Team-BHP - Now Drive Your Car - With Your Cellphone!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Now Drive Your Car - With Your Cellphone! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/95454-now-drive-your-car-your-cellphone.html)

Two engineers from Nokia Asia have done just that - remotely-controlling a BMW with the Symbian smartphone, the Nokia C7! They took just twenty days to create the necessary software and remote control hardware to operate a 1-Series’ steering, brakes and accelerator, as well as all the regular gadgets inside.

YouTube - Nokia C7 as remote control for BMW car

No idea what the intention was, apart from playing pranks on parking attendants, but it's quite a cool app nevertheless. Don't expect to see it anytime soon in the Ovi appstore, however!

~ engadget

One use I can see is that. If your parking space can accommodate 2 cars, but the entry/exit space is sufficient only to take out 1 at a time.
Then you can use this app to move the other car if it is in the way and to put it back later. clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fillmore (Post 2216708)
One use I can see is that. If your parking space can accommodate 2 cars, but the entry/exit space is sufficient only to take out 1 at a time.
Then you can use this app to move the other car if it is in the way and to put it back later. clap:

Thats a cool idea ! I see my neighbors fighting for tightly parked cars very often.This can surely help

Shades of Pierce Brosnan as James Bond in Tomorrow Never Dies??

Only there it was a Sony Ericsson phone.

What I didnt like then was the fact that it robbed an otherwise pretty nice Bond movie of its trademark wicked car chase!

A great concept!

But I hope the phone doesn't hang or restart lol:

It would be great to see home appliances being controlled with the smart phones in the future.

By the way even BlackBerry had done a similar thing but on a F1 car.

Well, we could download those remote apps on our symbian mobiles that could serve as a TV remote using the phones IR

Neat job for the car app, but make sure you have it plugged into the charging source at all times. I enjoyed with the idea of controlling the car using a phone in the bond flick. Cant recollect the name.

:Shockked:This could become a great thing someday once we find more practical everyday applications. Maybe the time is not far when we would have Remote controlled Car races and R/c car rallies. All the fun without none getting hurtstupid:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher (Post 2218415)
Well, we could download those remote apps on our symbian mobiles that could serve as a TV remote using the phones IR

Neat job for the car app, but make sure you have it plugged into the charging source at all times. I enjoyed with the idea of controlling the car using a phone in the bond flick. Cant recollect the name.

Brandon,

The irremote app is already present for Symbian which controls your electronic appliances. Also, there is a RDP Application to control your desktop/laptop

It would be great to control your car through this :thumbs up

Rediff.com reports that Hyundai have invented a new system that will allow your smartphone to double as your car keys, and the technology will be made available to buyers within two years.
Link:Link
Quote:

Rather than using Bluetooth, the system by Hyundai uses wireless Near Field Communication (NFC), allowing you to lock and unlock the car by waving your phone over a small tag on the car window.
Inside the car, you place the phone on a pad in the centre console that wirelessly charges it while the content is synced and streamed to the car's infotainment system and touchscreen.
The system can also store in-car preferences, including radio stations, seating positions and even mirror adjustment - with multiple profiles able to be saved for different drivers.
The system was demonstrated on a concept version of Hyundai's popular i30 in Germany.