Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2011, 18:36   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Turbocharged Suzuki Baleno (low boost). My daily driver

I cant believe I had missed this thread, sounds like a reliable build ! Could you post some pictures of the build/turbo position etc ?

Last edited by theMAG : 22nd January 2011 at 18:58.
Old 22nd January 2011, 18:56   #17
BHPian

Will post pics sometime soon. The set up looks slightly different with different intake pipes (mostly hidden below intercooler plumbing), the visible difference would be a new turbo heat shield instead of the hand cut aluminium piece as seen in the earlier pic.
Old 22nd January 2011, 19:00   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Which engine oil are you using/does this engine oil hold up for some reasonable duration (> 5000 kms) ?
Old 22nd January 2011, 19:09   #19
BHPian

Im using regular non synthetic engine oil. I check the engine oil frequently. It seems to be doing its job just fine. But, the case may be quite different if I were pushing it harder (race etc) or run higher boost for longer.

Presently, the setup is not that hard on the internals considering its running a relatively small TRD turbo on mild boost.
Old 3rd April 2017, 23:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftboost View Post
Im using regular non synthetic engine oil. I check the engine oil frequently. It seems to be doing its job just fine. But, the case may be quite different if I were pushing it harder (race etc) or run higher boost for longer.

Presently, the setup is not that hard on the internals considering its running a relatively small TRD turbo on mild boost.
Hey Swiftboost I just bumped into this thread after a good 6 years I believe. I have a stock Baleno which has done barely 53k clicks on the odometer in 10 years. I was wondering of a similar setup. Could you help me with some details please?
Old 4th April 2017, 17:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_9191 View Post
Hey Swiftboost I just bumped into this thread after a good 6 years I believe. I have a stock Baleno which has done barely 53k clicks on the odometer in 10 years. I was wondering of a similar setup. Could you help me with some details please?
Hey Ron,

Yes, its been a long 7-8 years after doing this build. I should say my turbo setup has done well over the years.

A relatively low mileage engine like your makes it a good candidate to do a similar build.

Let me know what info/help you need with your turbo build.

Maybe u can start by asking yourself these questions -
1. What would you want out of the build (a. Reliability, Performance, gas mileage etc ... and prioritize the list)
2. Stock internals low boost build or upgraded internals higher boost build
3. Parts selection and sourcing and how to import the needed parts
4. A Garage/ mechanic/tuner to do the build for you (and a criteria to select a capable pair of hands

Good luck
Joe
swiftboost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 20:14   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftboost View Post
Hey Ron,

Yes, its been a long 7-8 years after doing this build. I should say my turbo setup has done well over the years.

A relatively low mileage engine like your makes it a good candidate to do a similar build.

Let me know what info/help you need with your turbo build.

Maybe u can start by asking yourself these questions -
1. What would you want out of the build (a. Reliability, Performance, gas mileage etc ... and prioritize the list)
2. Stock internals low boost build or upgraded internals higher boost build
3. Parts selection and sourcing and how to import the needed parts
4. A Garage/ mechanic/tuner to do the build for you (and a criteria to select a capable pair of hands

Good luck
Joe
Hey Joe!

Thanks for your response! Man that was fast considering this thread is 7 years old. Wow!

Anyways here's what I am looking for, my Baleno has seriously served me well all these years and all the 53k I have clocked on it, most of it is my traveling between Bangalore and my hometown Quilon (Kollam) in Kerala. Till date the car has held so strong. But may be my car's a BS3 spec and something tells me there's a lot more it can offer in power and torque through out the revs.

So my priority is definitely

1. Performance - Anything between 130 - 150BHP (I don't want power that would destroy a dyno and too much power without control makes you corrupt with the loud pedal )

2. Reliability - Extremely important my usage is purely on the highway and if I can have a turbo that I can ride through, that will be the best thing I could do to my car. So a low boost set up makes sense for the longevity of my beloved beast.

3. Fuel efficiency - Of course important if I can get a better FE with a low boost setup, that is a lottery. Wish I could hook up a KERS and DRS

High/low Boost

I am seriously considering a stock setup with stock internals and a low boost setup. Dont really want to open up the engine and burn my wallet

Points 3 and 4 you've mentioned, I wish I could get some guidance from you. That would be of great help
Old 4th April 2017, 21:25   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_9191 View Post
Hey Joe!

Thanks for your response! Man that was fast considering this thread is 7 years old. Wow!

Anyways here's what I am looking for, my Baleno has seriously served me well all these years and all the 53k I have clocked on it, most of it is my traveling between Bangalore and my hometown Quilon (Kollam) in Kerala. Till date the car has held so strong. But may be my car's a BS3 spec and something tells me there's a lot more it can offer in power and torque through out the revs.

So my priority is definitely

1. Performance - Anything between 130 - 150BHP (I don't want power that would destroy a dyno and too much power without control makes you corrupt with the loud pedal )

2. Reliability - Extremely important my usage is purely on the highway and if I can have a turbo that I can ride through, that will be the best thing I could do to my car. So a low boost set up makes sense for the longevity of my beloved beast.

3. Fuel efficiency - Of course important if I can get a better FE with a low boost setup, that is a lottery. Wish I could hook up a KERS and DRS

High/low Boost

I am seriously considering a stock setup with stock internals and a low boost setup. Dont really want to open up the engine and burn my wallet

Points 3 and 4 you've mentioned, I wish I could get some guidance from you. That would be of great help

I subscribe to your thought. Reminds me of myself when I started off with my build back then.

3. For Parts -
You could research and also ask friends here on the forum.

For getting parts to India - a good option would be if you have friends/relatives/colleagues who can hand carry some parts for you from outside India. That may save you some money on shipping/customs.

You could also order online and get it shipped through services like borderlinks or other similar services.

4. You could do some first hand research by talking to people and also talk talk to people here on the forum for suggestion and advice
Old 15th January 2024, 21:08   #24

Hey Joe,

Do you recommend any good fabricators or machine shops in Bangalore which can provide high quality customized fabrications? I’m looking to get some parts customized and would greatly appreciate some recommendations!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks