Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2005, 20:45   #1
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Need Help for Modification

Hi Team-Bhpians. I have an ikon 1.6 sxi .Now i Want to totally modify my car but first i need the cost as currently i dont have any fund.I am writing my list down if anyone can help in suggesting waht to put i'll be delighted. The list goes as follows:-

1. Body modification.( the design will be mine)
2. Loud sound system with 3 woffers.(you suggest currently i have a pioneer p1y h/u, 2 soundstream speakers 120W,at the back and ford speakers in front)
3. Performance kit to boost the power.
4. Lights (eg:- neons, strobe lights,xenons,etc.)
5. Nice alloys (help me with the size currently i have 14" want to go for 15")

I think its enough,now you help me with your suggestion, also can i have good milage and power at same time (actually i'll also be happy if i get only sport car sound without power .)
Old 5th December 2005, 21:07   #2
BANNED

Hey Srk,

I suggest you first work out your budget as it is difficult to advise without knowing that. Looking at your list you are easily looking at a 1.5lacs + cost.

Let us know exactly what you want. You need to find someone who will modify your body as per your design(very expensive and time consuming). You need to put better front speakers, also I did not see any amps listed you will need at least 2 nos 4 channel amps for your requirement. There is no performance kit as such but for e.g. free flow + K&N filter + porting/polishing + plugs & plug wires should set you back by approx. 35k. Your rims and tyres approx 40-45k depending on the brand and finish you choose

Viper
Old 5th December 2005, 22:31   #3
BHPian

Dude,
Sxi already has a sporty Front bumper , i recommend dont change that it already looks great, get a side & rear Skirt installed preferably carbon fibre and a good spoiler.
Performance...... well i had done plenty of research on ikon Rocam engine i can guide you for that, theres nothing like a performance kit apart from Nos Kit, modification should be done step by step starting with intake & Free flow Exhaust u can also add a turbo to it later, For I.C.E its better you post your requirement separately in ICE Section dont look anywhere else, I had installed 15" in my ikon with 195/50/15 thats the correct size for 15" the handling was excellent but make sure you get Proper Offset for your alloy rims other wise it will scrap behind, I recommend you modify your engine first and later on body kit,Xenons,ICE,etc.

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 5th December 2005 at 22:34.
Old 5th December 2005, 23:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Well u've got pretty much eveting covered in ur list there. But just in case u get a heavy body mod done, make sure ur car goes as fast as it looks too, cuz otherwise it'll be like "All show and no go"

@Ford Rocam
I doub't he'll be able to afford carbon fibre stuff in the tight budget that he is in..but there are a lot of carbon fibre look-alikes arnd
Old 6th December 2005, 20:54   #5
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for your suggestion. Ford rocam can you explian me why do we need nos in cities, ive seen in movies like 2fast2furious they use use nos to increase acceleration, but in india if you use it I think the front car driver will kill you for banging into his car.
Old 7th December 2005, 22:03   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK
Thanks guys for your suggestion. Ford rocam can you explian me why do we need nos in cities, ive seen in movies like 2fast2furious they use use nos to increase acceleration, but in india if you use it I think the front car driver will kill you for banging into his car.

No I cannot explain that cause nobody uses Nos in City Traffic
Old 7th December 2005, 23:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK
We do not need to use NOS in cities. It is sensible only to use it in Racing events. Movies are made for entartainment and should not be taken seriously at all (Definately not 2F2F)
Old 8th December 2005, 03:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

if you just need a good exhaust note ...just go for a big fat loud free flow man ..throw in a performance k&n for that sweet induction note ... that shd add a few horses and lighten up the throttle further ..

if you are looking for body kit designs - look up www.cardomain.com and search for the same gen Fiesta .. but the SXI like rocam said looks fine unless you want to go for a dropped look stick to the factory fitted sport package and just add side skirts ...
Old 8th December 2005, 19:34   #9
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for your suggestions.So now i know what to do i.e. add side skirts, freeflow exhaust system, neons, xenon and alloys.
Old 13th December 2005, 19:35   #10
SRK
Senior - BHPian

ok godfather as you say ill cut off the neons what about strobe lights.
Old 30th December 2005, 16:52   #11
BHPian

I dont know about mumbai but up north we have a lot of people making bdy kits now, wonder how many of them do quality work though?!
Old 30th December 2005, 20:56   #12
BHPian

The show stuff

Hey bro...
Everybody is giving you ideas... now lemme show you the way...
I can get you the show stuff... U want underbody neons... Strobes... Xenon HID kits... Decals...
Remember me when u need them.... I can get u stuffs cheap and rare items...
Send me a private message once u are ready for them...

Regards
Happy tuning...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks