Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2010, 18:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

FIAT Genuine Accessories - Discrepancies in pricing

Fiat India has put up a genuine accessories list on their website with Mrp and Part nos.

Fiat India

But when you check the accessory list at the dealerships , the prices are on a higher side.

for example
1. Carpet Mats Black Part Number: 59089379 MRP: RS.890, but showrooms mention rubber matts for Rs.1600

2. Mud Flaps Part Number: 59116277 MRP: RS.490, but showrooms mention mud flaps for Rs.850

When i inquired for leatherite seat covers they asked me for whooping Rs.31000 whereas fiat website mentions
Classic Seat Cover Beige (Leather & PU Combination)- Part Number: 59089377 MRP: RS.11640

I am wondering why such a discrepancy.

Has anyone purchased these seat covers. Fiat says that they stitch it on the seat itself and they are not the clip sorts.
Old 22nd November 2010, 20:17   #2
BHPian

Hi Amit ,

This happened with me too . Just take a printout of the genuine accessories to the showroom and before you show them the printout make sure you get a accessories list from them clearly mentioning the prices .

They had initially installed the duplicate mudflaps and charged 850 and that , when I hadn't even requested those . A few months later I saw a post on T-BHP with pics of original mud flaps and I went and fought with them and my money was refunded and the flaps changed for free .

Also the mats , these are after market mats that they are offering . They will say all sorts of stuff like " Sir , we are covering the boot also " but its such a crappy mat you wouldn't ever want it in your car .

And by the way , let me guess , the showroom you went to is PANDIT auto. No one else does it better than them . CHEATERS !
Old 22nd November 2010, 21:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

you guessed it right, but they wont mess with me. i already made them sign on my document that i will accept only original accessories.

the sales manager and the sales executive are very good with me. appreciate their support. but i have to play very safe until my car is delivered.
Old 23rd November 2010, 14:20   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Fiat India has put up a genuine accessories list on their website with Mrp and Part nos.

Fiat India
Just went through this link and IMHO, all the items listed under various categories have correct prices and not being over charged on the name of Genuine Accessories.
Good move by Fiat.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks