Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2011, 10:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Sticky Getz dashboard

I had the same problem on my Getz and got it fixed at a MyTVS outlet in Chennai. Please refer to my post in the below thread for the solution on my Getz.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...oard-getz.html

AmitMk. Getz Dashboard is very allergic to most of the dashboard cleaners/sprays. My dashboard got sticky after it went for a 3M interior treatment. It became worse as days went along
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2011, 10:50   #17
BHPian

I know a acquaintance whos' Getz dashboard also got really sticky. But I remember him saying its because he used some dashboard polish which was very harsh.
Old 2nd March 2011, 23:38   #18
BHPian

I have the same problem with the Verna dashboard and will be approaching a nearby auto paint workshop to get the material on dashboard cleaned and repainted. The stickyness has caused scratches and patch marks on my Verna's dashboard.
Old 11th March 2011, 12:35   #19
BHPian

Re: Dashboard has become sticky..

I have read a lot of you suggesting painting the dashboard.

How does one get that done? I mean what color paint will they put on that and won't it look completely different then?
Old 11th March 2011, 13:03   #20
BHPian

@Amitmk: My getz had a blackdashboard and was painted with the primer alone. Cost close to Rs 2K and the dashboard got restored to its original color and shape. This was done last year and unfortunately did not collect the details of the primer used.

@icemanz: Where you able to talk to Vijay of Bhagavthi to understand what he did to fix the Getz dashboard? If not, will try reaching out to him.
Old 11th March 2011, 22:50   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
@icemanz: Where you able to talk to Vijay of Bhagavthi to understand what he did to fix the Getz dashboard? If not, will try reaching out to him.
Yes Sridhar, I did call Vijay of Bhagvathi. He was not able to offer much help since he has workshops only in Chennai and Coimbatore. Taking the car to Cbtre and leaving it there for 3 days is not practically possible for me. On inquiring about the primer he said it was a chemical compound and did not disclose any further details.
It would be great help if you could find out the details of the primer and share with me.
Old 1st November 2011, 16:10   #22

Guys,

Reach out to Hyundai folks before you do anything. I understand that they
would help and paint the dashboard for you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks