Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2006, 16:28   #16
BHPian

how good are these devices they carry? and those things should work only during the day, right? so, how would they be able to check the darkness of the tint if a car is caught during night?
and secondly, 3M is now advertising 51% and 52% sunfilms at the dealers. not quite sure if it would be a wise idea to go for these as these might not pass the tests using the devices.

Last edited by satan_crazy : 7th January 2006 at 16:29.
Old 7th January 2006, 21:20   #17
BHPian

The rules are valid throughout the country, but the madness is currently on at Bangalore.
As an afterthought I have decided to wait till 15th, that is next Sunday and then decide. Hopefully, some more updates shall be available by then. Heard some arguments relating to applicability of these rules only for yellow board vehicles.

Last edited by S Pathak : 7th January 2006 at 21:21.
Old 7th January 2006, 21:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

hey i dont understand how they scratch the tints of your vehicles as it is applied on the inner side...
Old 7th January 2006, 21:55   #19
BHPian

well i hope they scrap this rule from ALL CARS to just transport vehivles with yellow board...else its goin to be some nightmare.how would any lady venture out in the dark in a car with full visibility??its as good as saying come and get me...
Old 8th January 2006, 00:02   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
will there be any trouble with the tints in Mumbai?
Old 8th January 2006, 00:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

Gareware Sun cool is RTO approved!
Old 8th January 2006, 14:53   #22
BHPian

..its a crazy rule.....but guess that`l be around for few months nd go off...i remember..few years back when a similar rule had come....aft few months it was forgotten
Old 8th January 2006, 15:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

I dont think this rule is going to come off.. even though there were protests against this all cars in bangalore have to remove the tints... this is from a valuable source that i know personally.. i have removed the tints from my car today.. i am not going to fight the law.. first offence is 100/- bucks payable only in court. second offence is 1000/- bucks and if you still dont remove then either the cops will remove the tints or your car will be impounded.. take care..
Old 8th January 2006, 23:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

It's a crappy, stupid rule. How safe do you think women will feel driving home at 11pm at night, with your enthusiastic streethawks zipping alongside on their bikes? Friggin dumbarse idiots running this city. Can't even vote the jackarses out of power...
Old 9th January 2006, 00:54   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
It's a crappy, stupid rule. How safe do you think women will feel driving home at 11pm at night, with your enthusiastic streethawks zipping alongside on their bikes? Friggin dumbarse idiots running this city. Can't even vote the jackarses out of power...
What about rapes happening in broad daylight in these tinted cars !!!!
Old 9th January 2006, 01:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

So basically one rape in Delhi and that's an excuse to get some more people raped in Bangalore? Sorry, that doesn't cut any ice with me...

Before you go off on a tangent, this issue is personal. My mother travels over 20km to work, and sometimes comes home late. My Baleno, and all the other cars I own/owned, have jet black tints.
Old 9th January 2006, 01:18   #27
BHPian

Quote:
So basically one rape in Delhi and that's an excuse to get some more people raped in Bangalore? Sorry, that doesn't cut any ice with me...

Before you go off on a tangent, this issue is personal. My mother travels over 20km to work, and sometimes comes home late. My Baleno, and all the other cars I own/owned, have jet black tints.
I'm talking about a larger issue here. Agreed that some people may have "Inconviniences" cause of this rule but it may never even reach cumulatively the trauma of one single rape.. And please "ITS NOT 'BASICALLY' ONE RAPE , i can remember atleast 8-10 diff incidences in past six months or so.

Infact why dont you turn to page no.5 in TODAYS TOI. I hope you get the picture..

P.S > This aint't about you, I repeat i'm talking about a broader issue here.
Old 9th January 2006, 02:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

I'm sorry, but are you a girl? Do you drive home alone late at night, when young hooligans try following you and blocking you, licking their lips, just because they see you? Do you know what it feels like to feel UNSAFE, all because of your gender?

With all due respect, it's easy to sit in Mumbai and philosophise. In Bangalore, our lives will be affected by this, for the worse I suspect. The broader issue is an amalgamation of smaller issues, which affect individual people.

I don't see this sort of rule in Delhi right now, considering all the moving-vehicle rapes are occuring there.

BTW, I get the Bangalore edition of TOI, so my page 5 has the unlovely Messrs Kharge, Singh, and Gowda.
Old 9th January 2006, 09:33   #29
BHPian

Just a joke

Hi.
By clearing car coolpapers, the police will see through the window at the traffic siganls[even the clear glass closed] & just seeing the face's in the car they will decide, they are bad guy/good guy!!, if any person in the car show their face with smile & the bomb/ak57 in the hand, no problems, can go ahead to his/her destination & bang.

Forcing to remove the car coolpapers are one more stupid!! decision by police, first it was helmet's for 2 wheeler riders, what was happened-nothing, when they force, the helmet company will have a profit,

they have all the power to stop any car on the road, they can do the check for the arms if any![i am reffering IISC incident] well it is required in the cab's to have clear/light cool glass, for the safety of the passanger's. beacause of unknown person driving the vehicle & to have clear vision for passenger even in the dark.

It,s nothing but an, one more way of revenue for cops & the govt.
Old 9th January 2006, 10:26   #30
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
I don't see this sort of rule in Delhi right now
Delhi has this rule since long and is implemented too... I doubt how much influence this rule had on the crime rate though...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks