Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2010, 01:58   #1
BHPian

Fiat Linea Silver: Major scratch problems...

1.5 years I managed to keep my car practically scratch/dent free.

I guess someone did not like it at all.

My car was sort of vandalized earlier today. These are the four major scratches I noticed. There might be more...

My question... What can I do about these? Would a Fiat service station (that means a Tata service station) help me out? Or I should check out some third party paint shop?

I live in Gurgaon. Any local recommendations would be more than welcome.

Last edited by Sushubh : 5th November 2010 at 01:59.
Old 5th November 2010, 08:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Are the scratches catching your fingernail when you go across to the scratch!??

If not, then its just a spot compound and polishing job and it'll be back to normal!!

if it is catching your nail(and if its factory paint) then the defects are probably too deep to be corrected by a compounding job, and might need a spot repaint and refinishing (whole panel doesn't need repainting!!!)

Also, do you notice some kind of depression along the scratch line?

And if possible, always use a quality car cover to hide your car from such filthy humans!
Old 5th November 2010, 08:57   #3
J.Ravi

My heart pains whenever I see a beautiful car vandalised by these anti-social elements. I hope, they are only overcoat scratches, which could be set right or minimised to a great extent.

Old 5th November 2010, 10:14   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I had these kind of scratches before and I used wax polish to rub it off. Should work fine since this is the top layer that's scratched. Check it out. it should be fine.
Old 5th November 2010, 10:23   #5
BHPian

Thanks all. I would get it checked tomorrow.

It did not happen at my place's parking lot. It happened at the parking lot of barbeque nation restaurant in Gurgaon. I have a pretty strong feeling that one of their parking ushers did it. He was parking a customer's car when I was parking mine... He was pretty slow at it. I wanted to park my car asap. So, I honked him once or twice. He was staring at me when I left the parking spot to go to the restaurant. Very annoyed right now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks