking with vitesse and go to Sah and Sanghi I would have to wait for the Swift all over again.

Wierd people these Vitesse guys are.

BTW anyone know if one can fit electrically controlled mirrors (left and right) on the Swift?
if i were you i would have cancelled the booking. :WTF: ***, why can't i get audio system installed from outside ? i don't think this void warranty because i have seen many many car owners installing all mods stuff from outside!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks