Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2011, 16:19   #1
BHPian

Need Bodykit for the Hyundai Getz

hi friends,
as many of you know am using gets 1.3 for my college use, now a days am getting bored of the stock look so am planning to get a decent bodykit for my baby! i tried to chat with Arush (Autopsyche) regarding this, but due to his busy schedule, i didn't get to discuss about this properly.
now am thinking of buying a second hand body kit. what do you all think about it? is it worth searching for an used body kit? how successful i ll be in finding one? am a great fan of arush, anyway i can find something designed by him?
anybody can provide me some info before i mess up my car? , and if anybody has some designs or any used bodykit up for sale, then please let me know.
thanks all
Old 11th January 2011, 16:43   #2
BHPian

Re: need bodykit for getz

Its not easy to find a used body kit for Getz and if I was you I would stay away from used bodykit. Any day i would prefer a new bodykit as it gives more charm to vehicle. If you have any plans for new one then I can suggest the below one. One of my colleague has done body work here and car looks awesome, that was also a Getz.

Kitup Auto Coimbatore
Old 11th January 2011, 16:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

althaaf have you tried contacting rajeev(kitup)from coimbatore. Check their website here and here , I see some decent kits for the getz check this linky too. Barring the atrocius graphics and paint-jobs the kits look pretty good.

You also have kurian from R&T which I think is based in kottayam who is into making body kits. Their website is here.
Old 11th January 2011, 17:01   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
Its not easy to find a used body kit for Getz and if I was you I would stay away from used bodykit. Any day i would prefer a new bodykit as it gives more charm to vehicle. If you have any plans for new one then I can suggest the below one. One of my colleague has done body work here and car looks awesome, that was also a Getz.

Kitup Auto Coimbatore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
althaaf have you tried contacting rajeev(kitup)from coimbatore. Check their website here and here , I see some decent kits for the getz check this linky too. Barring the atrocius graphics and paint-jobs the kits look pretty good.

You also have kurian from R&T which I think is based in kottayam who is into making body kits. Their website is here.
Thanks a lot for helping out, but unfortunately, am doing my college in Nepal even though am basically from kerala!!! The car which i use is indian registered as we are allowed to keep indian vehicles in Nepal. The nearest indian town for me is gorakhpur which is in up and hence getting the car the whole way to chennai, coimbatore or kottayam is near to impossible for me. And as i told before, am a great fan of arush's design (just personal taste. others dont mind please). Delhi is much nearer for me than south india.
i agree that finding a second body kit might be a big headache and it may have problems too. but i have full confidence in team bhp, n hope i ll get my work done. if nothing works out, i ll wait for arush to respond some day !
Old 11th January 2011, 17:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

errrr.... your location shows thissur and not Nepal . I don't know if it would feasible to get one shipped to your location , instead why don't you scout the market there and check for any garage who could make a body kit for your getz ?
Old 11th January 2011, 18:05   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
errrr.... your location shows thissur and not Nepal . I don't know if it would feasible to get one shipped to your location , instead why don't you scout the market there and check for any garage who could make a body kit for your getz ?
yea, i ll try adding nepal and gorakhpur also to my location, so people will get more confused!!
its better not to talk about the garages here , they dont even do welding of the silencer or do simple denting painting work, if i go and talk about body kits, they will thin am a fool. my only option is arush or get a built one and get it fixed here, but problem is that i plan to repaint the car, put nice mags, headlight taillight modification etc. i don't think it can all be done by shipping from kerala the parts.

P.S:- i wish arush is reading this !!
Old 12th January 2011, 00:44   #7
BHPian

Here is what I would suggest for your Getz.

Its simple, clean and attractive, its how mods on small cars should be..well unless you are really tuning it up..

TORQUED
Attached Thumbnails
Need Bodykit for the Hyundai Getz-hyundai-getz-se-special-limited-edition-now-available.jpeg  

Need Bodykit for the Hyundai Getz-hyundai-getz-se-limited-edition-malaysia.jpeg  

Need Bodykit for the Hyundai Getz-hyundai-getz-se-special-limited-edition-now-available1.jpeg  

Attached Images

Last edited by TORQUED : 12th January 2011 at 00:46. Reason: typo correction
Old 12th January 2011, 13:31   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUED View Post
Here is what I would suggest for your Getz.

Its simple, clean and attractive, its how mods on small cars should be..well unless you are really tuning it up..

TORQUED
woow.. looks hot.
Meanwhile i had made some idea on mods. got some pics from some different websites. please let me know if am wrong in some selection

picture 1) this front bumper impressed me
picture 2) back bumper
picture 3) head light with projectors

Colour, i have planned is white with black top, alloys i think maximum possible will be 15''. no stickers or vinyls at all
Hope this wouldn't make a wrong selection of ideas !.
forgot to tell, mine is 2004 model getz. The headlight is like the cars i posted above(of course without projector)
Attached Thumbnails
Need Bodykit for the Hyundai Getz-image0361.jpg  

Need Bodykit for the Hyundai Getz-image0271.jpg  

Need Bodykit for the Hyundai Getz-28637_112110.jpg  

Old 13th January 2011, 19:49   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by althaaf View Post
woow.. looks hot.
Meanwhile i had made some idea on mods. got some pics from some different websites. please let me know if am wrong in some selection

picture 1) this front bumper impressed me
picture 2) back bumper
picture 3) head light with projectors

Colour, i have planned is white with black top, alloys i think maximum possible will be 15''. no stickers or vinyls at all
Hope this wouldn't make a wrong selection of ideas !.
forgot to tell, mine is 2004 model getz. The headlight is like the cars i posted above(of course without projector)
The front bumper is not matching the body lines on the gets, nor the design language, the rear bumpers however could work..also the lights are a definite go!

cheers

TORQUED
Old 14th January 2011, 23:03   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUED View Post
The front bumper is not matching the body lines on the gets, nor the design language, the rear bumpers however could work..also the lights are a definite go!

cheers

TORQUED
After you told, even i feel so!!
Friends help me finding a good bodykit design or other modification ideas. i have few hyundai getz pics collected from here n there. just go through it and suggest if any mix match is possible? am planning to go for 195/50/r15 , i guess it will be right upsize and wont make the ride too bad. right now its running on stock 13'' with 175/70/r13. am posting those pics here
Attached Thumbnails
Need Bodykit for the Hyundai Getz-28637_112103.jpg  

Need Bodykit for the Hyundai Getz-28637_112107.jpg  

Need Bodykit for the Hyundai Getz-adsc00621.jpg  

Need Bodykit for the Hyundai Getz-dsc00376smallbs0.jpg  

Need Bodykit for the Hyundai Getz-dsc00379smallra6.jpg  

Need Bodykit for the Hyundai Getz-dsc07222.jpg  

Need Bodykit for the Hyundai Getz-smalldx3.jpg  

Need Bodykit for the Hyundai Getz-28636_112087.jpg  

Old 14th January 2011, 23:28   #11
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need Bodykit for the Hyundai Getz

The Black one with the Projectors look the best so far. Dont go ballistic with the mods

Keep it clean, simple and you can pull out one mean getz. This is one of my favourite cars for modz
Old 14th January 2011, 23:45   #12
BHPian

I agree with Dreamcatcher...

keeping it simple is the key, if you want a real tuner look go all the way...dont stop halfway through..

here are a few more of my suggestions...you need to be sure of what you want, a clean simple mod or a proper tuner persona from the car.

TORQUED
Attached Thumbnails
Need Bodykit for the Hyundai Getz-hc_frzo_01.jpeg  

Need Bodykit for the Hyundai Getz-hc_fbap_01.jpeg  

Need Bodykit for the Hyundai Getz-hyundaigetzgrububodykit.jpeg  

Old 15th January 2011, 00:51   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
This is one of my favourite cars for modz
mine too!! and thats the only reason i got it for college. now i want to add some spices and make it hot
torqued, i need a smart looking idea, one which is elegant. not planning for an extreme tuner car. the black one in your last post looks good.

Last edited by althaaf : 15th January 2011 at 01:03. Reason: network error caused incomplete post
Old 16th January 2011, 16:38   #14
BHPian

Hey

The possibilities in design are limitless,...PM me more details of what you are looking at.
and yes i personally love the black one with white stripes..if done well getz can be one cool looking ride

TORQUED
Old 29th January 2011, 01:20   #15
BHPian

can somebody tell me the lowest possible tire profile and largest alloy wheel size possible? i ll go for 15'' with 195/50/r15? i need extreme low profile possible without much difficulties in driving and internal organs of my car. can i go for17''? i know u all must be thinking am crazy! but please answer, and i need suggestions on buying alloys online in India.

Torqued- PMed you

Ps: i know there is an alloy and tire thread, but this is a specific question regarding modding my car so i feel my question belongs here only.
thank you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks