Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2010, 21:12   #1

Tata Nano - Want a glove compartment

Dear fellow Bhpians,

It's been a year we've got the Tata Nano. However, absence of the glove compartment is a serious trouble.

If any one here has a Tata Nano customized to accommodate a glove compartment or has done an alternate arrangement - some sort of modification, please guide me.

Sincere Thanks,
Old 8th October 2010, 21:47   #2
BHPian

How about getting an aftermarket arm rest which if im not mistaken has a storage compartment. This will save you from the hassles of getting something customized and will save some cash too. The arm rest costs something arnd 1000 bux, the only thing is it should fit the nano.
Old 9th October 2010, 00:15   #3

Thanks Ripper. That's a good idea! Something between the two seats But wonder if Tata Nano can support that sort of a fitting. Isn't there any way to have a storage box or glove box on the front left seat?

p.s. - now aftermarket parts are kinda scary thing for me. Esp. since the car is in Nasik. We know a few automotive spare part dealers, I guess they wud charge reasonably. BTW, how much will the new one cost? Do you know of a proper website for finding price ranges for car spares? I tried googling it but got more of alibaba & made-in-china types.
Old 9th October 2010, 00:38   #4
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...found-one.html

SEE this^^^

@leapyearguy: By aftermarket i meant new but non standard parts which can be bought off the shelf from any car accessory shops/dealers. Hope this helps
Old 11th October 2010, 17:59   #5

Hey Ripper, thats so kind of you to clarify and share detailed post with pics.
When I go back home this month, will try and fix this thing. If its done by Sunday, shall share my photos too.

Rite now my car is back to the dealer - battery was defective, we've asked them to replace it. Right from the 8th month battery always went down.
Old 12th October 2010, 15:01   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

There is a lot of space below the center console (dashboard), and ahead of the gear lever. Check the Nano official accessory list or with your local accessory shop. Should be easy to fit a small storage compartment there, the kind we used to see in Maruti 800s.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks