Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 16:21   #1
BHPian

Swift vdi aftermarket suspension

Hi guys,
I am in the market for suspension upgrade as after enlarging my tires to 195/60/15 my suspension has gone horrible, i could feel slightest potholes with a big thud. Now i am wondering if i should go for MG suspension or some after market one. If somebody can suggest a good one with a nice price tag, it be wonderful.

Thankyou
Old 9th September 2010, 20:04   #2

Hey buddy i am facing the same problem with the same profile as yours in my Swift Vdi on these bad mumbai roads. And i am looking for the same , replacing my suspension. please let me know if you get these suspension we will buy it together for cost reduction.Please PM me If you get anything. How are these MG suspension??
Old 9th September 2010, 20:43   #3
BANNED

i think road are too bad

hi
guy i was in mumbai for 5 days i also have a swift vdi abs
i think the road are really bad nothing can be done i drive 1 day is bad mumbai traffic and my whole body pained
for after market suspension there are my taiwan brand avaible at affordable price like d 2 more expensive brands are koni and bilstein all cost above 50k(koni and bilstein)
i heard d2 suspension is sold bye n1 enginner anang
he is located in prabahadevi u can check his name in team bhp tunner section
narry
Old 10th September 2010, 12:46   #4

Hey narry thanks for the info it will be very useful for me. I will surely check about this.
Old 28th December 2010, 16:08   #5
BHPian

Re: Swift vdi aftermarket suspension

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Using Team-BHP to promote vested and commercial interests is STRICTLY prohibited. Do refrain from marketing your goods / services on the board.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by GTO : 29th December 2010 at 12:11.
orangelephant is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th December 2010, 15:05   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy3660 View Post
Hi guys,
I am in the market for suspension upgrade as after enlarging my tires to 195/60/15 my suspension has gone horrible, i could feel slightest potholes with a big thud. Now i am wondering if i should go for MG suspension or some after market one. If somebody can suggest a good one with a nice price tag, it be wonderful.

Thankyou
You are looking for comfort suspension upgrade?

If yes that back to MG suspension, Because all after market will stiffen the ride as they are more performance oriented.

If you want to get back to comfort then you need to shift back to 14" with tyres with a soft side wall.
Old 4th January 2011, 12:22   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post

If yes that back to MG suspension, Because all after market will stiffen the ride as they are more performance oriented.

If you want to get back to comfort then you need to shift back to 14" with tyres with a soft side wall.
Yeah Noida boy i think you are absolutely right about rolling back to stock rim size. My next tyre change would be on stock size, until then will have to suffer .

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane11 View Post
Hey buddy i am facing the same problem with the same profile as yours in my Swift Vdi on these bad mumbai roads. And i am looking for the same , replacing my suspension. please let me know if you get these suspension we will buy it together for cost reduction.Please PM me If you get anything. How are these MG suspension??
Hey buddy i have gone for the front suspension change MG one, and obviously it feels good, but not like on stock car. And my steering too didn't came to stock feeling, its quite heavy.

Last edited by samy3660 : 4th January 2011 at 12:24.
Old 19th January 2011, 15:32   #8
BHPian

Its for my 2005 SWIFT ZXI suspension upgrade. To start with i will upgrade only the rear shocks this weekend. I understand the rear shocks in swift are oil filled. Can i upgrade them to Dzire shocks (gas filled) for better performace ?
Old 19th January 2011, 17:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narry View Post
hi
guy i was in mumbai for 5 days i also have a swift vdi abs
i think the road are really bad nothing can be done i drive 1 day is bad mumbai traffic and my whole body pained
for after market suspension there are my taiwan brand avaible at affordable price like d 2 more expensive brands are koni and bilstein all cost above 50k(koni and bilstein)
he is located in prabahadevi u can check his name in team bhp tunner section
narry
Narry, guess you should give us some info about the one you sell but not try to sell them using Team-BHP posts

And like noidaboy, I doubt if Koni or Bilstein would give comfort. IIRC, they are mostly suited for performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravigop View Post
Its for my 2005 SWIFT ZXI suspension upgrade. To start with i will upgrade only the rear shocks this weekend. I understand the rear shocks in swift are oil filled. Can i upgrade them to Dzire shocks (gas filled) for better performace ?
Gas shockers should work better but not sure if its a direct fit.
Old 19th January 2011, 17:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

Re: i think road are too bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by narry View Post
hi
price like d 2 more expensive brands are koni and bilstein all cost above 50k(koni and bilstein)
u can check his name
narry
Ussing proper English would be a lot good in TBhp and moreover SMS lingo is not allowed too.
Old 19th January 2011, 17:45   #11
Senior - BHPian

I really don't understand how a 12.5 mm reduction in sidewall (from 185/70/14 to 19560/15) will make such a difference to ride quality. After all some similar cars to the swift, like Punto, come with this size as OE? Is it then dependent on suspension setup?
Old 20th January 2011, 18:09   #12

Hey Samy please let me know how much did you pay for your front suspension ? as i am going to change it .
Old 11th October 2011, 10:09   #13
BHPian

Hey guys,

Did you guys manage to change the suspension setup? I know its been about 10 - 11 months since this post went cold and am assuming it is way overdue for you guys to change the setup. I have a '07 Swift VXi running on 195/60R15s on OZ Record wheels. I really need to change the front suspensions. I've done over 60k in the car and it is now showing age. I'm inclined to get the Koni setup from Anant over the Bilstein setup from Rishad.

Budget is the word of these times and Koni is working out to be way more cost effective. Also, I'm in Worli and N1 is just at Lower Parel making it easier for me to reach. What is the collective experience in the group saying? Koni or Bilstein or Stock or Any Other?
Old 17th October 2011, 19:00   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Narry, guess you should give us some info about the one you sell but not try to sell them using Team-BHP posts

And like noidaboy, I doubt if Koni or Bilstein would give comfort. IIRC, they are mostly suited for performance.

Gas shockers should work better but not sure if its a direct fit.
hi jk how are you
well i donot live in india i live in china so i sell there
for good shock i think can check kyb them cost in china for suzuki swift 3500 rmb
i was planing visit you guys last week but i had to go back
to work in china
hope next time can visit you guys in kerala

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks