Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2005, 12:12   #1

Nitrous Oxide availability?

What is the availability of nitrous oxide in the country? Me and a friend built a homemade Kit a while ago but the project was left incomplete as we were never able to find anyone who would sell us the gas. Now that I'm in the US my friend back home wants me to send him a cylinder but before I do that I want to find out if I have any options....Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Old 8th December 2005, 13:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

Man, u can contact members 'domnic' or 'psycho' for the NOS bottles and refills in bangalore. i remember domnic saying refills for Nitrous would cost less than Rs.1000.
Old 8th December 2005, 22:37   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

yup NOS refills are being charged at 1000 bucks a bottle..u can PM me for the address..
Old 9th December 2005, 01:32   #4
BHPian

way to go

hey ashwin not bad mann ! so have you tested your hommade nos kit?? i saw this site to that gave details for making your own nos kit but never really tried it out !! well you can get cyliders refilled from a medical supplier nitrous oxide is clinically used (laughing gas) so find yourself a medical supplier ! and keep us posted on how it goes!! best of luck!! oh by the way what car are you installing it on??
Old 11th December 2005, 18:02   #5

You wont get as much per cylinder for the medical grade though. The car stuff is kept under higher pressure I think. That and some NOs these days is suposed to have some "additives" in it :S
Old 12th December 2005, 12:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You wont get as much per cylinder for the medical grade though. The car stuff is kept under higher pressure I think. That and some NOs these days is suposed to have some "additives" in it :S

there is no difference in medical grade and the ones in the states. just the sulphur content. Power wise both are the same. pressure variates according to ambient temperature.

in bangalore you can contact Southern Gas for refilling of n2o tel: 080-28395867.

in the homemade kit which cylinder did you use?, if you used the medical ones it probably will not work, as there is no siphon tube. the engine needs liquid n2o which is siphoned from the bottom of the bottles. Else you will have the mount you bottles in such a way that liquid n2o is fed to the fogger.
Solenoids if you are using LPG ones i hope you have changed the spring inside to hold higher pressure, coz the lpg ones tend to get stuck, and you will have some problem, the fuel soleniod is not that great a problem as the mpfi lpg fuel solenoids can hold high pressures upto 60psi.

cheers
dom

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks