Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2005, 09:56   #1
BHPian

for hyderabadis - where to install Autocop

Hi

Just wanted to know if i can take my car to Minister's Road & Get the Autocop Installed in any of the shops ?

Or is there a recommended dealer/shop...

Also, any recommended Autocop Model ?
Old 26th December 2005, 10:28   #2
BHPian

Try Solar Shade on Minister Road.

They typically get the Autocop engineer to install the unit. Keep in mind that there's cutting of wires involved.

Keep an eye out for any sort of hoopla - stay with your car and ensure all the unit performs all the functions before you leave.
Old 26th December 2005, 11:24   #3
BHPian

[SIZE=2]hey man, i got my autocop fixed at car jewel....it did'nt give me any trouble till date...found those guys pretty decent too. But i would recommend Motoaxis...supposed to be one of the best places around.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]godspeed.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
Old 26th December 2005, 11:44   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
[SIZE=2]hey man, i got my autocop fixed at car jewel....it did'nt give me any trouble till date...found those guys pretty decent too. But i would recommend Motoaxis...supposed to be one of the best places around
Can u pls tell me the Location of " Car Jewel" & "Motoaxis"

Quote:
They typically get the Autocop engineer to install the unit. Keep in mind that there's cutting of wires involved.
What's the cutting...isnt there some kind of Kit avl - by which cutting of wires can be avoided ?
Old 26th December 2005, 12:12   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1
Can u pls tell me the Location of " Car Jewel" & "Motoaxis"

What's the cutting...isnt there some kind of Kit avl - by which cutting of wires can be avoided ?
Hey paharino1... first of all, are you sure you want only Autocop? I got my car done at Minister Road. However I found that there are just as many competitive models available besides the Autocop range. They are equally competent if not more. And they may even cost less.

I got Fort Knox LX-II installed (Huf, Germany). It comes with a 3year replacement warranty. Along with the device I got stereo protection and reverse alarm besides the regular features like valet mode, zone bypass, frequency hopping etc. Best part is that it does not have the ugly looking antenna and the remote is also pretty handy in shape.

I got it done at Matrix. Its the very 1st shop at the corner once you turn left from SP Road. Negotiate and you will get it at a very good rate. Mine came for Rs. 3500. Finally, remember to check each feature is working. Most shops have this bad habit of skipping the bonnet-open sensor and even the hatch!!!
Old 26th December 2005, 12:56   #6
BHPian

Actually I have been driving my Siena around Hyd for 18 months without having any Security System. Just use the Key based Central Locking !!

Mostly my car is parked inside my Office or my Apartment Complex..

But I am going for a Long Drive ( ~2000kms) to MP & Chattisgarh...So want to get some Security System Installed...Apart from Autocop( Fort Knox - now that u mentioned) ..I am also going to buy a Steering Rod Lock..

Gear Lock..Well not sure....A Steering Rod Lock + Gear Lock + Electronic Security System --> Isnt it Overkill ??
Old 26th December 2005, 14:15   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1
Actually I have been driving my Siena around Hyd for 18 months without having any Security System. Just use the Key based Central Locking !!

Mostly my car is parked inside my Office or my Apartment Complex..

But I am going for a Long Drive ( ~2000kms) to MP & Chattisgarh...So want to get some Security System Installed...Apart from Autocop( Fort Knox - now that u mentioned) ..I am also going to buy a Steering Rod Lock..

Gear Lock..Well not sure....A Steering Rod Lock + Gear Lock + Electronic Security System --> Isnt it Overkill ??
I see. Actually, I feel a small pin type gear lock is a more non-intrusive type of physical safety system. The other day I checked one a solar shades. He was asking for some Rs.1800 or so. It was a Taiwanese product. The key looked really hard-to-copy kinds... Not those regular keys. It had a really thick and heavy bolt (pin) that goes inside the lock and prevents the gear lever from operating. It looked pretty un-sawable.

Yeah, so many things do sound like a bit of an overkill but then if someone makes an attempt (and hope he fails) it won't appear so My personal feeling is the gear-lock (the type I saw) is better and more practical as you will use it. The bigger and bulkier things make you feel lazy (oh, I will be gone for just 10 mins).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks