Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2010, 16:11   #1

Need Advice: Swift 2006 VXI MakeOver

Hey guys,

First, a shout to all of those people who have contributed to this forum with tonnes of information. Without the data, I would have been clueless about modding my car. Great work guys

Next up, I have a Swift VXI 2006 model. Last month, I made my mind to redo my car. My car was scarred with dents that accumulated over the last four years and I was tired of driving my ride everyday like that. So I made my mind and decided to give my car a facelift.

The first thing that I did was change the stock color from red to azure grey. Yes, some of you may think it wasn't the wisest of decisions, but I'd be frank, I really like azure grey and my Dad was against that color when we were buying the car! I'd don't plan to sell this car (my first car!) so I think I can deal with "minus points on resale".

Paint job was done in a local garage in Andheri (A family friend's garage) and costed Rs. 15,000.

Things that I plan to do:

1. 16inch Lenso SC 01 samurai / Gun Metal Finish with 205/50/R16 Yokohama S Drives
2. Angel Eyes and LED tail light setup (Low Beam: HID 4300K and High: Osram NB/Philips Crystal Vision)
3. K&N CAI
4. Leather Seating & Ambient Lighting

Now I need your expert take on the following:

1. Tyre Size and Alloys: I have read threads regarding right tyre size and the thread regarding 16inch wheels vs 15inch wheels on the swift. I can't make up my mind on this.. I love 16inch wheels and my heart is quite set on it. However, I do not want to take a decision without knowing the pros and cons

Need sound advice on this. I believe the suspension also takes a hit on 16inch rims, however this point would be addressed in later.

2. Possible Clutch Problem: My car has done approx 41,000 kms. My clutch slips during shifts and I sometime hear empty-revving. Is time for me to change my clutch? If yes, should I buy a stock clutch or exedy clutch. I read about this on team-bhp threads and you can be sure that the slippage/sound is not due to half-clutch driving/incorrect shifting. Could someone provide me with cost details and where can I purchase the same?

3. Suspension Problem: I feel my front suspension is a little weak and now sometimes makes funny squeaky noises. The garage guy said that the suspension needs to be changed. At 41K is it possible that the suspension is screwed? What should I do? If I have change my suspension should I change it to Bilstein suspension. What is the cost for the above?

4. Possible DrumPad Problem: While braking gently (just touching the break pedal slowly) sometimes I can hear a noise from my brakes. Seems like a breaks wearing out issue. I thought, I'd take a second opinion on this too.

I look forward to hearing from you guys soon. Thanks again for stopping to read this thread.

Cheers
Old 26th November 2010, 16:35   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_artemis View Post
Hey guys,

First, a shout to all of those people who have contributed to this forum with tonnes of information. Without the data, I would have been clueless about modding my car. Great work guys

Next up, I have a Swift VXI 2006 model. Last month, I made my mind to redo my car. My car was scarred with dents that accumulated over the last four years and I was tired of driving my ride everyday like that. So I made my mind and decided to give my car a facelift.

The first thing that I did was change the stock color from red to azure grey. Yes, some of you may think it wasn't the wisest of decisions, but I'd be frank, I really like azure grey and my Dad was against that color when we were buying the car! I'd don't plan to sell this car (my first car!) so I think I can deal with "minus points on resale".

Paint job was done in a local garage in Andheri (A family friend's garage) and costed Rs. 15,000.

Things that I plan to do:

1. 16inch Lenso SC 01 samurai / Gun Metal Finish with 205/50/R16 Yokohama S Drives
2. Angel Eyes and LED tail light setup (Low Beam: HID 4300K and High: Osram NB/Philips Crystal Vision)
3. K&N CAI
4. Leather Seating & Ambient Lighting

Now I need your expert take on the following:

1. Tyre Size and Alloys: I have read threads regarding right tyre size and the thread regarding 16inch wheels vs 15inch wheels on the swift. I can't make up my mind on this.. I love 16inch wheels and my heart is quite set on it. However, I do not want to take a decision without knowing the pros and cons

Need sound advice on this. I believe the suspension also takes a hit on 16inch rims, however this point would be addressed in later.

2. Possible Clutch Problem: My car has done approx 41,000 kms. My clutch slips during shifts and I sometime hear empty-revving. Is time for me to change my clutch? If yes, should I buy a stock clutch or exedy clutch. I read about this on team-bhp threads and you can be sure that the slippage/sound is not due to half-clutch driving/incorrect shifting. Could someone provide me with cost details and where can I purchase the same?

3. Suspension Problem: I feel my front suspension is a little weak and now sometimes makes funny squeaky noises. The garage guy said that the suspension needs to be changed. At 41K is it possible that the suspension is screwed? What should I do? If I have change my suspension should I change it to Bilstein suspension. What is the cost for the above?

4. Possible DrumPad Problem: While braking gently (just touching the break pedal slowly) sometimes I can hear a noise from my brakes. Seems like a breaks wearing out issue. I thought, I'd take a second opinion on this too.

I look forward to hearing from you guys soon. Thanks again for stopping to read this thread.

Cheers
Glad to hear that you are going in for a facelift. Here are my points

1. Alloys and Tires
I would recommend 15" alloys with 205/50/R15. I personally use Yokohama S Drives and although the ride is a bit stiff, I find it very good. My bro use 205/50/R16 on his swift. Though he didnt face any problems till now, I wouldnt recommend tat. But it looks super cool.

2. Angel eye projectors.
I think you are referring to the old Angel eye projectors. I would recommend the ones that I have. It's new and it's got motorized beam level adjustment which the old model dont have. Moreover, it's just one single bulbs so you can get 4300k HID's for that.
Same thing for the rear LED tails. Try o source the one with full LED's. The one that is currently available isnt full LED type. Check out the various dealers for this.

3. Bodykit
Try to change the front grill. You can go in for the full mesh type. I have these in my car.
Additionally, you can try to install side skirts and bumper lips. Try to keep this simple. There are many bodykits which spoil the completely.

Keep us updated.

Cheers.
Old 26th November 2010, 22:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

I could give you a new set of front struts (stock) as my car is going thru some major upgrades :-)

The ideal size would be 205/55/15 for the Swift. That is what I am running.

I just put in a new clutch which has run maybe 2000 kms. I can give you that & you are good to go.

Needless to say I am going to charge for it, but minimal.

PM me if interested, as I am changing everything as I am going TURBO !!!!

All the best
Old 27th November 2010, 01:52   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I could give you a new set of front struts (stock) as my car is going thru some major upgrades :-)
Completely OT. But do reconsider. It might be a good idea to keep your stock stuff, just incase sometime in the future you want/need to shift back. Just a suggestion, no offence meant.
Old 27th November 2010, 11:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Completely OT. But do reconsider. It might be a good idea to keep your stock stuff, just incase sometime in the future you want/need to shift back. Just a suggestion, no offence meant.

None taken Akshay. Thanks for pointing that out.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks