Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2010, 12:04   #1
BHPian

Aftermarket Products for Verna Diesel

Good Morning all the guru`s in the house....I just want to know that i am planning to buy a hyundai verna and after that i want to install Aftermarket Universal Intercooler and Blow off valve.So i want to know that is it possible to install these products.

Thanks
Old 1st December 2010, 15:37   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Why would you want to do that? What's wrong with the stock Verna intercooler? Honestly, the Verna common-rail has more power than it can handle. Literally! If I were you, I'd hunt for a bolt-on after market suspension that will improve the handling & dynamics of the car.

BTW, are you running a tuning box already?
Old 1st December 2010, 15:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Tuning Box + Monroe suspension + good set of tires
Thats the best you can do with Verna.
Old 3rd December 2010, 08:37   #4
BHPian

Noooo....i am not running on tunning box but want to install one soon......and one more thing can i go Blow off valve for verna.....and which company offers the best suspension and good set of tires in 14" for hyundai verna?????
Thanks for the reply
Old 3rd December 2010, 09:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Venom View Post
Noooo....i am not running on tunning box but want to install one soon......and one more thing can i go Blow off valve for verna.....and which company offers the best suspension and good set of tires in 14" for hyundai verna?????
Thanks for the reply
Tires, you have loads of information on the Tyres and Alloy Wheel section. Choose whats best for you, there are many good brands like Michelins, Bridgestones, Yokos, Conti etc etc. I've upgraded to Bridgestone Turanza ER60 - 195 60 R14. Pretty good all round tires, in my opinion. Have been running for more than a year now on those. Zilch issues so far.
Yes, the Verna definitely needs better tires than stock.
Old 3rd December 2010, 12:53   #6
BHPian

actually i was looking in Michellin PP3 or Yoko C drive or BF Goodrich......is the size available for verna diesel???
Old 7th December 2010, 20:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

@The Venom - If you haven't bought the Verna already, I suggest you buy it and run it for some time to get used to the stock power. Trust me, the stock ouput of the engine is ENOUGH for the suspension to handle, and enough for 90pct of real life conditions.

The Verna's stock size is 185/65 R14. None of the tyres you mentioned come in that size, though the Yoko C Drive does come in 195/60 R14 (a natural upgrade). But if a performance monster is what you're looking for, why these tyres? Get Yoko Advans in 195/60 R14 size. Thats one tyre you'll never be able to outperform
Old 16th August 2012, 08:29   #8
BHPian

Re: Aftermarket Products for Verna Diesel

Hello friends, need some help here

My Verna CRDI SX 2008 is 65k km old now and as per Hyundai A.S.S needs suspensions change. I usually dont change the stock parts of my car but we all know that Verna ride on back seats is close to Essel world rides.So I have decided to upgrade them if possible. Did my bit of research and bumped into names like Monroe, Koni and some KY (Pardon my mediocre knowledge ). What do you guys advice? Where in mumbai can i get them ? which is the best one for my requirement- chauffeur driven ? Whats the cost like?
Old 16th August 2012, 11:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

Monroes for rear were available @ 12k~15 for a set. But i'm not sure about its availability now as old verna is obsolete. You can contact Petes cochin.

Handling would improve substantially but ride quality of the rear won't be good.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2012, 11:38   #10
BHPian

Thanks for the response kpzen, I enquired with petes, Monroes are not available for old verna. Any other options?
Old 16th August 2012, 11:53   #11
BHPian

Hi Venom,

I have a '08 Verna CDRi and no mod's to the engine done, not even a aftermarket air filter and 110 power is enough for this beast to blast off. I suggest to hold off any modifications and some time, get used to car, run her well and once you know your car's handling, power and fully confident with her only then think of some upgrades. the only update I did was got the Bridgestone G III 195 potenza's and a lip spoiler on the boot.

Coming to the suspensions lot has been spoken about them but it all depends on how you drive as well and the roads. I am on the stock suspensions and so far, never felt any issues with it, never crossed more than 140 on an open road when there is less traffic and till date I never felt an need to change them.

Verna is a good car, ride her safe and she will take care of you

-Sajan
Old 16th August 2012, 13:43   #12
BHPian

Same here Sajands, no modification done to the car at all, and till date no spare parts of the car except brake pads and tyres have been changed. Car has clocked 65k and more than 50 percent has been through bad roads and potholes. If I dont have choice of any other suspensions, any tips to pass on to mechanic to tune the new Hyundai suspensions to improve the rolling ?
Old 16th August 2012, 14:51   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khadoos baby View Post
any tips to pass on to mechanic to tune the new Hyundai suspensions to improve the rolling ?
I guess that depends on the type of suspension you choose, if its the stock replacement again then you may want to stiffen it a bit to the hard side and if its an koni or some other you may want to do a custom settings with trail and error method.

-Sajan
Old 16th August 2012, 15:51   #14
Senior - BHPian

At this moment,when the model is obsolete, I think you should stick with stock setup.
Old 16th August 2012, 16:13   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hi Venom,

I have a '08 Verna CDRi and no mod's to the engine done, not even a aftermarket air filter and 110 power is enough for this beast to blast off. I suggest to hold off any modifications and some time, get used to car, run her well and once you know your car's handling, power and fully confident with her only then think of some upgrades. the only update I did was got the Bridgestone G III 195 potenza's and a lip spoiler on the boot.

Coming to the suspensions lot has been spoken about them but it all depends on how you drive as well and the roads. I am on the stock suspensions and so far, never felt any issues with it, never crossed more than 140 on an open road when there is less traffic and till date I never felt an need to change them.

Verna is a good car, ride her safe and she will take care of you

-Sajan
Hi Sajands,

I too have a stock Verna, didnt face any issues with handling till date. Mine are stock Bridgestone tires. Have run about 51K till date. The treads now seem to be nearing their end ,mine are 185 profile -with company fitted alloys.

Any suggestions for a new set of shoes? Any pointers to dealers in Bangalore?

-Varun
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks