Team-BHP - Ovion Art Leather Seats for my Innova
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Ovion Art Leather Seats for my Innova (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/96355-ovion-art-leather-seats-my-innova.html)

Hi Everyone,

I had purchased art leather seat covers for my Innova initially from a shop at mission road, Bangalore.

Though it looked okay, i wasn't happy with the finish and quality. With time, the covers began to get loose, shift here and there etc.

I therefore decided to go for a branded art leather seats. My first visit was to G-Sport. I was shown quite some designs but was not happy because these are not stitched on to the seats but simply tied using elastic strings. The challenge with such art leather seat covers would be to get loose after sometime. They also had limited choice of designs and materials.

That was when Thouqueer (Autofusion) recommended Ovion Art Leather seats. They would first remove the existing seat covers and stitch the art leather material on to the seats. This ensures a perfect oem finish.

There were several designs to choose from but I choose a simpler design that matches my interiors and lighter in color, so that it does not absorb much heat when parked in the open.

The whole installation was a package for the seats, door trims and steering cover on pure leather.

I dropped my car at AutoFusion during an evening and got it delivered the following evening.

The quality of work is praiseworthy. The fitting was perfect as OEM quality.

The whole package came to 16K.

I'm attaching some pictures for everyone to see.

regards,

Nitin.

Nice. The dark grey stripes provide a flourish to the overall muted color scheme. Very warm. Just curious, but how much would the same job in genuine leather cost?

Hi Dhuli,

I was told in the order of 45K.

regards,

Nitin

very neat work, looks very elegant. Is it only the seats or did you get it done door pads also ? Howz the quality of the material.

Cheers,
Rajesh

Looks subtle and elegant nitin. I would certainly would recommend Ovion for the quality and finish of their jobs. My Scorpio's seat covers was done up by Ovion and there was a small problem with the finish of the center seat's hand rest. Went back the next day and they promptly fixed it up. Ashwin absolutely made sure that the work done was to my satisfaction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2500cc (Post 2238388)
very neat work, looks very elegant. Is it only the seats or did you get it done door pads also ? Howz the quality of the material.

Cheers,
Rajesh

From pic one you can see that the doorpad too has been done up in art leather.

@Nithin: Is the Ovion material much softer than the older Art leather covers you had? Do they heat up like normal art leather?

Looks nice but art leather is not leather. The art stands for "artificial"- nuff said.

You get decent options like touch leather (real leather on contact portions + art leather everywhere else) for as low as 25K. If you ask me, the highest grade of "art" leather cannot compare to pure leather. But that's just my opinion- feel free to disagree.

Good value for 16K. Congrats.

@ Nitin : Request. Can you share the store's contact details (name, phone, address)? Also, high points on what you liked and what you didn't like (3 - 5 each).

Once posted, please PM me. I'll shift this thread to the Team-BHP Directory where a lot more users stand to benefit from your contribution. Thanks!

Quote:

Looks nice but art leather is not leather. The art stands for "artificial"- nuff said.
Noopster, there are many people out there who, irrespective of budget, would choose art leather over the real stuff. Reason? Religion, personal belief, animal lovers, lesser maintenance etc. To each his own.

Looks great!

Can you please post closeup shots of the steering wheel? Especially the edges where it meets the center spokes.

Do they have to remove the steering wheel to do this job and does it make the steering wheel feel more chunky? How thick is the leather used for covering the steering wheel.

I was tempted many times to do this, but held back since I was not very confident to allow them to play with the steering wheel with embedded airbag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Vampire (Post 2238625)
I was tempted many times to do this, but held back since I was not very confident to allow them to play with the steering wheel with embedded airbag.

For a steering wheel with the airbags they usually don't dismount it. The cover is stitched on the steering wheel without removing it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2238602)
Noopster, there are many people out there who, irrespective of budget, would choose art leather over the real stuff. Reason? Religion, personal belief, animal lovers, lesser maintenance etc. To each his own.

Agree! In fact I'd never considered that as a factor because practically everyone wears leather shoes to work. But apparently it is a big deal, because a friend of mine swears he will never sit on the skin of a dead animal lol:

But in all fairness, I did say:
Quote:

Originally Posted by noopster (Post 2238577)
But that's just my opinion- feel free to disagree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 2238845)
For a steering wheel with the airbags they usually don't dismount it. The cover is stitched on the steering wheel without removing it.

Ummm...not true. VW said they would dismantle the wheel and send it to Bangalore to be leather-wrapped by Stanley- they quoted me 4-5K and car 4 days in the shop for that. I said no thanks and bought one of those off-the-shlef stitch-on leather wraps for 750/- instead. Doesn't feel the same though- not by a long shot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo (Post 2238512)
From pic one you can see that the doorpad too has been done up in art leather.

@Nithin: Is the Ovion material much softer than the older Art leather covers you had? Do they heat up like normal art leather?

There are several types of materials to choose from. The material I chose is similar to the ones the OEM Toyota uses. You do get softer/harder material. There's also a very wide range of color/finish to choose from.

They do heat up naturally if parked in the open but the seats do not seem to absorb much heat. The older material I had was similar to nappa, hence softer.

regards,

Nitin

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2238602)
Good value for 16K. Congrats.

@ Nitin : Request. Can you share the store's contact details (name, phone, address)? Also, high points on what you liked and what you didn't like (3 - 5 each).

Once posted, please PM me. I'll shift this thread to the Team-BHP Directory where a lot more users stand to benefit from your contribution. Thanks!

I got it done through Autofusion, Bangalore. The contact is Thouqueer: +91 9845 004858. Once you drop your car at his shop, Ovion's driver would pick it up, take it to their workshop and drop it back after the job is done.

regards,

Nitin

Quote:

Originally Posted by noopster (Post 2238974)
Ummm...not true. VW said they would dismantle the wheel and send it to Bangalore to be leather-wrapped by Stanley- they quoted me 4-5K and car 4 days in the shop for that. I said no thanks and bought one of those off-the-shlef stitch-on leather wraps for 750/- instead. Doesn't feel the same though- not by a long shot.

I beg to differ coz an i20 was being done up at the Ovion factory when I was there and I saw them stitch the steering wheel cover without dismantling the steering wheel. Asked them as to why they never removed the steering wheel and the answer was , we usually don't do it for cars with airbags.

In-fact when we went Stanley(bangalore) with my friends car, they never removed the steering wheel. It was stitched to perfection right in front of our eyes. In your case since VW themselves were involved, am sure they did have the knowledge on how to go back and install the steering wheel with the airbags.

Great to know that they don't dismantle the steering wheel with airbags.

Is it a possibility to remove the middle man and deal with Ovion factory directly? It might be slightly cheaper and additionally I don't trust handing over my cars to drivers.