Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2006, 02:51   #31
BHPian

I would try Lifestyle and then Shoppers stop...look in the kids section. Remember seeing such stuff in Lifestyle hyderabad.

If you want to spend..order it from US....many websites will ship to India via UPS or FEDEX.
Old 22nd April 2006, 10:13   #32
BANNED

Hey Guys,

You might want to try searching in the newly opened Mother Care located at all Shoppers Stop outlets. Also Just Moms used to have them at least a month ago as I had seen it there.

Is this what you guys are looking for.

http://www.mothercare.com/bin/venda?...rs,higboosters
Viper

Last edited by viper : 22nd April 2006 at 10:16.
Old 22nd April 2006, 12:06   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Is this what you guys are looking for.

http://www.mothercare.com/bin/venda?...rs,higboosters

Viper,

I think he is looking for one for the car!
(Or atleast i hope so since this is posted in modifications & accessories!)

cya
R
Old 22nd April 2006, 15:37   #34
BHPian

i think you could find one at the benneton kids shop in MGF mall gurgoan, i saw one lying there once...
cheers!!
Old 22nd April 2006, 15:48   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Viper,

I think he is looking for one for the car!
(Or atleast i hope so since this is posted in modifications & accessories!)

cya
R

Well then all he has to do is go to the car booster seat section in mother care.

Viper
Old 23rd April 2006, 23:41   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Well then all he has to do is go to the car booster seat section in mother care.

Viper
Sorry, my bad!
Missed seeing that, as it opened on the "feeding" page!

cya
R
Old 24th April 2006, 12:28   #37
BHPian

Try Here

This guy should be having them-hyperformance motorsports call nivit on 9810128896.Was just going thru the autocar,it says they deal in baby car chairs also.
Old 24th April 2006, 15:31   #38
Team-BHP Support

Viper try putting a 4 year old in a feeding seat!
better still try seating a 4 year old while feeding!

what we are looking for is
http://www.mothercare.com/bin/venda?...C&carryfields=

there are 4 pages of these seats but they have not yet been bought to India. MC India has no idea if and when they will arrive.
Old 25th December 2006, 09:11   #39
BHPian

Booster Seat : In Bangalore : Info required

Hi,

I have gone through the threads on booster thread in this forum. However, I couldn't get the exact information, which I was looking for.

I would appreciate the info on the following

1. Where can I get the child booster seat in "Bangalore"
2. Any recommended brands, which is available in Bangalore
3. If any one wanting to sell their booster seat in Bangalore, please PM me.
4. Any additional info on *buying* child booster seat in Bangalore.

regards,
-manju
Old 25th December 2006, 10:54   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

By child booster seats if you're referring to the child safety seats meant for young kids, I remember seeing one in Lifestyle a month back
Old 25th December 2006, 11:24   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Hi,

1. Where can I get the child booster seat in "Bangalore"
I saw one in "Urbanite" kids shop in CMH Road. If I remember it correctly, the price was around 4.8K. The shop is near the ICICI ATM near to M.K Retail.
Old 25th December 2006, 14:56   #42
Senior - BHPian

you can get them at baby care shops like mother care and likes. small ones upto a year can cost 1k, larger ones which can take upto 4 years old can come in 4k-8k. they comes with proper base and seat belts. These should be made manadatory for carying kids(like in uk & other place where life is valued) in car since it is a life saver, and any parent loving his baby can spend this amount if he can buy a car, but i know this is also like helmet and seat belt story in india.
in mumbai they are there in alfa store, the shopping complex on juhu road.
in banglore a saw few in national market area.
Old 25th December 2006, 20:55   #43
BHPian

Hi,

Thanks for everyone who has given me th inputs. Today afternoon I spent in find the correct booster seat for my son. For the information of others those who are looking for info on this @ Bangalore, here is the summary.

1. Lifestyle : You can get only car seats, however they were found to be bit expensive and brands were unknown. They range between 6K to 11K, there were only three models, none of them could fit my son, who is around 15kgs...

2. Baby Shop on Halsoor Road parallel to MR Road : Only car seats, not much choice and good finish, once again ony 3 models (Not sure what is that number three has in common) 2 of them between 5k-7k and another one at 12k (really good looking one, but with three point locking).

3. Childcare at sringar complex on MG road : Once again only car seats, good customer care, got some other models from there another shop in commercial streat, however same story as life style, except the price were more resonalbe between 2k-5k. The lady at the shop, after hearing my requirement on branded seat/boosters directed me to Mother care at Indira Nagar.

4. Mothercare @ Indira Nagar, 12th Main, 5th cross, above crosswords.
It is on offshoot of Shopers stop and retail outlet for the Mothercare, UK. Excellent customer care, they have nice car seats and alos boosters. they are the only one among the 4 shops they had branded (Mother care of UK) and ECE R44-03 standard complient booster and car seats. The prices were also reasonabl for branded one. Car seats ranging from 5k-8k (all are mothercare brand) and boosters from 1400-2000. They also informed me that they have run out of the big car seat for 3+yr child. However, they had a very good boosters, so brought one paying almost Rs.2000/-

I would recommend Mothercare, for any one who is looking for branded and Europe made(Not Made-in Chain) care seats or boosters.

PS: I don't have any commercial or any other association with any of the shops or their compitation or any commericial interest out of this feedback.

regards,
-manju
Old 27th December 2006, 15:50   #44
Senior - BHPian

Although this thread is for Car/Booster seats in Bangalore , I'd like to mention that there are shops in Salt Lake City Centre in Kolkata where these are available - mostly chinese/thai stuff. My son has been using a car seat for the last 6 months. He loves being driven around in it.
The only grouse is that when it is not occupied, it rattles - not that it matters much, since the ICE effectively smothers it
Old 10th June 2007, 06:04   #45
BHPian

There is a Carmate baby seat for Rs. 5k in the June 2007 Autocar which is supposed to be available through methodsonline.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks