Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2010, 14:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

Steering Wheel Hub Adaptor for A-Star

Where can i buy the steering wheel hub adaptor for the A-Star? Does a Swift steering wheel hub adaptor suit the A-Star?

Anyone knows?

Edit: Also from where can i buy Momo steering wheels?

Last edited by Sankar : 8th October 2010 at 14:56.
Old 8th October 2010, 17:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Where can i buy the steering wheel hub adaptor for the A-Star? Does a Swift steering wheel hub adaptor suit the A-Star?

Anyone knows?

Edit: Also from where can i buy Momo steering wheels?
You can source the steering HUB from any decent accessory shop.
Are you changing your steering wheel to MOMO?If so you can source the Hub locally.
You can buy the original MOMO stuff online.
As far as my knowlege goes many MOMO's available in the market here are not Genuine.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 8th October 2010 at 17:20.
Old 8th October 2010, 21:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Can you recommend a website from where i can buy Momo, if they ship to India it would be great!
Local accessory shops don't have any idea about AStar's hub adaptor. Probably because they haven't swapped any yet. If the Swift adaptor suits it would be easy to source one.
I too am wary about the fake Momo's in the local market. Do they have any official distributor here in India?
Old 8th October 2010, 21:31   #4
BHPian

just look in the classifieds there were a few momo steering available a couple of days back. and any shop that sells steering (fake/genuine/non-momo) can find you the hub.
Old 8th October 2010, 21:36   #5
JVH
Senior - BHPian

For my Palio, I had ordered a Momo and the hub from ebay Australian site about 2 years ago. Now there is a dedicated section for Car parts and accessories called ebay motors (within ebay itself). You can strike some good deals there. Sadly both of them are lying idle :-(

Plz don't buy it locally. Most of them aren't genuine.

Last edited by JVH : 8th October 2010 at 21:43.
Old 11th October 2010, 10:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

JVH, why are you not using them?
I'm trying to source the Swift steering hub adaptor, it might work in AStar.

Akshaymahajan, I saw those ads but the design is not what i'm looking for.
Old 11th October 2010, 10:22   #7
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
JVH, why are you not using them?
I'm trying to source the Swift steering hub adaptor, it might work in AStar.
Plane laziness Sankar. I had gone to my mechanic about a year ago with all enthu for the installation. But again, I thought why would I want to change an already excellent steering wheel. So, I held back then and am holding them till today. So, in a nutshell it was a bad investment by me

Am also on the lookout for a Jeep/Gypsy early next year. So I might plonk the steering wheel then. But the hub which is specific to Palio will be a waste :-(
Old 25th October 2010, 18:53   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Plane laziness Sankar. I had gone to my mechanic about a year ago with all enthu for the installation. But again, I thought why would I want to change an already excellent steering wheel. So, I held back then and am holding them till today.
Yes makes perfect sense! No point unless there is a purpose to it.

I'm doing this to help my posture, since i've had a major back surgery its very hard for me to sit anywhere with my back relaxed/pain free. Car seat is nowhere close to being comfortable over long durations or inside heavy traffic. The most comfortable position for me is to have my legs stretched out some and the seat backrest wee bit inclined. But at this position my hands don't reach the wheel well enough to do a perfect strain free rotation or to rest in a relaxed position on the wheel. So i figured with the wheel closer to me i can have the stretch legged and comfortable steer the vehicle without straining my back. With this in mind i picked up a deep dish wheel from momo and a slightly taller than stock gear knob to bring thestick closer to me and the wheel. Hub adapter is for the Swift and i hope it fits my AStar. Hub adapter too is Momo.

Here are the pics.
Momo Drifting 330mm. 90mm Dish
Steering Wheel Hub Adaptor for A-Star-img00040201010251743.jpg
Dish
Steering Wheel Hub Adaptor for A-Star-img00045201010251855.jpg

Gear Knob and Hub adapter
Steering Wheel Hub Adaptor for A-Star-img00044201010251817.jpg
Steering Wheel Hub Adaptor for A-Star-img00043201010251816.jpg

Last edited by Sankar : 25th October 2010 at 18:57.
Old 25th October 2010, 20:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

sankar that steering looks neat dude. How did you order them, online or picked it up from a local store ?There are quite a few places in town who sell fakes/lookalikes of the momo. Its quite tough to distinguish between the fakes and the original one's.
Old 26th October 2010, 07:09   #10
Senior - BHPian

Bought it from Europe, didn't want to risk buying it locally. The hub even came with a fuse connected to a length of wire. Wonder what that is for? Airbag maybe?
Old 26th October 2010, 09:38   #11
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Looks really nice Sankar! Please do post pics of the install and the end result.

Also, the horn placement might be a bit awkward in the beginning but you'll eventually get used to it.
Old 26th October 2010, 20:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

Installed the steering wheel with the help of my friend Tony. Taking off the horn pad of the stock wheel was easy. I pulled it out and then turned it 90* to take it out.

Steering wheel is held down by a 17mm nut. We undid the nut but the wheel didn't want to come off. So off we went to a mech he knew and he popped it out with some heavy blows to the underside of the wheel.

Next we drove back to Tony's place, pulled out the wheel and put the hub on, secured the wheel to the hub using supplied allen bolt and key, adjusted the wheel few times to align it perfectly with the tyres and we were done.

The steering wheel is mighty comfortable and my hands feel good. The distance between the stalk and the wheel has increased by a fair bit (which was expected) but have to get used to it.

The indicator auto cancel doesn't work as of now, but i'm confident that it can be made to work with some work. Otherwise the hub is a perfect fit.

PS: The stock steering wheel is very heavy!
Steering Wheel Hub Adaptor for A-Star-img00046201010261739.jpg

Steering Wheel Hub Adaptor for A-Star-img00054201010261936.jpg

Steering Wheel Hub Adaptor for A-Star-img00050201010261931.jpg
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 21:14   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: Steering Wheel Hub Adaptor for A-Star

Quote:
The indicator auto cancel doesn't work as of now, but i'm confident that it can be made to work with some work. Otherwise the hub is a perfect fit.
The indicator auto cancel works now And here is my current steering wheel. Since this is not a deepdish wheel i'm using a spacer to bring to closer.

Steering Wheel Hub Adaptor for A-Star-20110621-18.15.31.jpg

Steering Wheel Hub Adaptor for A-Star-20110704-17.52.00.jpg
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 21:47   #14
BHPian

This one looks better, with that contoured grip. Is that the reason you changed the first one?
Old 23rd September 2011, 22:03   #15
Senior - BHPian

The first one looks more charming to me. The interior ambiance changed a lot with the new wheels.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks