Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2010, 22:26   #1
BHPian

Tcop - Talk to your car even after it's stolen

Hi All,
Just came across an article on Tcop - a car security device (GPS and mobile enabled) that can send sms/track movement of last 72 hours, etc.

Website for the security device: Tcop - Secure and manage car using your mobile phone

At Rs. 7000 seems to be a good buy... Presently available only in Blore...

Any members in Blore have installed it? reviews pls...

Rgds--
Old 7th September 2010, 23:26   #2
BHPian

Nice find there. Similar to MicroVB but their website does not talk about how the device looks and about installation. Maybe someone now can buy and post a review here
Old 9th September 2010, 17:18   #3
BHPian

I was looking for such a thread.

Recently I heard about news in which a IT professional was driving with his wife and kid in Sector 61, Noida. Three men came to them and overpowered them on the gunpoint. They took keys from them and then just took away the car.

Now this can happy to anyone in NCR region. You might be the unlucky one travelling with your vehicle in the deserted place and two three person can overpower you if they find you alone in a deserted place.
There are lot of safety devices like Burglars alarm, Handle lock, gear lock etc which can help if only vehicle is parked and you are not there around. It can raise alarm if your vehicle is parked in market place but what safety features are available for such a scenario when one is taking car infront of you.
No doubt one can take precautions of keeping pepper spray, hockey stick but if you are surrounded by three four person having gun than one can hardly do anything. (In the Noida case let me tell you it is one of the busy area of Noida and still that IT professional was not able to raise alarm)

The device which you have mentioned is surely a boon for such scenario where after the vehicle is stolen one can go to police station and tell them to look for the vehicle by finding the exact location.

What are the other options available in the market for tracking the vehicle after being stolen or make car dead based on a single button.

BHPians who are using these devices than please provide an insight of them
Old 9th September 2010, 17:36   #4
SMK
BHPian

Looks like a great buy, I am sure to buy one if i get to know some reviews on this device.
Old 9th September 2010, 18:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

Its similar to MicroVBB which i have in my car-

http://www.microvbb.net/
Old 9th September 2010, 18:25   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Its similar to MicroVBB which i have in my car-

MicroVBB
Raj can you please share the performance of device and cost breakup with us. Also are there any dealership located in the Delhi/NCR region.

This product as such looks great but there are many cases in which due to faulty sensors of the security devices passengers in the vehicle face the problem.

Just curious that the system does such things which are mentioned in their site
Old 9th September 2010, 22:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Badguy> View Post
Raj can you please share the performance of device and cost breakup with us. Also are there any dealership located in the Delhi/NCR region.

This product as such looks great but there are many cases in which due to faulty sensors of the security devices passengers in the vehicle face the problem.

Just curious that the system does such things which are mentioned in their site
you can have look here-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...black-box.html
Old 9th September 2010, 22:54   #8
Senior - BHPian

The TCop site throwing a 509 error; Bandwidth Limit Exceeded.
http://www.tcop.co.in/

Old 10th September 2010, 18:22   #9

i am working on something like a IVR you can dial to the celphone attached to the car and you can dial the number and the IVR walks you through the options that would even disable the engine. looking for a telecom expert to comment on this and see if we can fit a computer which would do the IVR
Old 21st March 2011, 13:57   #10
BANNED

Re: Tcop - Talk to your car even after it's stolen

I also though of going for similar system and Caleld up MicroVBB people.

They refused to come to my place for Demo or for Installation and then I went to their Distributor's office for Installation. They stuggled for approx. 4 hours to find out the wiring mechanism in my car and finally I got a jolt when my Car's OEM Fitted Central Locking stopped working.

They took my car to some AutoCop installer and he also refused to rectify and finally I was forced to pay for the repair of Central Locking and later MicroVBB guy called and told me that he will pay the cost and come to my premises on 20-3-2011 for installation. The whole day I was kept on waiting but no body turned up and no body bothered to inform me whether they will perform the job or not.
Old 9th April 2013, 16:10   #11
BHPian

Re: Tcop - Talk to your car even after it's stolen

This thread about TCOP is quite, has anybody installed it? Any reviews of its performance and support from iTRANS?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks